Bad ticket CCs when a contact submits an email

sergiosainz

Hi,

We have found an error related to the new CCs feature and email piping.

Context:
- We have a contact with the email contact1@test.com.

Steps to reproduce it:
1) Send an email from contact1@test.com, adding a couple of CCs: something@test.com, hello@test.com.
2) A ticket is opened automatically through email piping.
3) The ticket is assigned to the contact but the CCs look like this: contact1@test.comsomething@test.com,hello@test.com.

Issues:
- The "from" and the first "CC" are concatenated without a comma.
- This prevents answers from being delivered to contact1@test.com.

It does not happen when the email is sent from an email assigned to a client.

Hello @xyzulu I can confirm this bad behavior, perhaps a bug, and hope WHMCS take a look on that on 7.8.3 otherwise we need to wait to 2020 and this is a sensitive issue that can not wait to 2020. I will bring @WHMCS John to make sure they will know about this issue and fix it 😃

After performed several tests with real email, I have same behavior. 

If a contact opens a ticket by email with cc recipient will have that issue and also WHMCS reply on this ticket, it will disappear and none of CC email will receive WHMCS reply. I do not know where that ticket reply goes, because no one will receive reply from admin. 😓 😓

Another thing I found, a contact can open a ticket from their client area, but he can not add any cc recipient, it try will get this error Invalid email address entered. 

My question is contacts are not allowed to add cc recipients? if they could WHMCS should look at it.

I will be perform more tests, but it is enough for WHMCS consider more tests on this.

Edited by zitu4life

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

I've been able to reproduce this, so have opened case CORE-13774 with our development team.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

Thanks again for taking the time to report your findings. We welcome bug reports at https://bugs.whmcs.com/

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, xyzulu said:

Why not just provide the hotfix here on the community?

Personally I think for WHMCS  side would be better just post hotfix here if it is just a  zip file. Can you imagine if lot  of users just start opens a ticket for same request...it is like  WHMCS staff will spend time reply every case while they could be doing more important task. But  I assume there is an reason for that. Happy  that they  provide us a hotfix in   less than 2 weeks.