Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good. I would add a link somewhere for a user to get TO the forums, once logged in. I logged in then had to backtrack to the portal index page to find the "Visit Forums" link.

If this were a free add-on, I'd just plan on adding the link myself. But since it's a commercial, it really should already have it.

Where do you feel this is best placed? There will be a proper link on the index page with an image to conform with the rest of the links. Do you feel a link in the user area would be good as well?

Definitely, and somewhere easy for users to find. Maybe between "Support Tickets" and "Downloads"?

We've been doing some private beta testing over this last week, should be ready for a release later on today. Everything is in place - licences etc. so it's just a matter of packaging it all up and getting it out.

We will only be offering 5 copies to start with, to make sure everyone can install it with the instructions, then we'll take feedback from the instructions and hopefully up the quantity.

It's set at $69.99, but we'll be offering an introductory offer of $49.99 for most people, especially in this thread as you've all been very helpful and patient.

So far I am more than pleased with this. I spent many times working with FusionBB and setting it up. Now this works great as even after the install it lists all the clients and allows me to assign the username. I will just do a little import and bring over the FBB into WHMCSBB and hopefully all will be fine. I recommend this to anyone with WHMCS and looking for a BB. Why pay $$$ for others and then have to integrate when this is 1/5 the cost and integrates from the beginning.

5* in my book as a great addon module

Bought and paid...........well, tried to pay. It appears there is some issue with this payment. They go to The Simple Host, but the email thats attached to the actual payment is a whmcsbb.com address, and goes into an UNLCLAIMED status, and then you can't download the mod.

Not sure how everyone else GOT this mod, but with this guy creating a completely NEW forum account, to hide who he really is, and then his paypal account NOT even existing.?

I bought number 3 from yesterdays sale. This is a great mod. Install is simple. Config is simple. Best of all... it works out of the box first time. Author is obviously on top of things with the rapid response to reported bugs.

Yea, had to wait for payment to be checked. but it's worth it to be sure.

Like many I've struggled to get a community forum going but it never looks right nor feels right with users having to register a second time to participate. I've seen that several suggestions have been made on the WHMCSBB site and have been very well received. As these are implemented. This will be a very hot mod.

The price may be a bit steep to some. But I gotta tell ya. The time spent and frustrations felt trying to integrate something like phpBB, PunBB or the like. Make the price very cheap.

Toodles...

-Roger

I bought number 3 from yesterdays sale. This is a great mod. Install is simple. Config is simple. Best of all... it works out of the box first time. Author is obviously on top of things with the rapid response to reported bugs.

Yea, had to wait for payment to be checked. but it's worth it to be sure.

Like many I've struggled to get a community forum going but it never looks right nor feels right with users having to register a second time to participate. I've seen that several suggestions have been made on the WHMCSBB site and have been very well received. As these are implemented. This will be a very hot mod.

The price may be a bit steep to some. But I gotta tell ya. The time spent and frustrations felt trying to integrate something like phpBB, PunBB or the like. Make the price very cheap.

Toodles...

-Roger

Thank you for your recommendation Roger. I think you may be spot on and am just thinking about it some more, maybe chilling out to see more feedback, but am very interested indeed.

I love the fact that my clients would not need a separate login.

I think the end price once the honeymoon discounts are over may be a little ambitious and that does worry me since, unless there is overall viability for the vendors, I wonder what might happen to support?

Other than that, I am turned on by this and watching closely. ;)

Edited by redrat

We installed this tonight, very easy to install and looks the business. Lacking a few features but well worth the £30 as it's saved me coding our own intergrated forum, which I had penned in todo later in the year.

It's not feature packed, but that's probably what I like most about it. We didn't need all the bells and whistles of vBulletin, just a nice simple to use forum that uses the existing login infrastructure.

Good Product all round.

That's the thing, if we were going to produce a very in-depth product such as Vb, we would have worked on integrating that with WHMCS which would have been a simpler task, but at the end of the day, it would never be as easy to use/integrated as WHMCSBB.

We do intend on releasing a good number of features in the future. These include:

- User Groups

- Online Now

- Different Icons depending on thread (locked/new/old/pinned)

- Friendlier Admin Panel

- Board Statistics

- Forum Rights (e.g. Private Forum's for Admins)

Just to name a few.

Surely welcome redrat. I really do think this mod once it's out of it's infancy stages and has matured a bit with the new suggested features is going to be one of the mods to have for WHMCS.

I know I don't want the headaches of a super complex community forum setup. With complexity comes risk (security). Besides the focus is on our service and product line up. Not the forums. This mod nicely fits the bill I think.

Over the last few months the number of quality mods that have cropped up. Paid and open source. Have sky rocketed. I believe this is the beginning of a major up swing for WHMCS. When 3rd parties start producing for your product. Things start happening fast. I think this will be a very exciting time for WHMCS.

-Roger