API - AddPayMethod is broken

onehat

Hello.

I want to be able to add pay methods through the API, but the functionality seems to be broken.

I can successfully use AddPayMethod through both the localAPI and also the external API.

$command = 'AddPayMethod';
$data = [
	'clientid' => 490,
	'type' => 'RemoteCreditCard',
	'gateway_name' => 'stripe',
	'card_number' => '4111111111111111',
	'card_expiry' => '0320',
	'set_as_default' => '1',
];

//	{
//		result: "success",
//		clientid: 490,
//		paymethodid: 52
//	}

The pay method then appears in the database in tblpaymethods, albeit with wrong payment_type and no gateway_name.

tblpaymethods.thumb.png.547e763adf27b3b12d10943ae2ffdc90.png

HOWEVER, then calling GetPayMethod retrieves no results:

$command = 'GetPayMethods';
$data = [
	'clientid' => 490,
];

//	{
//		result: "success",
//		clientid: 490,
//		paymethods: [ ]
//	}

And there are no pay methods in the WHMCS dashboard for this client.

dsahboard.png.fe8c844d32c19902a15f688658d07740.png

NOTE: I have tried this with all kinds of permutations of real credit card numbers (rather than the test cc#, shown above), and also using type: 'CrediCard' and no gateway_name. The results are always the same. The API says, result: 'success', and it saves it to the DB table, but GetPayMethods never returns anything, and the actual WHMCS dashboard shows no pay methods for that client. If I manually add a PayMethod via the WHMCS dashboard, then that will appear in the results for GetPayMethods.

How am I supposed to add a PayMethod via API?

Thank you,
Scott

• 11 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, onehat said:

To anyone else who reads this in the future, WHMCS has confirmed to us that this part of the API is broken. They suggested that we open a feature request for the API to support Stripe payments thru the API. Dead end.

We are facing same issue, Did you open feature request?

• 1 month later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

Unfortunately it won't be possible to pass the credit card details to Stripe via the API; this means that the Stripe-hosted Elements forms cannot be used. Sending the card details via the API mean they touch your server, requiring a different Stripe API with increased PCI compliance requirements.

Clients must use the payment forms in the UI to pass the details via the Stripe Element fields.