.tf|whois.nic.tf|No entries found
.trade|whois.nic.trade|queried object does not exist
.uno|whois.nic.uno|queried object does not exist
.website|whois.nic.website|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.wf|whois.nic.wf|No entries found
.wiki|whois.nic.wiki|DOMAIN NOT FOUND
.ws|whois.worldsite.ws|No match for
.xyz|whois.nic.xyz|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

.login doesn't exist and hasn't even been applied for.

also, remember that some of the above TLDs offer premium domains (.club, .ink, .trade and .wiki do) - so their whois results might not be accurate, e.g they may say available, but you won't be able to register them at their basic price... the whois result won't tell WHMCS whether a domain is premium or not - you can only do that by using an API solution.

There are 100s of new TLDs how much we can trust WHMCS whoisservers.php??? entries

I wouldn't trust it - if you were only offering the popular TLDs to your customers (com/net/org etc), then it's probably fine - but if you want to go beyond that, then it would be unreliable to say the least...

let me give you three interesting statistics - they probably date from last year and the last v5.3 release or early v6 beta, but i'd be amazed if I redid it again today, using the latest v6.2.2 release, whether it would be vastly different...

1. of the 554 entries in the file: 116 were wrong; 298 were different from mine (I assume still worked though) and there were 3 duplicates... the dupes don't necessarily matter from a practical point of view and only the last would be used, but it's an indication of bad record-keeping... also, 20% of the entries not working isn't great... though if memory serves, .cn was wrong at that time, so that might have accounted for 30+ of them.

2. of the 3 registrars I used at that time, I could have sold 638 different TLDs - however, 364 of them were not in the standard whoisservers.php file... how many WHMCS users simply added these TLDs to their domain pricing and didn't even check to see if they were in the file?? how many even wondered why their sales for these TLDs was so low?? :roll:

3. there have been entries in that file that haven't worked for YEARS - the fact that WHMCS have seemingly never noticed is, I suspect, due to them not checking the entries on a regular basis... I would guess that they only update them when a) one of the support/devs notice an error or b) they get a bug report/support ticket about a non-working entry.

sadly, even if they published a fully working list with v6.3, I wouldn't trust them to keep it updated... i'll keep on using my own. :idea:

• 1 month later...
Brian, I believe it's better to give us the way how to find the right code than to write it for any post

it's no secret how to do it - i've posted how previously in this thread (and others) about it... plus it's in the documentation!

• 2 weeks later...
I need the lines for

.ist

.istanbul

you can use...

.ist|whois.nic.ist|NOT FOUND
.istanbul|whois.nic.istanbul|NOT FOUND

and line

.xyz|whois.nic.xyz|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

does not work on our website.

I think the above line is still correct, but the Centralnic whois server appears to be currently unavailable (was yesterday and still is today) and so is not returning any results... the same is occurring for other Centralnic TLDs (.bar, .rest, .website, wiki etc) too.

.online don't work any more with .online|whois.nic.online|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

Any idea?

would you like the good news or the bad news first ? :?:

the good news is that the above entry is still correct and works fine. :)

to demonstrate that, take a look at the WHMCS Admin Demo, go to the WHOIS Lookup Page and search for a .online domain that is available... e.g brian123.online and it should correctly show it as available, try it again with nic.online and that is correctly shown as taken.

now, the Admin Demo is currently using the RC1 release, so it's entry in whoisservers.php will be...

.online|whois.centralnic.com|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

but whois.nic.online is just an alias to whois.centralnic.com - so for this test, they are effectively the same.

I would guess that even if you changed your entry to whois.centralnic.com, it still wouldn't work - if it doesn't, then you should check your other Centralnic TLDs to see if they work (.bar, .rest, .website, wiki, .uk.com etc).

if they don't, then we get to the bad news - I think Centralnic may have blocked your server IP from accessing the whois server.

the same thing happened to us on one of our dev installations and, ironically, it was only by checking the demo that I confirmed the issue was with the IP and not some issue at Centralnic.

if you're a Centralnic reseller, you might want to contact their support to get the IP unblocked... actually even if you're not, you might have to contact them anyway to get the lookup working again... that's what we did and lookups for these TLDs are now working again.

New gTLDs Whois Server

I am having a problem with the .online registrations, when doing a search through whois.centralnic.com it shows as taken. But when doing a search through whmcs it shows as available. Can someone point me in the right direction to getting this solved.

The whois entry is as follows

.online|whois.centralnic.com|DOMAIN NOT FOUND

as per what I said the above post #387, check with Centralnic support to see if your IP is blocked.

that entry is from the latest version of WHMCS, but it's basically the same as the one I use - and it definitely does work. :idea:

if your IP is being blocked, then only Centralnic can resolve the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
.xyz is not working, why?

take a look at the last few posts above - .xyz is a CentralNic TLD and you've possibly had your IP blocked by them for too many whois search requests to their whois server.

normally, i'd suggest trying it on the WHMCS demo, but it's still down - so i've just tried it on a v6.3.1 dev, which uses WHMCS whoisservers.php file and not our custom one, and .xyz is working fine - it's correctly showing 'abc.xyz' as registered and some others as available... but our IPs have been whitelisted by CentralNic.

try searching other CentralNic domains (.online, .space, website, .rent etc) and see if you get the same error - if so, then it's probably CentralNic blocking the IP... if you contact their support, they should be able to tell you whether your IP is blocked or not.

Edited by brian!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...