Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Question. Had an icon showing(can't remeber if forum.png or .gif) but now can't see it. Seemed to disappear after one of the updates, although the images are still in place.

Also, the page title is now the thread/article title, which breaks my layout.

Has any one else noticed these changes?/were they unintentional?

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Zorro67

The second problem, where the title is the name has always been there.

Also, there was no page icons present in whmcsbb, we will be adding them soon though. If you wish to add them, I can tell you how :)

I added an icon to my image directory with the icon name "forum". (both png & gif)

V1.0 seemed to show the icon ok, which makes me think that you had a piece of code to set the $pageicon == $pagetitle, or similar. (I seem to remember seeing this variable setup somewhere in a custom page template layout "how-to").

I'm fairly sure I hadn't set this in my tpl.

Would you mind checking your orginal v1.0 code to see if there was a variable set? If so, would you mind putting that back into the forum add-on?

thanks

On the title, similar isue. On v1.0 (and I'm happy to be corrected) I think the page title was just forum, without the article name

Edited by Zorro67

I added an icon to my image directory with the icon name "forum". (both png & gif)

V1.0 seemed to show the icon ok, which makes me think that you had a piece of code to set the $pageicon == $pagetitle, or similar. (I seem to remember seeing this variable setup somewhere in a custom page template layout "how-to").

Happy to correct myself. Upon checking a backup, I found that I had set these myself in 1.0 in the php files, and then forgot to add back these changes after the patches.

Its not that you can't protect it. Its called you are a BRAND NEW member, and with an encrypted file that gives you program access to our database, whats to stop you from using that file to transmit ALL our customer and server information to you? We do not know you, and with ONE file you could take over and hack every single persons whmcs.

I am paranoid because my admin area has been accessed TWICE by a worhtless low life $@%^$ hacker, so yes I am paranoid, and no I didn't "speak" for anyone. Just because someone wants to be cautious, and the guy could seem to understand why a lot of people didn't like encrypted files from a brand new member, so I was trying to explain it to him. Sorry y'all can't understand.

but with this guy creating a completely NEW forum account, to hide who he really is, and then his paypal account NOT even existing.?

Unless you learn to trust genuine people your life will not be worth living.

Redhat,

For years my brother-in-law has been chuckling at his friends and family as they purchase/run/update their PC firewall and virus software. He's been claiming that viruses are not as much of a threat as people think, and we're all wasting our time and money dealing with the hole virus thing.

Now, this past week, his home PC was compromised and he's been working day and night trying to get his PC running normally and fully recover many years worth of family photos, his word processor documents and other data. For 2 days in a row he 's been on the phone, for hours, with HP support. He's been super stressed over the whole thing. Now that he's had the big negative experience, he's purchasing Norton Security.

Onwards....

Redhat, once your web server gets compromised, you'll see VicToMeyeZR's comments in a new light. Like VicToMeyeZR, twice I purchased and installed encrypted code which compromised my server and data. One script was a list management script which, unfortunately, store my customer list. (and as a result my paying customers began getting nasty spam--and accusing me of sending it)

.. > Unless you learn to trust genuine people

.. > your life will not be worth living.

Yes I agree, at some point you gotta trust. You gotta trust the surgeon who's gonna put you under the knife. You gotta trust your accountant who will be diving deep into your personal finances. You gotta trust the vendor who created CPanel. But, before trusting these folks, you've checked them out.

However.... VicToMeyeZR was saying (and he's 100% correct) that trusting the forum software vendor (who came from nowhere, has no reputation on this forum, and has no customer referrals) is quite risky.

trish : - )

Edited by Its Trish
typo

ps.....

FORUMADDON, my comments about not trusting someone who's new and has no rep or referrals, was a generalization and wasn't directed at you personally--I'm sure you're an honest vendor, and btw kudos to you for creating such a nifty add-on : - )

I'm happy to hear your opinion, and more than happy for you to post it in the thread considering trust has been brought up quite a few times.

I've said before, I do agree that people may be weary of the code I've produced. In my defense, I could happily sell it through my hosting company but don't wish to tie the two together in terms of customers/clients - I'd rather keep them separate.

If anyone would like any additional information on me or my code, they are more than welcome to probe me. I've got nothing to hide - i'm trying to make some money from my work, not * those people that give me the money.

