Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

Forum Addon for WHMCS

In the next week or two I will be releasing a WHMCS forum addon. I'm finishing off little things like BBCode and other perks.

I would like to ask you for features that you would like to see.

Make sure you check out the attachments.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Very Interested in this System and will be willing to run tests with you and beta it may even add some extra touches to it contact me via pm or msn john_r@impact-connections.com

i am really looking forward to this as i was just about to start a phpbb3 forum and tackle the task of integration to our template this will be easier by far feel free to message me and ill help with testing and such

Excellent - I'll definitely want to purchase this as long as it works well.

I don't need bells and whistles, don't want VB - just a good, basic functional forum.

My two requests would be:

1. Allow the forum to be read by site visitors who are not logged in. (Posting of course would require login - and hopefully be restricted to account holders - i.e. forum users are account holders in the WHMCS database, not separate as they would be with a third party forum integration.)

2. Use (or at least provide an option for) search engine friendly URLs for good content indexing by the SEs.

I'd be willing to pay more than VB costs for a good forum integrated tightly with WHMCS.

I'm curious why you've never posted before on these forums? Usually current members with a history of posting here put out addons like this - not a first time poster.

Wow, holy sh*t. You are awesome.

The thing is, is the login for the forums your login for the client area?

Like an email or a username.

Also, if someone spam on the forums, does his forums and client area account get suspended?

Yes, your WHMCS login is used to post in the forum, once logged in through WHMCS you are able to post in the forums using your name. I will add a function to ban a user from posting in the forums.

I am Very Interested in this System and will be willing to run tests with you and beta it may even add some extra touches to it contact me via pm or msn john_r@impact-connections.com

i am really looking forward to this as i was just about to start a phpbb3 forum and tackle the task of integration to our template this will be easier by far feel free to message me and ill help with testing and such

I will make sure you message you once the code has been completed to iron out the bugs, thank you for the offer.

will it be incoded?

If you mean will it use WHMCS then use, it uses all user data from WHMCS and adds forum functionality, then you can link to it from where ever.

Excellent - I'll definitely want to purchase this as long as it works well.

I don't need bells and whistles, don't want VB - just a good, basic functional forum.

My two requests would be:

1. Allow the forum to be read by site visitors who are not logged in. (Posting of course would require login - and hopefully be restricted to account holders - i.e. forum users are account holders in the WHMCS database, not separate as they would be with a third party forum integration.)

2. Use (or at least provide an option for) search engine friendly URLs for good content indexing by the SEs.

I'd be willing to pay more than VB costs for a good forum integrated tightly with WHMCS.

I'm curious why you've never posted before on these forums? Usually current members with a history of posting here put out addons like this - not a first time poster.

1. As mentioned above, all user data is provided through WHMCS.

2. I will see what I can do about this one, shouldn't be too hard but would require mod_rewrite.

All users have to start somewhere :)

Couple of Things:

The encoded questions means will you be using ionCube (or similar) to encrypt your source.

RE The users, most mod developers are active users of the WHMCS forums before they begin mod development. Most people just like to see a history of the user before they install mods (espically encoded) ones into their billinng system.

I was planning on encoding it using ionCube, yes, but that would only to stop people stealing the source and making it freely available - I hadn't considered people thinking it could be malicious to be honest.

Perhaps before release I could ask a WHMCS Admin to take a look at the code to make sure it is not malicious, or I could even send it to someone here who knows what they are looking for.

Perhaps before release I could ask a WHMCS Admin to take a look at the code to make sure it is not malicious, or I could even send it to someone here who knows what they are looking for.

I will be the first to say I hate encoded add-ons for the reason of possible hacking, danger, etc...

I am working a few add-ons myself, and encoded what is needed (ironic). So, I thought to myself about this possibility.....your thoughts?

Matt,

How hard would it be for us to send you a copy to test out, and then when all is well ( no bugs, hacks, danger, ete.) you then 'certify' the code is valid and can not hender possible WHMCS users? Again, making it known that WHMCS is not responsible for any damage done to the end user, but that you reviewed the code and found it non-harmful....

Then...I thought of this. What would stop the coder from sending to Matt 1 code, and it being clean. Then before encoding the coder slips in the 'backdoor' and still be 'certified' for the add-on.

----------------------------------------

Again....just something that popped into my head.

Then...I thought of this. What would stop the coder from sending to Matt 1 code, and it being clean. Then before encoding the coder slips in the 'backdoor' and still be 'certified' for the add-on.

There is nothing to stop this and FORUMADDON i don't mean to make your look bad, or say your going to hack us all. I commend you for finding a need and creating something to full that gap. :)

In all honesty, I'm really not liking the way this thread is going, perhaps a discussion should be brought up in another thread in another forum.

When it gets to the point of having it verified by Matt (?), I could give him the code, give him access to my online ionCube encoder account and he could encode them for me.

I'd like to get back on the thread please, with suggestions for features to the program. Thanks!

i want full source code version. just protect with copywrite. nobody would be able to sell it or anything like this. maybe they can just make little changes to fit their website.

i will buy this if they add avatars.

To do that probably would mean altering the user table, I wanted to avoid altering any of the other tables but I suppose there wouldn't be too much harm in adding one or two fields to the user table.

Thing are looking good at the moment. Most of the script is completed, i'm just working on cleaning the code up and finishing touching up the design.

The final script so far will include:

- Object Orientated Code

- Full CSS, Easy to Customize

- RSS Feeds on Forums & Threads

- Posting for users, view threads for Guests

- BB Code

- All forums belong to a Group which are sortable (you can view a certain group only & it's forums)

At this point, I believe everything will be completed within the next 5 days + a few days to test it on a system.

I will be providing a good amount of documentation also, so everything will be easy for the end user.

Let me know if i've missed anything. Cheers!