Guests can no longer submit tickets

xyzulu

Previous to 8.04 this did work.. I am not sure exactly how long ago.. in any case, when a guest attempts to submit a ticket I see the following error (publicly an Oops error):

PDOException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'userid' cannot be null in ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:464
Stack trace:
#0 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(464): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}('insert into `tb...', Array)
#2 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))
#3 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(465): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run('insert into `tb...', Array, Object(Closure))
#4 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(417): Illuminate\Database\Connection->statement('insert into `tb...', Array)
#5 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Processors/Processor.php(32): Illuminate\Database\Connection->insert('insert into `tb...', Array)
#6 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2771): Illuminate\Database\Query\Processors\Processor->processInsertGetId(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder), 'insert into `tb...', Array, 'id')
#7 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Builder.php(1403): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->insertGetId(Array, 'id')
#8 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(900): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder->__call('insertGetId', Array)
#9 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(865): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->insertAndSetId(Object(Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder), Array)
#10 ..../vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(728): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->performInsert(Object(Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder))
#11 ..../includes/ticketfunctions.php(0): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->save()
#12 ..../submitticket.php(0): openNewTicket(NULL, NULL, '1', 'Test ticket', 'Help meee\n\n----...', 'Medium', '', Array, '', '', false, false, true)
#13 {main}
Next Illuminate\Database\QueryException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'userid' cannot be null (SQL: insert into `tbltickets` (`tid`, `userid`, `contactid`, `requestor_id`, `did`, `date`, `title`, `message`, `urgency`, `status`, `attachment`, `lastreply`, `name`, `email`, `c`, `clientunread`, `adminunread`, `service`, `cc`, `editor`, `admin`, `updated_at`) values (qpu888, ?, , 0, 1, 2020-12-16 19:17:13, Test ticket, Help meee

I understand why the error (userid can't be NULL, it should be 0).. but despite testing with Six template, I'm stuck at this point. I have opened a ticket with WHMCS.. but not sure how soon they will respond.

Any ideas?

Edited by xyzulu

Thanks for the workaround.

I've had issues with some users submitting tickets since 8.0.x CC emails are also broken. That being said.. the main issue at thus time is guests submitting tickets.

Why WHMCS don't publish the pending issues and workarounds ( they publish some hotfixes, and others not) is beyond me... such a waste of our time.

1 hour ago, xyzulu said:

What I mean is.. no hotfix.. no public information. Wastes so much time of ours..

even if there was a hotfix, WHMCS doesn't automatically tell you about it's existence... i'm going to have a look again at doing something about this.

1 hour ago, xyzulu said:

I've had issues with some users submitting tickets since 8.0.x CC emails are also broken. That being said.. the main issue at thus time is guests submitting tickets.

if you got a ticket opened an hour ago, that was me testing your form - and yes I did see the oops error... FWIW, if I do the same on my v8 dev, no similar error occurs and the ticket gets created.... the value of 0 is passed to the userid column rather than null.

1 hour ago, xyzulu said:

Why WHMCS don't publish the pending issues and workarounds ( they publish some hotfixes, and others not) is beyond me... such a waste of our time.

oh I so miss the days when bug reports were posted through this place and you then had an idea where the errors are and could look out and work around them... instead of finding out either a) when you got them yourselves or b) when the changelog suggests that they think they've fixed it.

now you're in a position were your guest ticket might not work correctly - and the WHMCS solution might come in the next 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 weeks or might he held back for v8.1 and you're then almost obliged to update to fix it.

i've said it before - WHMCS are one of the worst communicating companies i've ever seen... in many ways, they've got worse over the years and I bet nothing changes in the New Year.

This is a HUGE deal to us, 90% of our tickets do not have accounts, so this has prevented 90% of our business getting through to us.

So I guess we only have two choices, install Beta 8.1 in production use or replace WHMCS ticketing system all together?   Before I make a choice on either of these distasteful solutions, is there any other choices?  I have to get this up before tomorrow when we are expecting LOTS of tickets coming in for a roll-out project we are part of.

Side  point..  8.1 is now RC

The workaround to switch the context us form to email isn't very useful to me either. I'd also have to also disable the submission of tickets by guests altogether as well. 

I suggest you open a ticket with WHMCS. While they have seen this post I'm sure, they won't respond. 

Edited by xyzulu

I wish I could help.

I don't quite understand how we can have a contract with WHMCS as paid customers, yet they don't provide us working software in many cases. They also easily fix issues, but hold back releasing them for weeks/months. It's not good for our business.. and it brings great harm to the WHMCS name. I just don't get it.. WHMCS are not made up of stupid people.. even if money is a factor.. you make good money from quality products and a good name.. not this way..

Yeah, the problem is, they know they have a leading software and other software like Blesta (while I LOVE those people and their support) are behind on having all the extra stuff we really have to have (3rd Party plugins).  So I don't think they care.

This has really hurt us though, so we are looking at moving away to other solutions that might not be all in one, but more reliable with better support.  Thank the lord for Brian!, he rocks!

Mine is on PHP 7.3.23 running on SG cloud. 

Btw we did have an issue with ticket submission but that was caused by InvisiCaptcha which somehow fixed itself a day later. It must have been a glitch at googles end.

Tested guest submission again. See screenshot.

Screenshot_20201217-040215_Chrome.jpg

Edited by rdomains

I tried on php 7.3 and still the same error.

Can you explain more perhaps about your setup.. why you can't see this error while we can.. as well as WHMCS support is a little unusual. 

In the process I found another bug 😉 on php 7.4 the suggested knowledgebase articles are not shown when submitting a ticket... php 7.3 they are.. *sigh*