Can you limit how many support tickets a customer can have per month?

Every once in a while we get a customer that I guess just likes contacting us and send 50-60 tickets a month, several are the exact same question we have no control over. It's flattering but also border line abuse.

Can we limit this? Not the email tickets but normal where you open the ticket from the account manager.

12 minutes ago, Web Host Pro said:

Can we limit this? Not the email tickets but normal where you open the ticket from the account manager.

there will be no way to do it from settings. - but if for these support departments, the client needs to be logged in to submit a ticket, possibly you could use a ClientAreaPageSubmitTicket to check how many tickets that user has created in the current month and if over x, then a message is display stating some appropriate wording to the user... the obvious workaround for this user would be if they instead then replied to existing tickets to ask the question they can't ask in a new ticket.

MG used to have a ticket limiter addon years ago, but I think it's been renamed to Premium Support Tickets now... that might be an off-the shelf solution you could use, though whether its worth it if it's only the odd user causing this hassle, I don't know.

First off I suggest you to change the "Open Ticket" to attract customer to FAQ, documentation, community and any other Tier 0 (or self-help) channel you have. If you need an example, look at WHMCS approach. It helps a lot! You could also consider to implement Premium (paid) support, Auto-Responders & Auto-Closing.

As for limiting support tickets, of course you can with an action hook. Every time a logged customer visit "Open Ticket" page, you run an hook to count how many tickets he opened during the last X days. If the limit has been reached, replace ticket interface with a beautiful alert that says «Dear customer, st*u. See you next month. Regards»

18 hours ago, Kian said:

First off I suggest you to change the "Open Ticket" to attract customer to FAQ, documentation, community and any other Tier 0 (or self-help) channel you have. If you need an example, look at WHMCS approach. It helps a lot! You could also consider to implement Premium (paid) support, Auto-Responders & Auto-Closing.

As for limiting support tickets, of course you can with an action hook. Every time a logged customer visit "Open Ticket" page, you run an hook to count how many tickets he opened during the last X days. If the limit has been reached, replace ticket interface with a beautiful alert that says «Dear customer, st*u. See you next month. Regards»

This is a very good suggestion. It makes sense to try to help the customer before they reach the stage of submitting a ticket.

With that said I think we have all been in the same boat when before. I have experienced many customer's who end up submitting 10 tickets a day but it generally dies out over time.

26 minutes ago, zomex said:

I have experienced many customer's who end up submitting 10 tickets a day but it generally dies out over time. 

There's should be a bug on my system since they keep doing it after 10 years 🤔 They ask questions that  would perhaps surprise even Schopenhauer.

«Where do I download my invoice?» «You did not send any payment hence there are no invoices to download» «How can I fix that?»

I feel like I'm in The Matrix.

Edited by Kian

1 hour ago, Kian said:

There's should be a bug on my system since they keep doing it after 10 years 🤔 They ask questions that  would perhaps surprise even Schopenhauer.

«Where do I download my invoice?» «You did not send any payment hence there are no invoices to download» «How can I fix that?»

I feel like I'm in The Matrix. 

Oh I see.

I have not experienced those type of irrelevant questions on a large scale. That must be a real pain!