Ticket Import Failed on owner tickets

J-B

3 hours ago, bady said:

Making the failed import more visible in the log cannot be the solution. We can't look at the logs every few minutes to see if there is another entry!

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment.

@WHMCS John this is a serious issue and needs to be addressed urgently.

A simple solution would be to add a notice on the dashboard, but even that is a bandaid.  

• 3 weeks later...

I personally feel this issue is even worse than the developers realize. For example, we have emails being blocked because of case sensitivity. How can I add another email address, when it is the SAME email address.

For example: We get an email from joe.smith@mail.com - but, when they reply to the ticket, it shows Joe.Smith@Mail.Com - This is blocked.

This is a huge failure of an update.

• 1 month later...

Just come across this issue ourselves when noticing that a ticket wasn't opened for a client reply, this certainly is a major issue for client replies to go missing and only notice if you check the ticket import log, has there been any progress on a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with above replies. This is a very silly "feature".

We have a lot of customers who are part of a distribution group and then reply from their personal emails (which are then not imported).
As well as the case insensitive issue (example@example.com vs Example@example.com)

Hope to see a quick resolution.

This was a "make or break" issue for us to decide what to use when we moved off Kayako (which we'd manually patched for years).
Finally decided we'd have to get a third party desk again, since we get emails all the time that would break the WHMCS desk as above.

Is it fix in WHMCS 8.2?

I've said it before and I like to repeat myself, this bug is bad for all our business!

The case insensitive issue is really 🤬 and the manually function"Ignore Error & Import" is not working too! We have no chance to import the blocked Mails!

1 hour ago, J-B said:

Is it fix in WHMCS 8.2?

I've said it before and I like to repeat myself, this bug is bad for all our business!

The case insensitive issue is really 🤬 and the manually function"Ignore Error & Import" is not working too! We have no chance to import the blocked Mails!

They only shared with the development team in march -  Only 5 years and 9 months to go and it'll be built into whmcs as a brand new and exciting featue 😛 

It should be a simple fix really for a major issue, you don't necessarily find out about the issue until an angry client gets in touch asking why you've been ignoring them, then you have to blame WHMCS for breaking something that was working fine. 

3 hours ago, volex said:

It should be a simple fix really for a major issue, you don't necessarily find out about the issue until an angry client gets in touch asking why you've been ignoring them, then you have to blame WHMCS for breaking something that was working fine. 

This is the issue, the one that gets ignored. It can often be make or break point by the time they're in touch! 

Our system emails that get sent via whmcs list the issue to help negate that but it still happens 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, J-B said:

Has anyone try WHMCS 8.2 and can tell me if this bug is fixed?

This issue seems to be fixed, but there is a -new- email bug in 8.2.0 wherein if a ticket is assigned to someone and a client replies, the notification only goes to the flagged person and not the whole team. I opened a bug report with them and they confirmed, it's listed as CORE-16853. Doesn't look like it's in the changelog yet but I'd expect it'll be a few weeks until we see 8.2.1.

• 5 weeks later...

This is NOT fixed in 8.2.1 - I missed a support ticket for over a week because the OP was so stupid they didn't include a CC (they didn't know about yet), but when they received my reply, they forwarded to someone who responded from a different email...and that critical reply ended up not being imported. 

Thanks WHMCS another awesome "feature".

2 hours ago, 123host said:

This is NOT fixed in 8.2.1 - I missed a support ticket for over a week because the OP was so stupid they didn't include a CC (they didn't know about yet), but when they received my reply, they forwarded to someone who responded from a different email...and that critical reply ended up not being imported. 

Don't thank them! They'll think they do a good job and raise prices 😛

But yes, between not managing emails, not being able to bill cards.... this huge price rise to cater for improvements is not panning out! 

Hopefully they hire competent devs soon at least the remaining users will get an improvement! 

9 hours ago, 123host said:

Still on 8.1.3 here, and since it's clearly not something they're likely to fix/change if it still does this, we set up a filter that looks for ticket replies (only) and copies them to a mailbox. We check that mailbox frequently, and if we don't also see a ticket response we can add the contents and email recipient in. Pain in the rear, but at least nothing's going missing. 

10 hours ago, bear said:

Still on 8.1.3 here, and since it's clearly not something they're likely to fix/change if it still does this, we set up a filter that looks for ticket replies (only) and copies them to a mailbox. We check that mailbox frequently, and if we don't also see a ticket response we can add the contents and email recipient in. Pain in the rear, but at least nothing's going missing. 

Have a look at this for a stop-gap solution - note the updated version at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

In v8 and above email messages will be added to support tickets under the following conditions:

• The Subject contains the [Ticket ID: xxxx string match.

...and one of the following:
1. The From header matches the Client's account email address
2. The From header matches a Contact's email address for the client account which owns the ticket
3. The From header matches an email address on the ticket's "CC Recipients" list (accessible via the Options tab on the ticket).

If this condition isn't met, then the message will not be imported as it originated from an unknown sender.

To add an exception for that particular ticket, a member of staff can use the "Ignore & Import" button on the Configuration > System Logs > Ticket Mail Import Log page. This will import the message to the ticket and add the sender to the CC Recipients list of the ticket in question.

We hear your feedback that there are situations where it's desirable for an unauthorized person to contribute to a ticket. Therefore in v8.2 we are working on implementing a new feature to:

• Add a notice to a support ticket when a reply matching the Ticket ID is received and it's blocked for any reason
  • Change the ticket status to Customer Reply
  • Provide an interface to review the message from the ticket page and Ignore or Import the message

This will provide admins with notification of any blocked messages directly in the ticket interface and empower you with full control over whether a blocked message is imported.

Attached are  screenshot from an early concept for more insight. The final UX is likely to differ between now and the Release Candidate.

We're interested to hear your feedback on how effectively this would address the situation at hand, and whether any potential extra noise in the ticket system is a worthy compromise?

image (11).pngimage (14).png

Why are you making life so difficult for us? Do it as it was!

We want all mails. We don't even use a spam filter so that we really don't lose any email.

Email is our Business! Or please offer a option to disable this feature (or bug) and allow all emails.

Edited by J-B