submit reply AND close ticket

cdeese8

Might you know how I can submit a reply to a ticket AND close ticket on same button click with WHMCS 7.4.1 using stock template? Are we going to be making changes in the supportticketsubmit-steptwo.tpl file?

It would be cool to have another button, right next to the submit button, that will "submit and close ticket" in same click. It might even be cool to submit, close and redirect to client area too...

Is this something that would be achieved with a hook? Thanks for response.

16 hours ago, cdeese8 said:

Might you know how I can submit a reply to a ticket AND close ticket on same button click with WHMCS 7.4.1 using stock template?

in the admin area ?

on the ticket reply page, you can choose "Closed" from the statuses dropdown above the existing reply button and when you hit that "Reply" button, it will send the reply AND change the status of the ticket to the one selected in the dropdown (e.g Closed) at the same time.

e86SRDB.png

Specifically in the Client Area as a client, not as admin. But you are right! it's like the feature is already available as an admin. but not as a client.

<div class="pull-right">
  <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary pull-right" name="postreply" id="btnPostReply" value="true">
    <i class="fa fa-reply"></i>
    {$_ADMINLANG.support.reply}
  </button>
  <div class="return-to-ticket-list">
    <label class="checkbox-inline">
      <input type="checkbox" name="returntolist" value="1"{if $returnToList == true} checked{/if} />
      {$_ADMINLANG.support.returnToTicketList}
    </label>
  </div>
</div>

I imagine, the client would log into WHMCS and be able to "reply and close" ticket. Better yet, perhaps "reply close and redirect to clientarea.php". I noticed yesterday after brushing over forums you shared a hook that included a header redirect. That seems magical! May you please help me build a hook that would do this? Or advise on best way to get this desired result?