Card number is required'

Burti

exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Card number is required' in /home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/Traits/CreditCardDetailsTrait.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/snpx31olat/public_html/includes/ccfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\Adapter\CreditCard->validateRequiredValuesPreSave()
#1 /home/snpx31olat/public_html/creditcard.php(0): updateCCDetails(6108, '', '4506 xxxx xxxx ...', 'xxx', 'xxxxx', '', '', '', '', 'ziraat_BurtiNET', NULL, '', '1095')
#2 {main}

When I try to pay on WHMCS we got this error... WHMCS 7.8.3 - Six Template..

Thanks @John

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Burti,

Which payment gateway are you using please? From that output "ziraat_BurtiNET" looks like a custom gateway name.

The error suggests that the credit card number is not being passed in the module's capture function in the expected way.

In which case, please ensure the module is coded in accordance with our develop documentation and samples at https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/

On 10/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @Burti,

Which payment gateway are you using please? From that output "ziraat_BurtiNET" looks like a custom gateway name.

The error suggests that the credit card number is not being passed in the module's capture function in the expected way.

In which case, please ensure the module is coded in accordance with our develop documentation and samples at https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/

Okay John let me help please. Download original files from github: https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-merchant-gateway and upload on v7.8.3. Do not change any code. And test it. You can see error.

Regards.

First:

Please Delete Encrypted Credit Card Data on system after try it.

Like this: http://prntscr.com/phgoqf

I believe my code is clear and same coding on https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-merchant-gateway . You know me Im developing modules since 2012. I believe a problem on here.

Edited by Burti

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @Burti

Download original files from github: https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-merchant-gateway and upload on v7.8.3. Do not change any code. And test it. You can see error.

I have attempted to replicate this issue, however I am unable to reproduce the described error on my end. Please see my screen recording here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziok7utphkn790l/2019-10-16_18-04-45.MP4?dl=0

The reason this code may have worked in the past but not in 7.8 is that due to the more structured nature of the Pay Methods, the requirements and design schema of module is more strictly adhered to in order to use the correct Pay Method or potentially multiple available options.

11 hours ago, WHMCS SamP said:

Hi @Burti

I have attempted to replicate this issue, however I am unable to reproduce the described error on my end. Please see my screen recording here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziok7utphkn790l/2019-10-16_18-04-45.MP4?dl=0

The reason this code may have worked in the past but not in 7.8 is that due to the more structured nature of the Pay Methods, the requirements and design schema of module is more strictly adhered to in order to use the correct Pay Method or potentially multiple available options.

This module was working before 2 version like 7.8.1. I sent my code on ticket SJQ-717658

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @BurakSen,

We do have a hotfix which addresses a number of payment method issues in 7.8.3 - 

To begin with, can you please apply the hot fix and see if it corrects the problem?

To apply the fix, download the zip file from the link above. Extract the contents and upload to your WHMCS directory overwriting the existing files.

Please take appropriate file/database backups as necessary before applying.

3 hours ago, WHMCS SamP said:

Merhaba @ BurakSen ,

7.8.3'te bir dizi ödeme yöntemi sorununu gideren bir düzeltmemiz var - 

Başlamak için, lütfen düzeltmeyi uygulayıp sorunu çözüp çözmediğine bakabilir misiniz?

Düzeltmeyi uygulamak için zip dosyasını yukarıdaki linkten indirin. İçeriği çıkarın ve mevcut dosyaların üzerine yazarak WHMCS dizininize yükleyin.

Lütfen başvuru yapmadan önce uygun dosya / veritabanı yedeklerini alın.

Hi  again

I've applied this fix before, but it didn't fix my problem

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

I have the same issue with Authorize.net. I added the hotfix but the same.

RuntimeException: Card number is required in /home/xxxx/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/Traits/CreditCardDetailsTrait.php:0
Stack trace:

0 /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/ccfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\Adapter\CreditCard->validateRequiredValuesPreSave()
1 /home/xxxx/public_html/creditcard.php(0): updateCCDetails(124, 'Visa', '123412341234...', '123', '0122', '', '', '', '', ' AND gateway ...', NULL, 'test', '0')

Also from the admin when I try to add credit card I get the message:

you must activate at least one merchant account gateway before adding a credit card. Well it's already activated and has been for years.

But it's activated and working fine before the update. I have a ticket in but no reply today so far about it.

It also does not save the credit card correctly and removes it after 5 minutes.

And when I click add new card it doesn't open the option on the page. I have to wait for it to remove the card on file that did not save correctly to test it again.

I clicked to show on order form (normally this processor is only for customer with established accounts). But now we have the billing method on our cart where do not want it.

1. Any ideas how to force it off the cart but keep it working for existing customers for now until the bug is fixed?

2. Also on the invoice payment when I click use new card, it doesn't open the option to add it. It just shows the radio button for cards on file. I think this is a template issue though.

Edited by Web Host Pro

13 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

1. Any ideas how to force it off the cart but keep it working for existing customers for now until the bug is fixed?

by using a hook to remove specific gateway(s) if the client is not logged in ?

I suppose a user could get around it by registering, logging in and then ordering - but then you're in the realms of checking if a user has previous orders before removing gateways, which shouldn't really be necessary for this situation as only a quick fix is required.

13 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

2. Also on the invoice payment when I click use new card, it doesn't open the option to add it. It just shows the radio button for cards on file. I think this is a template issue though.

switching to Six when you're on the invoice page would confirm whether it's a custom template issue or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

the same issue here:

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.

« Back to Homepage

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

RuntimeException: Card number is required in /home/mydomain/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/Traits/CreditCardDetailsTrait.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/ccfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\Adapter\CreditCard->validateRequiredValuesPreSave()
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/creditcard.php(0): updateCCDetails(7, 'MasterCard', '533952106813637...', '746', '1022', '', '', '0', '', ' AND `gateway` ...', NULL, '', '0')
#2 {main}

I also have already install the Gatewaye issue Bugfix:
https://whmcs.community/files/file/114-payment-gateway-issues-reference-eway-authnet-cim-stripe-2checkout-acceptjs/

But i still get the issue, how we can fix that, we have live running system and need urgently fix this issue.

Edited by TrippleEx

19 hours ago, conexum said:

On the marketplace it indicates that it is compatible.

PayU Marketplace link

Module compatibility is stated by the module developer themselves. In this case I would recommend reaching out to your custom module developer to confirm compatibility and troubleshoot this issue directly. The module developer would have the in-depth knowledge required to troubleshoot their module error.