White Label? (not really) Marketgoo

Si

So as a customer I purchase a marketgoo subscription - and find it takes me to a dashboard with this url:  https://whmcs.marketgoo

Is it just me, or is that not defeating the purpose of paying for the removal of WHMCS branding in our WHMCS licence, only to find it appearing elsewhere?

Yea, but at least in vimeo they let you download the video so I uploaded it to my own site and embedded it.

There are more annoyances though with marketgoo.

they limit you auditing your site on the lite version to once per week.

I ordered it to test, acted on a couple of changes it suggested, and clicked on the audit my site button.....but nothing happened.  Other links don't work on it either.  ie optimise pages does absolutely nothing.  So, contacted WHMCS support.  They got confirmation about the once per week audit limitation (and nothing on their site telling you that the buttons weren't faulty).  And it's just a complete piece of crap to be honest.

Not for me until significant changes are made all round.

9 minutes ago, Si said:

ea, but at least in vimeo they let you download the video so I uploaded it to my own site and embedded it.

There are more annoyances though with marketgoo.

they limit you auditing your site on the lite version to once per week.

I ordered it to test, acted on a couple of changes it suggested, and clicked on the audit my site button.....but nothing happened.  Other links don't work on it either.  ie optimise pages does absolutely nothing.  So, contacted WHMCS support.  They got confirmation about the once per week audit limitation (and nothing on their site telling you that the buttons weren't faulty).  And it's just a complete piece of crap to be honest.

Not for me until significant changes are made all round.

Many thanks for your follow-up . their dashboard integrates in somehow with your domain? I mean, if they do what they say, pointing you exact changes to be done, changes in code line for example?

6 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Can I sell this service for website outside of my WHMCS. I mean if a client already has his website and domain and want just buy this service with me?

Sure it will work. You just have to define the concerned domain during purchase.

I am testing PRO subscriptions...Wooo, it point me a lot of things to look at and fix. My first impression is good regarding it... It also compares competitor business. I do not expect this module to make miracle, but it add a value to your website. there is a Score progress, regarding improvements. Also I am learning a lot regarding SEO now with this module, as it do not make job for you, but tells you what to do.👌

• 3 weeks later...

just tested it myself, I can confirm that the optimize pages does not work at all.
You try and add a page, nothing happens.

It also tells me that none of my pages are SEO optimized at all, which is garbage, as they certainly are and I appear on the top page of Google for some keywords.

There is no contact/support option either, so you have to go to the main site to find contact details, not sure if we are supposed to contact them or whmcs for support.

I have contacted marketgoo support.

They told me that the optimise pages is a pro feature.

Yet this is not mentioned anywhere, there is no error, it just doesn't work. and doesn't tell you why, obviously confusing for anyone that uses it.

It also tells you that your pages are not optimised even if they are are, it only cares if you optimised them via marketgoo, so will tell you all your pages are crap with no SEO even if this is not true.

I would say the the LITE plan is pretty much useless as it is now and I would expect to receive complaints from any customers I resold this to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2020 at 6:39 PM, snake said:

I have contacted marketgoo support.

They told me that the optimise pages is a pro feature.

Yet this is not mentioned anywhere, there is no error, it just doesn't work. and doesn't tell you why, obviously confusing for anyone that uses it.

It also tells you that your pages are not optimised even if they are are, it only cares if you optimised them via marketgoo, so will tell you all your pages are crap with no SEO even if this is not true.

I would say the the LITE plan is pretty much useless as it is now and I would expect to receive complaints from any customers I resold this to.

Hi there,

We hear you! We appreciate any kind of feedback as we want to improve this offering, so we are working on this with our product team so it will be easier to distinguish the differences with the product options. Although I must note that our WHMCS knowledgebase explicitly defines the differences between the lite and the PRO version (https://marketplace.whmcs.com/help/connect/kb/marketgoo/using_marketgoo_seo/marketgoo_plans

The main goal is that you would encourage your users to subscribe to PRO and not be limited with getting started with SEO. 

You may also opt to use a marketing strategy to which you can offer additional service like  a Do it for me option to even boost your revenue stream. 

