The Domain Redemption Fee module is now available for download at: http://GJinternetSolutions.com/home/cart.php?gid=5

The first 20 users can use coupon code "RedemptionFee_BetaUser" to get the module for free... Our only request is that you provide feedback at our support page.

Edited by growe
Put real content instead of placeholder content.

Please try now... The site is hosted with HostGator on a shared server and they just fixed a server issue.

Well I was about to say the page did load for me the first time but didn't see the Domain Redemption Fee Module...... then I saw your post #3 above and then went back to reload the page thinking it has been added.....

Now I get the "Could not connect to the database" issue

- - - Updated - - -

Went and refreshed again and its working now. All good....for now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, is this part of the Beta Testing to see if we can get it before we get the "Could not connect to the database"?

Went back and thats the case again. I will wait a bit to see if this works itself out.

I am as frustrated as you are... Working with HostGator now. Apparently their server is still having issues.

that's the downside of using a shared environment.

sometimes i can get the cart but as soon as i click order it gives the db error

Edited by easyhosting

Ya... As a hobbyist reseller, it is not financially prudent for me to get a dedicated server. I wish!

Ya... As a hobbyist reseller, it is not financially prudent for me to get a dedicated server. I wish!

depends what you are paying, but you can get some low priced VPS

So for the last few minutes I have not seen any issues... Looks like Host Gator "might" have their server in order now. Feel free to download the module now.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should state that the module adds the Redemption Fee to expired domains as part of the Daily Cron Job

- - - Updated - - -

A user just pointed out that I did not state it should be placed in the modules/addons/ directory.

You coupon didn't work for me. Has 20 people downloaded it already? Also do I get with source code if I pay, I may want to modify it to some certain custom needs.

Thank you.

i have downloaded and installed, but have some questions

i have domains that have redemption fees, and some that don't, how do i prevent fee's being added to domains that don't have fee's??

also at which point is the fee added?? with melbourneit a domain goes into redemption about 45 days after it expires.. i however ave the expiry date in whmcs set a few days before the real expire date.. so how is this tied up so that fees are only added when actually due??

Hi there,

I would like to know how are the fees applied. Does it add a "item" to the invoice, or updates the Domain Renewal price and text line? Also, is it possible to configure Domain Redemption Fee per TLD and per Registrar? Some of us use more than one Registrars and they have both different Renewal Grace Period days and Feeds.

this has a MySQL issue

main admin page i get

Redemption Fee Module

The Redemption Fee module is out of date.

You are using Version 1.0 but Version is available.

After upgrading, view the module to remove this notice.

just checked addonmodules.php?module=RedemptionFee and it says

Redemption Fee

License Status: Unable to check the license status. Common cause: Apache Mod_security rule blocking this script.

Current Version: 1.0 - Available Version:

A new version is available. It is HIGHLY recommended that you download the newest version.

Download available at:

This module simply adds a "Redemption Fee" to domain renewal invoices when the domain expires.

To alter the Redemption Fee and other settings, visit this page: Redemption Fee Module

Need Help?

This module is a BETA version so please submit bug notices at the author's support website

he sent me CheckRemoteMySQL.php file to place on the server to see what is shows and this is the result

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'gjinternetsolutions.com' (4) in /home/****/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 3

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/****/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user '***'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/***/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/***/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/***/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 8

MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user '***'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

When executing:

SELECT * FROM `VersionCheck` where `Software`='RedemptionFee'

his reply to the above was

Thank you so much... My assumption is that Host Gator is blocking connections... They are investigating now. I have given them your URL to verify it against.

so he sent me a revised file with this message

HostGator is still having trouble. Would you be able to replace your file with the enclosed one which has a bit more debugging code.
, but still an error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'gjinternetsolutions.com' (4) in /home/***/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 3

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/***/public_html/CheckRemoteMySQL.php on line 4

MySQL error 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'gjinternetsolutions.com' (4)

When executing:

Thank you for your patience... This is a BETA version because it still needs to be proven as stable. Version 1.0 worked locally or our machine; however, some mySQL and license issues were found when accessing remotely. Please upgrade to Version 1.1 as 1.0 is not functional.

To upgrade simply go to: http://GJinternetSolutions.com and login to your account. Find the module in your list of products and then choose the upgrade option from the menu.

If you have not already downloaded the first version, you will not be able to use this upgrade method; so simply follow the link in the initial post but PLEASE USE THE UPGRADE METHOD IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE FIRST VERSION.

To be sure the module is running properly, make sure your license status shows "Active" at...

addonmodules.php?module=RedemptionFee

Edited by growe
Fixing Version Numbers

gives you the beta free with the promo code. this does not work, nor does the link to upgrade the beta version, so in a support ticket sends me this

Can you simply login to your account at http://GJinternetworkSolutions.com and upgrade by viewing the module in your products list and then selecting the upgrade option from the menu

fine until you use this and it asks you to pay for the upgraded version, even though the original beta does not work.

Edited by easyhosting

All you get from that link even when you are signed in is "Unauthorized Access Attempt"

Check the upgrade info above now

even version 1.1 gives this

Redemption Fee

License Status: Unable to check your license status. Your server needs some configuration. Your server reports this error: Unknown Error

This module simply adds a "Redemption Fee" to domain renewal invoices when the domain expires.

To alter the Redemption Fee and other settings, visit this page: Redemption Fee Module

Need Help?

This module is a BETA version so please submit bug notices at the author's support website

I know my server is configured correctly as i have other mods that are using the WHMCS licence system and these work 100%

Latest is this message from them

In all honesty I am totally baffled about the license issue.... WHMCS has given some input and I made one minor change which I am uncertain if it will help or not. You can upgrade the module again to get the update. If it still does not work, I'll likely have to hire WHMCS to resolve it.

Regards,

GJ Internet Solutions

fine but when you go to upgrade they want paying and the promo code for the original just gives 'The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms'

Ok, so it seems "easyhosting" has been giving you a play by play of the license issue we are experiencing.

Just to clarify a few things...

1) The BETA version is free... In fact we have recently removed the need for a promo code entirely.

2) The mySQL issue mentioned earlier in the thread was simply the fact that "easyhosting" had an issue on his server with the port. He has since fixed that on his server and has no issues with that part now. The module checks our server once a week to see if a newer version is available and displays a message to you if there is.... That is why remote mySQL is required.

3) We are having an issue with the WHMCS licensing which is causing the module to not work. We are totally baffled as it works locally on our server but not when the module is put on a remote server. The license portion of the code is simply what WHMCS has provided. Without a WHMCS installation on a remote server it is difficult for us to test. If anyone has the BETA version of this module and has coding experience with the WHMCS license module and wants to look at the code, we'll be happy to give you a copy so you can see if you can pinpoint our problem. If you are interested, simply let us know by submitting a ticket at... http://gjinternetsolutions.com/home/supporttickets.php

Thank you !

UPDATE...

It turns out there was nothing wrong with the module... Despite Host Gator repeatedly saying it wasn't, it turned out to be a Mod_Security rule blocking connections. The module should work fine now!!!

To save you scrolling back up, here are the details...

I have created a module that will automatically add a redemption fee to expired domains. You can get the module at http://GJinternetSolutions.com/home/cart.php?gid=5