New gTLDs Whois Server

nimonogi

the first reply from M&M has arrived...

so it's been passed up the chain - i'll let you know if I get any further replies on this.

Hello Brian,

Any word back on the status of .country? I'm seeing that wine.country is unavailable over at enom, but all I can see is "Not Registered" when doing the whois lookup.

Is there perhaps a better way to tie into the eNom API to verify a domains availability, instead of relying on the inaccurate whois information? I've found this to be a problem with several of the lookups over time. I've had to NOT include certain TLD's because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not working are the following.

.BEER (see dark.beer for example)

.COOKING (see spicy.cooking for example)

It seems that this could be fixed if the eNom module for WHMCS would enable searching directly against the API at eNom, instead of using the whois server for verification. This just seems like such an odd way to confirm a domains availability to me.

Hi Tech,

unfortunately, I can't really advise on Enom as i've never used them, so i'm unfamiliar with their API.

i've not heard anything back from M&M for a while, so i'll email them in the morning... though I wouldn't hold out much hope on them fixing their whois.

has anyone registered .BIO through WHMCS? What's the secret?

We got errors bio_agree missing on the two domains we tried to register - in the end I logged into our enom backend and did the registration manually - added them in as an order without sending to the registrar - but boy is that a pain. ... :(

Success, we figured it out!

.scot|whois.scot.coreregistry.net|No results found

that is not the correct entry and will give inaccurate results, e.g domains registered when they are not.

the correct entry is...

.scot|whois.nic.scot|no matching objects found

- - - Updated - - -

.attorney

.lawyer

.nyc

.republican

try...

.attorney|whois.nic.attorney|Domain not found
.lawyer|whois.nic.lawyer|Domain not found
.nyc|whois.nic.nyc|Not found
.republican|whois.nic.republican|Domain not found

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have the following :-

.army

.navy

.airforce

.vet

.healthcare

Thanks in advance

***edit***

These seem to work if anyone needs them

.healthcare|whois.donuts.co|Domain not found

.army|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

.navy|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

.airforce|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

.vet|whois.unitedtld.com|Domain not found

Edited by lance

anyone with a working whois server for .club domain name?

i tried everything on this thread with no luck.

the problem with .club is not the whoisservers.php entry (that's correct) - it's the fact that the .club whois server doesn't always provide an accurate answer... though it will tell you google.club and nic.club are not available.

i've contacted them previously about this, so they are aware of the issue - they just seemingly choose to do nothing about it.

their whois does have the disclaimer...

NOTE: FAILURE TO LOCATE A RECORD IN THE WHOIS DATABASE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THE AVAILABILITY OF A DOMAIN NAME.

to sell .club domains, I think you will need to use an API module solution - e.g., LogicBoxes (Resellerclub/Resell.biz and NEO) or Hexonet - there may be others... if you use either of them, there are free modules available that should allow you to search for .club domains.

I also confirmed this. The problem is their Whois servers. If you go to their own website nic.club and do a whois search it will tell you some domains are available when they are not.

This is extremely sloppy and serious. The ICANN should suspend them until they fix this. They are feeding fake or incorrect data to the Internet. If their Whois servers are providing false results, the ICANN should act on this since I can only imagine allot of people are registering domains which are actually not available for registration.

They are violating ICANN rules with this, 2, 3 and 4:

In summary, registrars are obligated to provide the following customer service related services pursuant to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement:

2. Registrars must timely populate Whois data

3. Registrars must timely submit updated registration information to registries.

4. Registrars must provide public access to Whois data.

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2007-03-06-en

This is the form you should fill:

https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/whois/inaccuracy-form

Which reports that NEUSTAR is violating the ICANN rules as accredited registrar and not in compliance by providing false and inaccurate whois results.

If you contact .club they will do nothing about it, since its probably on purpose as a marketing ploy to get people interested in their premium domains tricking them into thinking they are free, when in reality they registered this before launch. So please, instead report their Whois fake results to the ICANN via the provided form here:

https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/whois/inaccuracy-form

Edited by yggdrasil

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm currently looking for WHOIS server information for WHMCS on the following TLDs, any assistance / pointing to a resourceful place for these would be beneficial:

.accountants
.actor
.army
.attorney
.audio
.bar
.bayern
.beer
.best
.bid
.bio
.blackfriday
.capital
.care
.cash
.ceo
.christmas
.church
.city
.claims
.clinic
.consulting
.cooking
.country
.credit
.creditcard
.dance
.deals
.democrat
.dental
.desi
.digital
.direct
.discount
.domains
.engineering
.exchange
.fail
.finance
.financial
.fishing
.fitness
.fund
.furniture
.global
.gratis
.gripe
.guide
.haus
.healthcare
.hiphop
.horse
.host
.immobilien
.insure
.investments
.jetzt
.juegos
.kaufen
.kiwi
.lawyer
.lease
.life
.limited
.loans
.london
.market
.media
.mortgage
.nagoya
.navy
.nyc
.okinawa
.partners
.photo
.pictures
.place
.plumbing
.press
.pub
.red
.reisen
.republican
.rest
.reviews
.rich
.rocks
.rodeo
.schule
.scot
.soy
.surf
.surgery
.tattoo
.tax
.tokyo
.town
.toys
.trade
.university
.vegas
.vet
.vodka
.voting
.webcam
.website
.wtf
.xyz
.yokohama
.co.com
.idv.tw
.de.com
.law.pro
.med.pro
.cpa.pro
.ru.com
.aaa.pro
.aca.pro
.acct.pro
.eng.pro
.avocat.pro
.bar.pro
.jur.pro
.recht.pro
.pe
.com.pe
.net.pe
.org.pe
.nom.pe
.com.es
.nom.es
.org.es
.ar.com
.jpn.com
.gr.com
.us.org

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone have the server information to add for the following TLDs? Thanks a lot

.click

.trade

.host

.hosting

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, does anyone have the server information to add for the following TLDs? Thanks a lot

.click

.trade

.host

.hosting