If you have reached out to our support before, we highly recommend to keep in touch if there are any further feedback and issues you may have faced or is facing.

Feel free to reach out to us: support@marketgoo.com

Thanks and keep safe!

11 hours ago, snake said:

end users are never going to be looking at the WHMCS knowledgebase, or even know what WHMCS is.

Totally agree!

We were referring to our Partner resellers in this context 🙂 .  However beyond that, we understand this as something to improve on and we will continue to provide information and materials that will benefit current and future partners. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Team,

I am glad I read this post as we have seen similar issues/concerns whilst testing. 

• I think that if you are going to need PRO to optimise pages, then that should be stated within the control panel.  At the moment, you use the LITE version, click the button and get no response.  It just looks broken.  Very simple change to add some HTML to say - requires PRO to utilise. 
  • The support from MarketGoo needs to improve a little. I sent an email, not even an auto-responder to say that "we got it, back soon" was received.  It was a little unnerving and gives a feeling of no one at the end of the line. (Which will be a problem if you run into an advanced issue). 
  • I accept (and understand) that LITE is meant to push for PRO.  But LITE really needs to add a little more value than it does to make people WANT to move to PRO.  In our testing, we all agree that LITE just makes us want to avoid PRO.  There was just not enough compelling us to upgrade. 
    • We should remark that Weebly and MailChimp does a far better job of making their free and junior versions of the software useful until you need to progress.  There just seems to be value in the FREE product. I know these are different services, but both have been useful in LITE/FREE versions and have compelled an upgrade to obtain more features. 

This product has so much potential, but it's not something we can really offer our customer (in its current form) at this time.  At the very least, LITE should be a free version and  PRO the fully paid,  The current pricing model makes LITE almost obsolete. 

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by sanechoice

I agree with everything stated above.  I absolutely would not want any client to touch the LITE version as it would just annoying them and make them feel like  like they have been ripped off.

When I tried out the LITE version, it simply made me want to avoid the product completely as it seemed completely useless and not worth upgrading.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

More on this white label issue. Why is MarketGoo emailing my client's primary WHMCS email address every month instead of the email address that is entered into MarketGoo under "Settings - Email notifications".  (Manage the email addresses you’d like us to send communications to.)

Plus this direct email from MarketGoo sent to our clients WHMCS address this month both indicate "SEO progress: 0% - do better" despite the more detailed reports showing keyword improvements. One client is totally dismayed after receiving this unsolicited email first from MarketGoo. If the tech contact email address we entered under "Settings - Email notifications" received it perhaps there would be less kickback as the tech contact might understand better what it means.

We need to disable this direct MarketGoo email or have it sent to the "Settings - Email notifications" address otherwise we will probably have to stop reselling the product as it is turning into a headache!

On 1/09/2021 at 8:50 AM, Gort said:

More on this white label issue. Why is MarketGoo emailing my client's primary WHMCS email address every month instead of the email address that is entered into MarketGoo under "Settings - Email notifications".  (Manage the email addresses you’d like us to send communications to.)

Plus this direct email from MarketGoo sent to our clients WHMCS address this month both indicate "SEO progress: 0% - do better" despite the more detailed reports showing keyword improvements. One client is totally dismayed after receiving this unsolicited email first from MarketGoo. If the tech contact email address we entered under "Settings - Email notifications" received it perhaps there would be less kickback as the tech contact might understand better what it means.

We need to disable this direct MarketGoo email or have it sent to the "Settings - Email notifications" address otherwise we will probably have to stop reselling the product as it is turning into a headache!

Hi Gort!

We hear you! Sorry to know this. Is it possible to let us know your account information with WHMCS so we can check this and sort it for you?

We have sent you a message directly. 

Also you can also message us directly @ support@marketgoo.com if in case you need help with us in the future. 

Thanks!

UPDATE: We have taken a quick look at our integration with WHMCS and we saw that there was a temporary issue for users not having the ability to manage Email preferences. We have corrected the issue and it should be available for users moving forward. 

Thanks! Do let us know if there are any other issues or questions!

-Regards,

marketgoo support team