Payment Problems

Hi,

So i recently updated our system and its gone pear shaped. Firstly the cron wouldnt run, Fixed that.. Now i cant get it to process payments. In the admin area if i open the invoice and click attempt capture i get " An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again. " When i login as the client open their invoice and click pay now it works.

Something is breaking the automation of charging our clients, we havent processed a payment in a about 3 weeks now. I cannot get anymore information out of the site as the where the error is other than there was one.

We are using Worldpay future pay. Is anyone able to help ?

6 hours ago, bear said:

If it's broken, this begs the question as to why these "hotfixes" don't get rolled into updates, if it's not in the latest download/autoupdate.

These hotfixes do get rolled into updates but WHMCS doesn't update too often. Probably because it brings with it frustration of users.

10 hours ago, zomex said:

These hotfixes do get rolled into updates but WHMCS doesn't update too often. Probably because it brings with it frustration of users.

I suspect that what @bear meant is that v7.8.3 should be updated to include these hotfixes (even if they call it v7.8.3.1).

a user updating to v7.8.3 today will have absolutely no idea that it is bugged and will likely require the hotfixes to be applied... they may not notice for weeks and then contact support or post here about their issue.... their not warned during installation (last I checked) and not in the admin area that hotfixes are available for their install.

it's embarrassing that WHMCS let nonsense like this continue year after year - it's a terrible, contemptible way to treat their customers... yet they never learn. 🙄

1 hour ago, brian! said:

I suspect that what @bear meant is that v7.8.3 should be updated to include these hotfixes (even if they call it v7.8.3.1).

a user updating to v7.8.3 today will have absolutely no idea that it is bugged and will likely require the hotfixes to be applied... they may not notice for weeks and then contact support or post here about their issue.... their not warned during installation (last I checked) and not in the admin area that hotfixes are available for their install.

it's embarrassing that WHMCS let nonsense like this continue year after year - it's a terrible, contemptible way to treat their customers... yet they never learn. 🙄

I agree that they should be released as a small update especially with the admin based update option.

But I think they do not release these updates because updates seem to frustrate users and also it probably caused a big spike in their support tickets. Of course this is not a valid reason not to create the update from a user perspective.