Enjoy the Price Hike.

sonuyos

25 minutes ago, AALayer said:

As much as i like WHMCS, this was horrible in many ways and has nothing positive besides WHMCS team thinking they will increase their pocket earnings.

I'm not sure if we can really blame the WHMCS team. Except for Matt Pugh, the CEO. Because he certainly knew exactly how the whole thing would end when he sold it.

I can well imagine that some – or even the most – of the WHMCS staff don't like the price hike either. WHMCS has become the toy of WebPros and now they are making money as much as they can. Just like they did it before and just like they will do with Plesk. 

Edited by string

1 minute ago, string said:

I'm not sure if we can really blame the WHMCS team. I can well imagine that some employees don't like it either. WHMCS has become the toy of WebPros and now they are making money as much as they can. Just like they did it before and just like they will do with Plesk. 

I guess if WHMCS doesn't change this price-hike. WHMCS will only be a tool available to the biggest brands that are 'stuck' and find WHMCS the only software for billing and don't have in mind of moving.

For sure. I totally agree. Today is the most beautiful day for WHMCS alternative companies. I think Blesta will emerge as the winner from all the alternatives. 

And well, even if WHMCS lowers prices - which they won't - the trust would be gone and anyone in their right mind would still switch.

14 hours ago, AALayer said:

As much as i like WHMCS, this was horrible in many ways and has nothing positive besides WHMCS team thinking they will increase their pocket earnings.

the most positive spin you can put on the last 24 hours is that someone at WHMCS handled the announcement process very very badly... i'm struggling to think of a worse example of how to announce something like this.

judging by the vast number of emails I received this morning, I think a lot of users have now passed the point of no return and will move on elsewhere - I don't blame them.

btw - I suspect the timing of the announcement might be linked to it being the first day of the UK tax year.... either that, or it was a remarkable coincidence.

14 hours ago, string said:

Because he certainly knew exactly how the whole thing would end when he sold it.

absolutely he knows - either that, or he's a puppet who's not really in charge... can't have it both ways.

it's too late now, but he would have been better served spending less time hiding behind blog posts, and more time reading/posting in this place, and not delegating the responsibility to others who don't have the authority to say boo! and can only reel out the copy&paste corporate sentences.

Sir you increased price a lot and a lot. some indivisual providers can't afford that because maybe their total earning of the month is lower or half of the WHMCS License Price.

i was using WHMCS from many years, but now i think i have to leave it. cPanel Price increased and WHMCS price also increased. nothing is left for us.

Maybe Plesk will also increase price in few months. then nothing will left for us. 

Now i'm thinking to invest some time and create a person billing system and a personal control panel. You providers are thinking you will ask us for 1000$ and we give? No way ! we create our way then when the provider started looting us !

it's not correct to first attract people for lower price and then suddenly increase price.

• 1 month later...

Oh John, such a fragile bloke 🤣 Any critical opinions and he is straight onto "tidying up" I bet that has bugged him for weeks! 

Well  I suppose while the price rises are a thing - this thread cannot reach a conclusion... well until the next ones.. 

I bet he's already sending messages to matt pleading to remove more! 

With regards to prices rises... they are a terrible self appraisal of what the software is worth! The only way it could be worth that is if we got access to staff with knowledge of the product and not just people who have no clue or think "bugs are a normal part of software"

Even with paid support you are going to hit a support department which is downright obstructive, particularly John, who probably sets the "standard" for the others to follow, and outright refusal to accept anything they possibly can as a bug or defect 

John in particular has made the feature request system unusable and refuses to change it, IMHO many of the issues and deficiencies with the product are a direct result of the behaviour of John and the support team combined with an usable feature request system meanign what customers want doesnt get fed back to the developers (although it has to be said many of the issues shouldnt need to be ..,.)

I put in a feature request to overhall the system and for it to be managed by the development team not support - it was never approved and then mysteriously disappeared ....

Edited by MrGettingRatherFrustrated

7 minutes ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

Even with paid support you are going to hit a support department which is downright obstructive, particularly John, who probably sets the "standard" for the others to follow, and outright refusal to accept anything they possibly can as a bug or defect 

John in particular has made the feature request system unusable and refuses to change it, IMHO many of the issues and deficiencies with the product are a direct result of the behaviour of John and the support team combined with an usable feature request system meanign what customers want doesnt get fed back to the developers (although it has to be said many of the issues shouldnt need to be ..,.)

I put in a feature request to overhall the system and for it to be managed by the development team not support - it was never approved and then mysteriously disappeared ....

Yeah, I think Matts blog post said something about better support staff so maybe John is on the chopping block 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Support staff with relevant skills, would offer a lot of value but I have never known them to make these trade offs! It's just a case of finding whoever will work for the least, cause less problems... after that it's purely a seat filler in my experience. 

Realistically, for the help I have had from whmcs directly- you could stand outside a job centre and grab 12 people 😀

The real support was in this community.  And that looks set to end.