Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

I can understand, but I can also vouch that this forum is nicely done. I thought about integrating IPB, VB, or even Fusion...however I like the ability to maintain all forum info from the admin side.

Maybe a trial of WHMCSBB would be a good thing to offer?

Yes that would be good to offer. It would be good to be able to go through the admin panel etc.

How do you know that WHMCS would have more features if it made one. That is not the focus of WHMCS, to make a forum.

WHMCSBB has a lot of improvements ahead, and I've been talking with Nathan (the designer). It is in continuous development and the support responses have been much faster than WHMCS.

Because they would charge much more for it. They wouldn't bother making a very basic one. Just wouldn't be worth it.

I would gladly pay $100 - $150 for forum module if it had all the basic things needed like SEF URLs, Avatars, Banning options, Moderation, Move Threads/Posts etc esp if was made by WHMCS team (a proper company etc).

I'll leave it for now.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly pay $100 - $150 for forum module if it had all the basic things needed like SEF URLs, Avatars, Banning options, Moderation, Move Threads/Posts etc esp if was made by WHMCS team (a proper company etc).

I know he states these are in the works, and hopefully WHMCSBB will provide a roadmap of upcoming features and expected release. It is a new piece of software, so, time will tell if it can handle the requests for additions. It does lack a good bit of features other Forums have, but again those are in the works.

Moderation is already in place (if you're referring to locking etc). Moving threads is coming with the next version. Avatars are already in place.

Statistics are in place, just trying to make them look nice. The problem is i don't want to have to keep adding to CSS, this updates already going to be quite tricky for people to follow :P.

I'll be giving users a document like I gave you when you installed WHMCSBB.

Edit: I do read this thread whenever it's been updates, I've just said everything I have to say on the matter of the script itself. I'll let the clients and the script talk for itself. Thank you very much to everyone's comments.

C Powel - I'm sorry WHMCSBB isn't what you're looking for it. It'd be interesting to see first version of WHMCS, phpBB etc though.

Edited by FORUMADDON

Nice mod, though I have two ideas for you -

1 - vBulletin Importer

2 - Ability to show selected forums only to clients that have an active service. i.e client only forums.

Best to put these on the creators site WHMCSBB as well for the assurance they see it.

well forumaddon how can you expect someone to drop 70.00 us without giving a trial version to see how it works because i guarantee you wouldnt give a refund if it was not liked the person who bought it now would you ? how about offering some sort of trial time to test and play with it. my thoughts only.

Sorry for the lack of reply, I have been speaking with a member of this forum quite regularly and i'm looking to make a release soon, I just want to make sure its easy to understand how to upgrade (as it's quite a big upgrade in terms of changes).

You shouldn't worry about lack of enthusiasm on our part, we're always looking forward and wish we could devote 24/7 to this project, however, as i'm sure you're aware, main jobs come first. especially in this financial climate.

Expect a release in the next few days which should cover:

- Admin Area (rewritten)

- Following a thread (e-mail notifications)

- Forum statistics

- Improved Forum avatar function (ability to remove avatar)

- About 8 fixes

well forumaddon how can you expect someone to drop 70.00 us without giving a trial version to see how it works because i guarantee you wouldnt give a refund if it was not liked the person who bought it now would you ? how about offering some sort of trial time to test and play with it. my thoughts only.

That is a good idea, i'll set that up and get back to you :)

Sorry for the lack of reply, I have been speaking with a member of this forum quite regularly and i'm looking to make a release soon, I just want to make sure its easy to understand how to upgrade (as it's quite a big upgrade in terms of changes).

You shouldn't worry about lack of enthusiasm on our part, we're always looking forward and wish we could devote 24/7 to this project, however, as i'm sure you're aware, main jobs come first. especially in this financial climate.

Expect a release in the next few days which should cover:

- Admin Area (rewritten)

- Following a thread (e-mail notifications)

- Forum statistics

- Improved Forum avatar function (ability to remove avatar)

- About 8 fixes

What about new post indicators? which isn't too hard to write if you store a timestamp in the database? if a timestamp for that thread doesn't exist for that user or is greater than when the user last viewed - display a new posts icon...

Well, only in this release (coming) are we storing actual forum visits, the whmcs value wont do for last visit as a user may not visit the forums. We dont currently store values for the last visit on a thread but this can be written.

I think in the next version the following will be done (it should be out in a lot less than a month ;)):

- Different forum types, e.g. clients only, link forum (redirects to another page) and admin pages

- Moving of individual threads

- Attachments in posts

Sounds good to me, but i have to agree with what Kinder and others have said, that is the asking pricing of ($70) is far too much for such a basic addon.

The price should be much lower as whmcs members are actually testing the addon for you, giving ideas for features etc. You should lower the price while the addon is in it's early stages. You could always increase the price as more features/bug fixes are added etc.

hi forumaddon, i think your offer for 1 week trial is good, but what do you think about 1 timebombed month? to speak for me .. i have not enough time in one week to work on this, and if i would have one month, maybe i had enough datas inside your module that i never would kick it out again, its a higher chance that i would buy it if i could get 1 month instead 1 week. what you think about?

Why are there no moderators on these forums to keep threads on topic?

Why was no one reporting it (we can't read every post in every thread)? ;)

Cleaned up now, and hopefully back on track. User account issue also cleared up (nothing nefarious there, folks).

A few tips:

• If you don't like that it's encrypted or what have you?
    Don't buy it.
  • Have a complaint about a member or their posts?
    Report them.
  • Feel like taking this wildly off topic again?
    Please don't.

Carry on with the mod thread. :!:

An importer wouldn't be too hard to make, but it all depends on how to handle users. I'm going to assume that your VB and WHMCS are not linked in any way? therefore all users have two loging. If i was to import threads, it would cause a mis-match of ownership of threads/posts.

I will take a look into it though.