Forum Addon - Fully Interegrated

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It uses the clients first and last name, surely they have to enter this whilst signing up?

So say their name is John Smith, it's set to J. Smith.

I would really make it check WHMCS to see what the admin's setting is to use either the username or email. This is just my opinion though. 8)

I don't personally think it's a very good idea to be using people's e-mail addresses as a name in a public forum to be honest, I wouldn't be too happy to see my e-mail being used as a username on a forum. What are other people's thoughts on this?

Just to note, there is an option for people to use their own usernames, they can set it through the user panel.

I don't personally think it's a very good idea to be using people's e-mail addresses as a name in a public forum to be honest, I wouldn't be too happy to see my e-mail being used as a username on a forum. What are other people's thoughts on this?

Just to note, there is an option for people to use their own usernames, they can set it through the user panel.

Totally agree with this.

I agree, but this is just for a login to access the system, Make it where they have there own display name. Lots of forums do this.

This mod is coming along nicely now. Top work FORUMADDON. : )

Could you make forum for Social Media script from mediascripts.com http://www.mediascripts.com/social/ if you could i would pay a lot more than $69

That Social Media is top and you can integrate other forums with the software but you can't beat having a built-in forum or module (which the script supports). The dev of the script (Nathan) has no plans of making forum. Might want to check it out.

I will put in for WHMCS Trial after the admin panel stuff has been added. icon14.gif

Hi,

Does your forum script support the option to send/receive PM's?

Thanks

I had considered adding that as a function from the off, but to be honest we thought against it. And it hasn't been suggested as of yet to be included as a function. However, if there is a demand for it then we would be happy to implement it in the future.

What we had planned to do in the next feature release was include various types of forum options, such as:

- Forums can be a link, e.g. clicking the forum takes you to open a ticket

- Forums can be assigned permissions, e.g. Public Read/Hidden, Private Admin, Private Users

We had not considered including an option for public posting to be honest due to the amount of spam that would redoubtably get posted. However, i'll take a look into that when coding the next stage of WHMCSBB :)

• 4 weeks later...
How are you finding it? There has been an admin release thats come out since the version you'll be running.

I had trouble with template integration http://www.djpassions.com/hosting/forum.php i couldn't figure out how to get the lines to show between each forum. I'm so used to vBulletin where all you need to do is click here and there to change everything. So easy to change design in vBulletin admin panel.

Your forum is basic but does the job.

Question though... is $49 a one off payment or monthly?

And can I re download new version with extended 7 day trial? No problem if not.

No it's ok. I don't think many would use the forum on my site. So no point me paying around £32 / year if it's not going to be used.

If a forum is requested enough I'll probably just setup a free one.

All the best with the Addon anyway.

P.S how to uninstall it?

Edited by C Powell

No it's ok. I don't think many would use the forum on my site. So no point me paying around £32 / year if it's not going to be used.

If a forum is requested enough I'll probably just setup a free one.

All the best with the Addon anyway.

P.S how to uninstall it?

drop all tables with whmcsbb_ in the DB, and remove all folders/files uploaded