Invalid positive integer

Hi All,

After upgrading to 7.8.3 all of my Stripe Card Payments are failing with the following error; Could anyone help?

{

"error": {

"code": "parameter_invalid_integer",

"doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/parameter-invalid-integer",

"message": "Invalid positive integer",

"param": "amount",

"type": "invalid_request_error"

}

Whats strange is that the value is a -300 number, so not sure how this got there;

"amount": "-300",

"currency": "gbp",

"payment_method_types": {

"0": "card"

},

I've seen this same "invalid positive integer" error when attempting to check out a zero-value shopping cart, which is something that clients sometimes need to do if we give them a 100% discount code. In that case, it looks like WHMCS is mistakenly trying to use Stripe to collect a zero-value payment when in reality no payment is required.

Cheers Tom, I'm using a Test card against Stripe to checkout but dont think that is the problem, after looking at my invoice there seems to be a hidden negative value populating the total?

Invoice #11

Description Amount
1 Hour Usage £0.99 GBP
Sub Total £0.99 GBP
Credit £0.00 GBP
Total Due £0.99 GBP

Payments to Date: £3.99 GBP
Balance Due: £-3.00 GBP

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

We've been able to reproduce this when paying for orders with a total of 0.00 with an existing Pay Method.

Case MODULE-7155 is open internally with our development team to have this resolved in a future update.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

32 minutes ago, rdomains said:

This needs URGENT resolution, please.

I highly doubt it will happen within the next week.

The issue was reported almost a month ago, multiple people have said it happens to them and WHMCS has confirmed it's a bug... But nothing has happened. I think WHMCS may see this as a non-critical issue, but it really is causing a lot of issues. A lot of the orders that go through our shop are zero-value, and we've had a lot of clients that were worried about something being wrong since they got an error when trying to complete the error.

5 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

addressed in v7.9 before the end of the year

By the end of the year, @WHMCS John?

... That can't be right. We offer a few free products through WHMCS, and are almost daily dealing with tickets from existing customers that can't order these products. This is quite a big problem for us, and I'm guessing we're not the only ones.

We're also seeing this on 0.00 orders, making free domain transfers very difficult.

John, you can't seriously be saying 'by the end of the year' for this, all UK hosts offering free *.uk transfers (most of them) are affected by this!

Edited by twikamltd

12 minutes ago, DennisHermannsen said:

No, I've uploaded everything 3 times now. Two separate installations are both failing.
Are you sure that you're trying to pay using an account that has an existing payment method?

What is the exact criteria to reproduce the issue?

You need to

1. Have an account
2. That account needs to have an existing payment method (not working when you add a new card during order) - I've only tested this with the Stripe payment gateway
3. You need to place a new order and pay with the existing credit card. That will result in "Invalid positive integer" when submitting the order.