SiteJet automatically adding itself to the Client Area without any admin interaction

19 minutes ago, Damo said:

There was no mention of this in release notes. It should be an opt-in feature ( feature being a loose term/reference) 

Everything that changes to the client area must be documented, clearly documented. 

Good point. The release notes indicate:

After purchase, clients can access Sitejet Builder directly, without needing to first log in to their hosting account, from within the WHMCS Client Area by clicking Edit with Sitejet Builder. Admins can log in to Sitejet Builder by clicking Log in to Sitejet Builder for the appropriate service in the client's profile's Products/Services tab.

Which, to me, sounds like this occurs only after the customer purchases a SiteJet product or addon that the admin has manually created. Not that everyone with a SiteJet capable panel sees these options.

Thank you. Created 11 years ago. (replied to in 2020, so at least 7 years ago). 
Kind of proves my point about neglect of that system. In 7 years, it received 387 votes (43 per year). Not insignificant, but I've seen other reasonable requests with a lot more votes never see any reaction. 
They stated this one removed password manipulation and that was done for security.
Here's a more recent one ("just" 3 years old) asking for that back, and it's "under consideration":
https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/add-manual-password-reset-back-to-admin?page=3

In that, WHMCS stated "Client Accounts no longer have passwords, authentication is now done via Users."
Go to "add a client" in your WHMCS. In that form, it asks for a password. 

Sorry for taking this off topic. Feel free to go back to the forced implementation of something that will directly compete with those of us selling web design. 

On 5/2/2024 at 6:18 PM, bear said:

Ourselves,  as an example, host the websites we design/create almost exclusively. There will never be a time in the foreseeable future we would want our billing system to advertise a self service web  design type application.

@bear In WHM, go to the package features and edit the Disabled list. Make sure Sitejet is checked there and your customers won't see it in cPanel or WHMCS. We're doing the same thing. Did the Same for that WP squared thing and whatever else they're trying to upsell to users.

Thanks, I've done the same thing each time they've added something like this. My post, however, was about the billing system; WHMCS and how they shove competing services in without an opt in, rather than code hooks and kludges to remove it after the fact.

• WHMCS John changed the title to SiteJet automatically adding itself to the Client Area without any admin interaction
  • 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager
On 5/6/2024 at 12:24 AM, Thais said:

Hello,

How code I need put in a hook to hide the sitejet from dashboard clients?

Tks

Captura de Tela 2024-05-02 às 22.01.48.png

@Thais,

This placeholder image is displayed because you've tested with a non-existent domain which doesn't resolve. In practice this area will show a screenshot of the client's website.

Rather than removing the panel entirely, we welcome your feedback on how you'd like to see it changed?

On 5/10/2024 at 7:56 PM, gei said:

Just upgraded - goodness this is horrible. Who thought this was a good idea? Thanks for the help above with removing this - but why isn't this option present in WHMCS itself?

@gei,

What specifically is horrible about it? What aspects of the Sitejet panels in the client area would you like to see changed and how?

On 5/10/2024 at 10:15 PM, websavers said:

I would have loved a list of all hosted domains under the hosting plan, with the option to start a site with SiteJet next to each of the domains, but offered only when no other apps were yet installed.

@websavers,

Thank you for that constructive feedback, that sounds likes neat idea, I've shared it with the product team!

19 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

@Thais,

This placeholder image is displayed because you've tested with a non-existent domain which doesn't resolve. In practice this area will show a screenshot of the client's website.

Rather than removing the panel entirely, we welcome your feedback on how you'd like to see it changed?

@gei,

What specifically is horrible about it? What aspects of the Sitejet panels in the client area would you like to see changed and how?

@websavers,

Thank you for that constructive feedback, that sounds likes neat idea, I've shared it with the product team!

I'm bewildered that this is even a question. Why would you *forcibly* add this without a option to turn it off? WHMCS is used by thousands of web development companies who want to sell their own development services and not push people to use Sitejet.

Your motivations here are very transparent - it's just like the debacle with the SSL warning icons. You guys are just trying to sell your own services. It's been years since that "feature" was added and after years of requests there is still no way to turn it off.

The answer is simple - stop adding features without giving clients an option to turn them off. Surely this cannot be that difficult of a concept to grasp?

3 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

It should be opt in, John. Always. Don't add things anywhere like this without direct opting in during installation. Show it to the admin (with no hopes of removal there, like the marketplace), and have it not appear anywhere in customer facing pages unless the admin agrees and chooses to. 
Simple.