tap0le

WHMCS Global Services - hacked and doing nothing about it

2 hours ago, bullten said:

I am asking WHMCS to start something like this as they understand their software, modules lol.

@bullten picks up gun and shoots himself in the foot with his own argument - if they understand it so much....

• why are there long outstanding bugs in the core software that never get fixed ?
  • why does every major release need a maintenance release to within a fortnight to fix the newly introduced bugs ?
  • why does it take them three weeks to write a one-line change of URL in a hotfix for pre-v7.6 releases ?
  • why do feature requests take upto five years to get implemented ?
  • why do some new features get introduced with no beta testing, no pre-announcement and seemingly no public requests for it through the usual channels ?
  • why during beta testing is there no documentation on new features ? they publicly release into general availability and LATER release the documentation - by which time the bugs are already in place and they've moved on to the next feature.

I could go on, but I fear that i'd just be wasting my time explaining it to you. 🙄

11 hours ago, bullten said:

A business idea for WHMCS they can setup a basic security call at chargeable price. Meh leave it its useless to explain to someone who follow other company policies and happy with that.

you seem to assume that we're all saying WHMCS is great, their business is great, we agree with how they do things - many of us believe the opposite... except we're wise enough to grudgingly accept that WHMCS is what it is and it sadly isn't going to change.

plus the idea of relying of WHMCS for basic security is the equivalent of you picking up the gun and shooting yourself in the other foot. 👣

24 minutes ago, bullten said:

You cant convince me for it because I am very clear to the point I am talking. Its impossible for me to convince you because I know at what points you are talking. i do understand everything but still its not "impossible" 

the only person who annoyingly keeps on throwing the word "impossible" around is you - WHMCS isn't a democracy, you (or I) don't have any say on what's going to be implemented... they're not going to be swayed by a post here; they're not going to make a rod for their own back by doing what you suggest.

24 minutes ago, bullten said:

I am paid to explore around, fall into conversation and learn things. I can argue with you 24x7 if you want to 😛

how sad - some of us are paid to DO things with what we've learnt - others seemingly just want to talk to hear their own voice... so i'll plonk you on the ignore list and walk away from the thread - it's now becoming pointless. headshake.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian! said:

so i'll plonk you on the ignore list

I haven't heard that term since my Usenet days. How nostalgic! 

• Haha 2

Someone always come in and defend its ally 🙂

I stick to my words and accept things and things I would like to change. I don't care someone agrees to it. If you want to have conversation with me or quote then I will defiantly reply. I also cannot force a company to change its functioning as per my wish atleast i can move around and say what I feel have to be changed based on scenario.

Dont look around my site buddy its support is very different to what you presumes.

• Disappointing 1

Hi all,

Following a dialogue with WGS, I have now re-activated the Marketplace listings.

It is my understanding that the source of the intrusion has been identified and an update published to address it.

I would recommend all users of the Client-X theme apply the 1.0.6 update.

Note: WHMCS has not conducted an audit of any WGS code. This message should not be considered an endorsement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WGS
      50% OFF sale at WHMCS Global Services will end today, don't miss the chance to avail this biggest discount today.
      Use coupon code: BLACK50
      Shop at: http://whmcsglobalservices.com
    • By ModulesGarden
      Hello to every WHMCS enthusiast!
      It is an immense pleasure to announce that following the WHMCS V7.6 release, ModulesGarden team is setting about upgrading our WHMCS gear.
      Once all the necessary compatibility adjustments have been made, we will be putting the already tested products on a list.
      That way you will easily see which modules can be safely installed in the WHMCS V7.6 environment.

Head over to ModulesGarden Forums for the freshest updates and follow the progress regularly!
    • By So, who am I ?
      Hello

I use OrderDomainPricingOverride hook to change some domain price manually, I need two registrars to use this hook, but when I add hook file to the second registrar's folder I get blank page and the whole site shuts down.

I don't use any registrar function in the file, I just check domain's sld and tld and generate price, how can I manage to use the hook for both registrars ?
      this is my whole hook file:
      <?php /** * WHMCS SDK Sample Registrar Module Hooks File * * Hooks allow you to tie into events that occur within the WHMCS application. * * This allows you to execute your own code in addition to, or sometimes even * instead of that which WHMCS executes by default. * * WHMCS recommends as good practice that all named hook functions are prefixed * with the keyword "hook", followed by your module name, followed by the action * of the hook function. This helps prevent naming conflicts with other addons * and modules. * * For every hook function you create, you must also register it with WHMCS. * There are two ways of registering hooks, both are demonstrated below. * * @see https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks/ * * @copyright Copyright (c) WHMCS Limited 2016 * @license https://www.whmcs.com/license/ WHMCS Eula */ // Require any libraries needed for the module to function. // require_once __DIR__ . '/path/to/library/loader.php'; // // Also, perform any initialization required by the service's library. /** * Register a hook with WHMCS. * * add_hook(string $hookPointName, int $priority, string|array|Closure $function) */ add_hook('AdminHomeWidgets', 1, function() { return new SampleRegistrarModuleWidget(); }); add_hook('OrderDomainPricingOverride', 1, function($vars) { // Perform operations to determine price // logActivity('OrderDomainPricingOverride 900', 0); $domain = explode('.', $vars['domain']); $sld = $domain[0]; $tld = '.' . $domain[1]; $domain_name = explode('.', $vars['domain']); if(count($domain_name)==2 && strlen($domain_name[0])==2 && $domain_name[1]=='ge'){ return 900.00; } }); /** * Sample Registrar Module Admin Dashboard Widget. * * @see https://developers.whmcs.com/addon-modules/admin-dashboard-widgets/ */ class SampleRegistrarModuleWidget extends \WHMCS\Module\AbstractWidget { protected $title = 'Sample Registrar Module'; protected $description = ''; protected $weight = 150; protected $columns = 1; protected $cache = false; protected $cacheExpiry = 120; protected $requiredPermission = ''; public function getData() { return array(); } public function generateOutput($data) { return <<<EOF <div class="widget-content-padded"> Your widget output goes here... </div> EOF; } }  

• By krt463
      Hello,    I searched the marketplace and couldn't find anything and I'm surprised even searching the forums something didn't turn up.
      Is there such thing as a module we can associate to a product/service that links the customer to an external URL when they click on it?    For example, if you have a hosted product that uses the plesk module, they currently click to "open control panel".     I'd like to have a product so they have the option to click and  it goes to AnyURLxxxwhatever.com      Is there such an animal?
      Thanks in advance!  
      Ken
    • By HardSoftCode
      It's the best time of the year to keep up with most talked about season.
      Don't miss our biggest Black Friday deal ever.
      Save 50% on all our products. Use promo code BlackFriday50% at checkout. Now through Thursday, November 30
      Our Products Page Click Here