Plus, if i wanted to compromise people's WHMCS i'd be giving this script away for free ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh sorry about that, I completely missed the e-mail! Should be working now.. A little embarrassing!

I'm sorry that you're worried about our product, is that for any reason impartially? We know we haven't been releasing small bug fixes as before, but thats because we'd rather give people time to make sure they are updating/updated before releasing new bug fixes and features.

Forumaddon...it seems you have a 'License Validation Failed' on your WHMCS Install. Getting a little worried here about your product...

Anyone else having issue suddenly?

Please also be aware that there is currently a spate of Licence Validation Failed issues appearing with users of 4.0.2 more in relation to cron jobs so don't be too hasty to draw conclusions from that.

Please also be aware that there is currently a spate of Licence Validation Failed issues appearing with users of 4.0.2 more in relation to cron jobs so don't be too hasty to draw conclusions from that.

Agreed...but there will always be worry to a small degree.

It's actually quite saddening to be honest that people still believe we're out to hurt you. We're trying to keep everyone happy. We cant accept everyones feature requests, some are too complex for the overall idea of WHMCSBB.

We said from the beginning that we would be adding useful functionality, such as being able to follow threads, statistics and a load of other stuff. Hopefully you'll be able to put your trust in us one day DataHosts :)

I would like to use whmcs forum. I'm not intereted if it isn't at http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php though.

1. We don't know you... you could just drop support or decide not improve the forum using feature requests from whmcs members.

2. The code is encyrtped.

3. The forum is too basic especially for the price your asking for.

As much as i would like to add a whmcs forum to my site I will have to give this one a miss.

I would only use a forum module that is made either by whmcs team or by whmcs member and is added to the community addons area. I know support would always be there then plus the module would be improved etc.

I hope whmcs team make one. They would be crazy not to £££ heh :-)

I would like to use whmcs forum. I'm not intereted if it isn't at http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php though.[/Quote]

Would be nice to have it there, but just because it is not there does not mean it is not a well done script. There are quite a few mods that are not listed, but are well respected mods and designers.

1. We don't know you... you could just drop support or decide not improve the forum using feature requests from whmcs members.[/Quote]

He does not know you either. You could purchase it, attempt to decrypt, and then resale.

2. The code is encyrtped.

So is WHMCS. For all you know Matt could have a backdoor to allow himself access to your server and gain all your client info. However, I am sure you did not make these accusations to WHMCS when you setup a trial or purchased it.

Just to clarify...this is an example of the OP comment and is in now way meant to harm WHMCS with accusations. Just a simple statement on the OP comment to this addon.

3. The forum is too basic especially for the price your asking for.
Then why even mention the above complaints if it is too basic. I will make the same suggestion that is mentioned plenty on this board, and not just by me....If you do not like it then please do not complain about it, and go create this on your own. This developer spent time on this for the use of others. When WHMCS first was released it lacked plenty of features, but a few years later it is (IMO) the best solution on the market for the cause.

As much as i would like to add a whmcs forum to my site I will have to give this one a miss.

Again...why even bother posting the above points stating you would purchase if it was on the Community Addons to then state you would not purchase it...sort of a 180?

I would only use a forum module that is made either by whmcs team or by whmcs member and is added to the community addons area. I know support would always be there then plus the module would be improved etc.

I hope whmcs team make one. They would be crazy not to £££ heh :-)

Why? It will still be encrypted by a developer you do not know and may be more than $50 for the addon. I mean..the license portion is $100, the custom hosting addon is $70, so, what makes you believe Matt will spend time developing this forum, and then sell it for less than $40?

I would prefer the forum to be made by WHMCS as it would have more features and would be in continuous development plus would have the support needed by a trusted company.

Hey, I'm just leaving a little feedback etc. I hope whmcs make a forum module is all.

Edit: If not i will get one integrated instead.

I can understand, but I can also vouch that this forum is nicely done. I thought about integrating IPB, VB, or even Fusion...however I like the ability to maintain all forum info from the admin side.

Maybe a trial of WHMCSBB would be a good thing to offer?

How do you know that WHMCS would have more features if it made one. That is not the focus of WHMCS, to make a forum.

WHMCSBB has a lot of improvements ahead, and I've been talking with Nathan (the designer). It is in continuous development and the support responses have been much faster than WHMCS.