Guests can no longer submit tickets

xyzulu

16 hours ago, xyzulu said:

It's going to be fixed in 8.1 apparently (already in the beta).

it's not in the changelogs...

16 hours ago, xyzulu said:

Who knows what new issues 8.1 will bring with it despite fixing this one.

there will be plenty - they went from b1 to RC1 with no further betas between.... that's very fast for WHMCS - and very worrying.

13 hours ago, garybarr said:

So I guess we only have two choices, install Beta 8.1 in production use or replace WHMCS ticketing system all together?

I wouldn't install a beta or RC in production - especially when I don't think this issue has been addressed yet... but even if it was addressed in RC1, then that was released 9 days ago - so if fixed,  why are WHMCS letting some existing v8.0.4 versions continue without a hotfix when I can't imagine a v8.1GA release until next year?

11 hours ago, xyzulu said:

Using 8.0.4 ? How can that be?

I really don't think this is a generic problem with the guest support ticket failing by default - i've gone up and down the PHP versions (upto 7.4) and for the life of me, I can't make it fail in the way that it does for you.... the kb suggestions are always showing too regardless of PHP version... doing a full manual reinstall from the v8.0.4 zip might be an option if this is being caused by a missing/corrupt file during update/install.

5 hours ago, PlotHost said:

I suppose we will see it in 8.0.5

I would expect the only reason for a v8.0.5 release to be if they thought v8.1 was going to get delayed significantly and there were sufficient justification to not release more separate hotfixes and to consolidate them into a maintenance update... instinctively, if they've convinced themselves that 8.1 is nearly ready for release, then I wouldn't pin hopes on there being a v8.0.5

I did just get this response from WHMCS:

I am afraid that there isn't a hotfix at this time.

I can confirm that this is a known issue titled CORE-15708 that is resolved in WHMCS 8.1.

As a workaround if you do not yet wish to upgrade, setting the presales form destination (Mail tab of General Settings) to forward to an email address rather than a support department is a viable workaround.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in contact.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst
17 hours ago, xyzulu said:

Support told me it was fixed in 8.1 beta.. but I don't see it. I also tried without recaptcha on.. still the same error.

Hello All,

This issue was reported in bug case #CORE-15708 
After reviewing the bug details, it looks like there was a mistake and this was not included in the Change log for 8.1.0-beta1. However, I can confirm that I've been unable to reproduce this issue in WHMCS 8.1 beta.

6 hours ago, web2008 said:

But the problem with Incorrect ticket assignment is there in some cases and that's not good!

Yes, I agree. The incorrect ticket assignment bug is a major issue.. customers see other contacts listed in their tickets.. contacts from other accounts! Removing that hotfix is not an option.

1 hour ago, WHMCS Danny said:

This issue was reported in bug case #CORE-15708 
After reviewing the bug details, it looks like there was a mistake and this was not included in the Change log for 8.1.0-beta1. However, I can confirm that I've been unable to reproduce this issue in WHMCS 8.1 beta.

Thanks for the update Danny. I really hope 8.1 is out soon then.. and that is is more "stable" than 8.0.x is/was

1 minute ago, xyzulu said:

Yes, I agree. The incorrect ticket assignment bug is a major issue.. customers see other contacts listed in their tickets.. contacts from other accounts! Removing that hotfix is not an option.

Thanks for the update Danny. I really hope 8.1 is out soon then.. and that is is more "stable" than 8.0.x is/was

Sure, I was told that the stable release for 8.1 should be released within the next week or so. Thank you for your patience.

7 hours ago, web2008 said:

I got this problem after I updated with Hotfix CORE-15639 - Incorrect ticket assignment via email piping.

If I use the "old" includes/ticketfunctions.php it`s OK.

But the problem with Incorrect ticket assignment is there in some cases and that's not good!

@brian!I wonder if you were testing with this particular hotfix?

7 hours ago, xyzulu said:

I wonder if you were testing with this particular hotfix?

i'm pretty sure that I haven't bothered to install any hotfixes in the v8.0.4 dev.

