VATMOSS & EU VAT changes

aegisdesign

Yes, I was thinking about adding this features :) It's not so hard.

Now the point is that I have to find an XLS with all zipcode/tax rates combinations. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Anyway apart from this is it really based on zip codes? Aren't states enough? I mean...

zip2tax.com/Website/Images/States/US-sales-tax-map.png

Edited by Kian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I was thinking about adding this features :) It's not so hard.

Now the point is that I have to find an XLS with all zipcode/tax rates combinations. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

check your PM - i've sent you a link that I think might be useful. :idea:

Anyway apart from this is it really based on zip codes? Aren't states enough? I mean...

it is a weird concept isn't it - we don't have regional taxes like this in the UK... and I assume they're not in Italy either.

WHMCS as is can handle US State taxes - it's getting beyond that point with counties/cities (level 3 tax) within those States that needs adding.

as you say, it's not technically difficult - so it's surprising why WHMCS never added the option. :?:

• 3 weeks later...

During the last 2 weaks I tried to contact multiple companies that provide a service to calculates in real time the VAT rate in US depending on city, street name, zip code etc. Sadly I received no one single answer :| They hate me :( I keep on trying

• 6 months later...
I'm getting mad :mad: Is it possible there's no API service that can be used to retrieve the right tax rate to apply in USA? Is there a database or a .gov website where I can find all these values?

It would be hard for an API service to do this as each US state has different tax rates

look at this http://www.taxrates.com/download-tax-tables/

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to contact them 3 times with no success in different periods and I received no answer :| They have exactly what I'm looking for. I had a plan.

They maintain spreadsheets with tax rate always up to date. They simply have to make them reachable via internet so that I can add in my module an API to send requests to these spreadsheets and get the informations I want. In order to authenticate on their system, WHMCS owner must have an account with them (and pay them as they want: recurring amount, payment per request etc.). Basically they can get clients and money from this meanwhile I can add this feature to my module.

I'll try again next month :neutral:

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to contact them 3 times with no success in different periods and I received no answer :| They have exactly what I'm looking for. I had a plan.

They maintain spreadsheets with tax rate always up to date. They simply have to make them reachable via internet so that I can add in my module an API to send requests to these spreadsheets and get the informations I want. In order to authenticate on their system, WHMCS owner must have an account with them (and pay them as they want: recurring amount, payment per request etc.). Basically they can get clients and money from this meanwhile I can add this feature to my module.

I'll try again next month :neutral:

They already have API, what do you think is missing?

http://taxratesapi.avalara.com/

I noticed it now. Months ago, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time I emailed them receiving no answer, there was not this kind of service. The entire website was a big "contact us". Now I see that there are new pages, integration with Magento, Prestashop and maybe WHMCS even if I don't understand the meaning of the website linked to their WHMCS integration.

I noticed it now. Months ago, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time I emailed them receiving no answer, there was not this kind of service. The entire website was a big "contact us". Now I see that there are new pages, integration with Magento, Prestashop and maybe WHMCS even if I don't understand the meaning of the website linked to their WHMCS integration.

I think their Rate Limit is really low, you may need to contact them about it :D