Curious product configuration with side effect

michael24

I don´t assume this is a bug, but I bet the following behaviour is widely unknown:

We have a hostingproduct configured for € 0.00 monthly (could not use "free" as we need to offer free domain for that and that is not possible with the free option, but it is possible when set the pricing to zero)

Now a customer made an upgrade to a paid hosting package 1 day after ordering the free one.

Instead of billing €12/anually which is the correct price for the upgrade, the paypal subscription created the following:

Trial 2016-02-03 until 2016-03-02 (28 days): € 0.92

Anually begin 2016-03-02: € 12,--

Client got an invoice of only € 0.92 !

I pulled my hair about where the trial period comes but then it was clear... because he ordered the free product (which was priced at 0.00) for one month, he got a partial invoice for the rest of the old package runtime (28 days) and the rest will be billed after that.

I´am curious if he will be billed €12 - €0.92 (which would be correct, product runtime is one year...)

or maybe the full €12 (as announced in the paypal subscription statement)

At least it is bad that this is announced as "trial period" in the paypal statement (because this implies the right for cancellation)

Michael