15 hours ago, web2008 said:

I got this problem after I updated with Hotfix CORE-15639 - Incorrect ticket assignment via email piping.

If I use the "old" includes/ticketfunctions.php it`s OK.

give @web2008 a medal... 🥇

... *now* I can reproduce the exact error that @xyzulu is seeing - and all I had to do was to replace the default version of /includes/ticketfunctions.php with the version in the CORE-15639 hotfix... reverting back to the version of the file that was already there (which must be the v8.0.3 version as there wasn't an update to that file in the v8.0.4 incremental patch) allows the form to work as normal. 🙂

in that hotfix, there are other files within the/vendor folder that I haven't bother to test - so potentially they might have an impact on this too.

15 hours ago, web2008 said:

if @xyzulu isn't piping, then I suspect just swapping the v8.0.3 or later version of the file should get him through until later, more "stable", v8.1 versions are available.

9 hours ago, WHMCS Danny said:

Sure, I was told that the stable release for 8.1 should be released within the next week or so.

only WHMCS could think of launching a major release GA in the week of Christmas - prepare for v8.1.1 before the New Year everyone. 🙄

frankly, i'd prefer to see a fix to the hotfix and delaying the GA until next month... but maybe i'm biased cos I was planning on a relaxing Xmas break! 🎄

12 hours ago, brian! said:

If @xyzulu isn't piping, then I suspect just swapping the v8.0.3 or later version of the file should get him through until later, more "stable", v8.1 versions are available.

I am piping.. and without this hotfix my customers were seeing other clients names and details appear as posters in their tickets. So, reverting to that is not an option.

I am piping..

that's a shame.

and without this hotfix my customers were seeing other clients names and details appear as posters in their tickets. So, reverting to that is not an option.

fair enough... in that case, you may have to wait for an updated hotfix, or v8.1 - though if WHMCS say that is being released next week, when there's only been 2 beta releases and 5 weeks of limited public testing, that would worry me... however, I appreciate you're between a rock and a hard place with this.

3 hours ago, garybarr said:

Is anyone else having this error display the full error message to the visitor that gives out details that hackers would love to have?

I've checked my settings and it is set to NOT do that, but it is....

oops.png

Hello,

Where exactly are you getting this error at? Also, you covered the actual error itself so its hard to see whats happening but it looks like a PDOException error.

First make sure that you are using the recommended or at the very least the minimum MySQL server version listed our system requirements page here: https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements
I also found an error starting with PDOException in my internal wiki and this specific error message that I am looking at means that the MySQL user does not have the proper permissions for the WHMCS database. Please ensure all permissions are granted for the MySQL user you are using in the configuration.php file but I am not sure if this is the case here since I cannot see the error from your screenshot.

If you can let me know what the error is ill be happy to investigate further.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, garybarr said:

Is anyone else having this error display the full error message to the visitor that gives out details that hackers would love to have?

I've checked my settings and it is set to NOT do that, but it is....

oops.png

See https://docs.whmcs.com/Enabling_Error_Reporting#Enabling_From_Your_Configuration_File you may have this enabled in your configuration file.

The part at the bottom was also a screen capture of my Error Log settings, showing they are all turned off...  yet it's still showing the error message in detail.

Everything was set properly.. so I changed my Cpanel to PHP 7.3, it stopped doing it... I moved it back to 7.4, it stayed fixed... That's all I did.  Not sure why that fixed it, but it did.

...So now I'm back to waiting for WHMCS to fix this major bug that should have warranted an IMMEDIATE hotfix.  It's insane that the most important thing WHMCS does for us, just doesn't work and we have to wait for the next version to fix it with no real ETA.  Our customers are very understanding of that... {rolling eyes}

Hello 

@xyzulu  Thank you for the heads up - you are right 😞  

@WHMCS John 

I now also have this issue too: guests get the following when submitting a ticket..... 

Oops!)

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.
« Back to Homepage

This is after I applied the hotfix mentioned here: 

Fortunately I kept a backup!     I will roll back the hotfix for now...

Edited by sol2010