Module Not Activated

We cannot upgrade at present due to a "missing module" bug we have in 7.8.2 (testing in staging environment).
So going to have to wait and see what happens on Saturday nights billing run !
We have Paypal and Worldpay as fallback if needed but 50% of our clients are on Stripe now.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @JimJ,

If you're referring to a "Module Not Found" error, this isn't a bug, but we are seeing a number of reports of this problem caused by after-market payment gateways.

Check out this help article for help resolving it: https://help.whmcs.com/m/90416/l/1142674-troubleshooting-a-module-not-found-error

2 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

If you're referring to a "Module Not Found" error, this isn't a bug, but we are seeing a number of reports of this problem caused by after-market payment gateways.

Check out this help article for help resolving it: https://help.whmcs.com/m/90416/l/1142674-troubleshooting-a-module-not-found-error

Thanks John but i was not using a 3rd party module, i was and am using WHMCS Stripe integration.
The actual error i get is "Module Not Activated" , slightly different to the other one i assume.
I have turned on module logging and this issue produces no log there.
Stripe is activated in my Payment Gateways config and shows no error there.

7.7 works just fine, its only after a clean upgrade to 7.8.2 that this error shows. 
The error shows with a plain/out the box Six and StandardCart template used as well as one with any customisation.

Any help appreciated.

14 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

Please share the output of this query:

SELECT * FROM `tblpaymentgateways` WHERE `setting` LIKE 'type';

22 worldpayfuturepay type CC 4
  31 stripe type CC 1
  3 paypal type Invoices 2
  20 mailin type Invoices 0

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @JimJ,

Thanks for that. Does that list contain all the payment gateway modules you have listed under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways > All Active Gateways tab?

This error indicates a module is being loaded but doesn't contain the required settings in tblpaymentgateways.

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

Thanks for that. Does that list contain all the payment gateway modules you have listed under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways > All Active Gateways tab?

This error indicates a module is being loaded but doesn't contain the required settings in tblpaymentgateways.

No "Bank Transfer" is missing. 

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

That will be the cause of the error. Version 7.8 has much more complex logic surrounding payment gateways, so has higher data integrity requirements.

Disabling the Bank Transfer gateway and then re-activating it will create the necessary records.

Thanks John but it refuses to deactivate. 
When you click deactivate nothings happens, just returns to the Payment Gateways screen and no yellow confirmation box.
Can i create the missing record in tblpaymethods? I can't find any related tables, tblhosting just has text "banktransfer" in the paymentmethod, doesn't appear to tie to any unique IDs.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

That will be the cause of the error. Version 7.8 has much more complex logic surrounding payment gateways, so has higher data integrity requirements.

Disabling the Bank Transfer gateway and then re-activating it will create the necessary records.

Can i trust the record i manually added to fix the issue is safe then John?
Just need to ensure its not going to break anything else as we will go live with the 7.8.2  update with the added record if you can assure me its a valid solution?