Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reviewed the last screen shots of thios add-on, and am intersted in whther this wi;;; follow the normal format of WHMCS product PHP & unencoded tpl file. I was thinking that I would like to use icons that match with my site, as well as being able to add links into to other patts of my site (which I can do in a tpl).

Is this a reasonable request?

Some of the script will be encoded to make sure it's not easily pirateable, and there will be completely unencoded template files so you can change the whole look and feel of it!

I should have a working demo up later today for a release for tomorrow!

Some of the script will be encoded to make sure it's not easily pirateable, and there will be completely unencoded template files so you can change the whole look and feel of it!

I should have a working demo up later today for a release for tomorrow!

Awesome! Looking forward to this.

I think you all took me the wrong way. This is a VERY good idea, and MOD, that I have said many time is needed for WHMCS. I love the idea, and instead of having so many bridges, this is the best solution, and one I was going to do, but just didn't have the time nor energy to get it done. I am glad some one jumped on it.

I am just a little cautious... Nothing against the OP, or anyone that does encrypted mods.

My only recommendation would be a Client add on field for Forum User name instead of using first name last initial.

I've been watching this thread with interest but notice that your new "forum" mod is "powered by WordPress". How are you planning on making a blog platform work as a forum? They're totally different beasts.

Not to be critical, but your "forum" even looks and feels like a blog. So which is it?

And, does the license for WordPress allow for you to adapt it for use like this and, I presume, to then resell it?

Kerry

I've just installed WordPress as a website for now, it's to save time me making a whole new website/cms/design now - i'd rather install WordPress then create a custom website later in development.

Sorry you misunderstood ezyweb, and thanks for clearing it up VicToMeyeZR.

I've just installed WordPress as a website for now, it's to save time me making a whole new website/cms/design now - i'd rather install WordPress then create a custom website later in development.

Sorry you misunderstood ezyweb, and thanks for clearing it up VicToMeyeZR.

Either I had a blonde moment or your post was a bit ambiguous. I'm guessing it was me being blonde!

Looking forward to seeing the forum in action.

That was supposed to be fixed, thanks for bringing that to our attention! It's now fixed.

Also, there is advanced tools such as bold, italic, quoting etc. It just needs to be documented. We are trying to not use JavaScript so we may just list the functions.

This is the list: bold, italic, underlined, urls, colors, images, quotes, code & email