Hide configurable options on invoice

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The status "Under Consideration" is the default status for new feature requests.  During this time we gather votes and comments on the feature. If we decide to pick up on an idea, it moves through Investigating, Planned, In Progress and finally Completed status.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

This Request has been under Consideration for at least 5 Years, and every now and again it pops up as a "New Request", which puts it in the Same Default new feature request.

The last one I see is: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/configurable-options-on-invoices_1

Only 4 Months back !

I am not that great with code and trying to find where to go to: quote   " you modify either the tblinvoiceitems database table, or the invoice template(s)."  as mentioned in a request post from 2017. 

I am un-keen on editing template files in case I stuff something up and the site breaks ( yeah I know- Back up, Back up Back up!!!)

So 3 years on from that people are still asking for this feature 🙂

Is this going to be implemented OR is there a simple solution NOW!  that I am unaware of?

I have been searching the internet and community but cannot find HOW to (easily ) change it. It does seem a little crazy having your Customers Call you saying they didn't order those services from you, then having to explain that there is a "NO" after the invoice item that they neglected to see.

Help | Suggestions | New Feature  ???

Regards,

Wayne

11 hours ago, Crashtest007 said:

I am not that great with code and trying to find where to go to: quote   " you modify either the tblinvoiceitems database table, or the invoice template(s)."  as mentioned in a request post from 2017. 

I think it would take longer to explain exactly how to do it than it would to actually just do it... I know a few developers, outside of this place, who get a regular income from selling hooks that solve this issue and i'm always reluctant to damage their income by revealing too much about the specifics.

I am un-keen on editing template files in case I stuff something up and the site breaks ( yeah I know- Back up, Back up Back up!!!)

well unless you edit the database with hooks, you would certainly have to edit the pdf template as that can only be altered directly (unless the database source is altered).

Is this going to be implemented OR is there a simple solution NOW!  that I am unaware of?

WHMCS won't give you a time-frame - it's not a feature of the v8 betas, so it's not going to be implemented this year.

i'm unaware of an off-the-shelf solution, but no doubt, Kian will produce one of his trojan hooks at some point for this - i'm surprised he hasn't already. 🙄