Which License and Addons to purchase?

thevanu

Question

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a WHMCS License for selling my products but I am confused with the addons and License type to purchase. i hope you will help me sort out this problem after i explain you my scenario.

I sell different services through different domains offering few similar and dissimilar services in each domain. i use 5 different domains. to sell the and now i want to mange using WHMCS. So my question here is do you offer a license such that i keep my WHMCS in a sixth domain and use it to manage the 5 different domains.

since my selling domains are different i need to customize them differently. So what options will be available to me and addons required for that.

I look forward to hear from you sooner.

one more thing I want my clients to purchase the service from the specific site containing the service.

3 answers to this question

1 whmcs license = 1 website therefore 5 websites = 5 licenses

Unless you put all products and services in one whmcs install and then link your other websites to that one whmcs installition, but you mentioned other wise.

As for the different versions available to purchase, you can make a one time payment (owned license) or pay monthly, you also have the option of Branding free which removes the "powered by whmcs" link on your website.

Hope this helps

there are circumstances where you could run any number of sites and link them to just one whmcs installation - even in your example of having five totally different sites, I think with some template modifications, it might work.

however, I can give you an example where you might have an issue - when attaching a pdf invoice to an email, the pdf can only use one layout - so if you wanted to issue your pdf invoices with different logos etc for different websites, then you wouldn't be able to do with just one installation... it would require you to pay someone to write a modification (i'm not sure it can be done) - or just buy multiple licenses.

of course, the advantage of just one database is that your clients are centrally located and could use just one login for all the sites - but I doubt you could practically have five whmcs installations all using the same database... that could be fraught with problems!