JimJ

Module Not Activated

We cannot upgrade at present due to a "missing module" bug we have in 7.8.2 (testing in staging environment).
So going to have to wait and see what happens on Saturday nights billing run !
We have Paypal and Worldpay as fallback if needed but 50% of our clients are on Stripe now.

2 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

If you're referring to a "Module Not Found" error, this isn't a bug, but we are seeing a number of reports of this problem caused by after-market payment gateways.

Check out this help article for help resolving it: https://help.whmcs.com/m/90416/l/1142674-troubleshooting-a-module-not-found-error

Thanks John but i was not using a 3rd party module, i was and am using WHMCS Stripe integration.
The actual error i get is "Module Not Activated" , slightly different to the other one i assume.
I have turned on module logging and this issue produces no log there.
Stripe is activated in my Payment Gateways config and shows no error there.

7.7 works just fine, its only after a clean upgrade to 7.8.2 that this error shows. 
The error shows with a plain/out the box Six and StandardCart template used as well as one with any customisation.

Any help appreciated.

2 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Where do you encounter the "Module Not Activated" error please?

cart.php?a=view

14 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

Please share the output of this query:

SELECT * FROM `tblpaymentgateways` WHERE `setting` LIKE 'type';

22 worldpayfuturepay type CC 4
  31 stripe type CC 1
  3 paypal type Invoices 2
  20 mailin type Invoices 0

Hi @JimJ,

Thanks for that. Does that list contain all the payment gateway modules you have listed under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways > All Active Gateways tab?

This error indicates a module is being loaded but doesn't contain the required settings in tblpaymentgateways.

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

Thanks for that. Does that list contain all the payment gateway modules you have listed under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways > All Active Gateways tab?

This error indicates a module is being loaded but doesn't contain the required settings in tblpaymentgateways.

No "Bank Transfer" is missing. 

Hi @JimJ,

That will be the cause of the error. Version 7.8 has much more complex logic surrounding payment gateways, so has higher data integrity requirements.

Disabling the Bank Transfer gateway and then re-activating it will create the necessary records.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

That will be the cause of the error. Version 7.8 has much more complex logic surrounding payment gateways, so has higher data integrity requirements.

Disabling the Bank Transfer gateway and then re-activating it will create the necessary records.

Thanks John but it refuses to deactivate. 
When you click deactivate nothings happens, just returns to the Payment Gateways screen and no yellow confirmation box.
Can i create the missing record in tblpaymethods? I can't find any related tables, tblhosting just has text "banktransfer" in the paymentmethod, doesn't appear to tie to any unique IDs.

Never mind i have fixed it by adding this record to tblpaymentgateways:

ID - Gateway - Setting - Value - Order
43 - banktransfer - type - Invoices - 3

I assume that will not cause any issues with anything else related to this?

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JimJ,

Can i trust the record i manually added to fix the issue is safe then John?
Just need to ensure its not going to break anything else as we will go live with the 7.8.2  update with the added record if you can assure me its a valid solution? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WevrLabs
      Hi everyone!
      Since I spend most of my time during the day on the WHMCS admin dashboard, answering tickets, activating services, following up with stuff, etc. I wanted to keep eye strain to a minimum, so I recently created this CSS file to turn our admin area into a dark look and feel.

-------

Today, I'd like to share with you steps to achieve that.
      The file is compatible with Blend theme of v7.9.2 of WHMCS, I haven't tested it on the other versions yet.
      The process is pretty simple and straightforward  IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS to your Blend theme already.
      So just download the attached file (blend-dark.zip) and extract it anywhere in your computer.

Next, open the folder and then the "images" folder to locate the (logo-dark.psd) file to edit it by placing your own logo there. Then save it as "logo-dark.gif" replacing the already existing file.

Now you should end up with a file tree like this ...
      blend |__ css | |__ admin-dark.css | | |__ images | |__ logo-dark.gif | |__ logo-dark.psd | |__ header.tpl  
      Now back top and compress your "blend" folder ... Name it something memorable, like "blend-2222.zip" in this example.

Next navigate to the "admin" folder inside your WHMCS installation, and open the "templates" folder (based on your customizations, the "admin" folder name may differ, so this here presumes the default setting).
      /path/to/whmcs/admin/templates/  
      Next make sure to ZIP and backup your current Blend theme folder (name it something like "blend-original.zip).

Next, upload the "blend-2222.zip" you compressed earlier to the "templates" folder and unzip it, and you should be all set and ready!

If you have any notes or additions, please feel free to add!
      Also, any mistakes or errors are unintentional, please feel free to share and highlight them.
      Wishing everyone a good day!
      - Mohamed

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      If we goo to to reports menu and trying to (simulate printing reports)...
      Reports»annual income report»on tools bellow help link
      we can view Printable version, so if we click on that it will open a version to click but...

at the end of page will be there an option to Close Windows, and that close windows never works. Some one can try and confirm that problem is not in my side, but on WHMCS code.

In all reports that button do not work!

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      I have saw out there that   is possible to add Favicon on client area and also there is  whmcs doc for that but admin Favicon   there is   no documentation, also there is no thread   on this community   explain how to do that.
      I have search on google and find on Brazilian website this hook, I did not give it a try yet. So   I can assume   a hook could   be used to add favicon on  WHMCS admin.
      // Favicon in admin panel add_hook('AdminAreaHeadOutput', 1, function($vars) { $gofas_admin_favicon = array(); $gofas_admin_favicon['gofas_admin_favicon'] = '<link rel="icon" href="https://www.example.com/favicon-mini-32x32.png" sizes="32x32" /> <link rel="icon" href="https://www.example.com/favicon-medium-192x192.png" sizes="192x192" /> <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="https://www.example.com/favicon-large-300x300.png" /> <meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="https://www.example.com/favicon-large-300x300.png" />'; return $gofas_admin_favicon['gofas_admin_favicon']; }); There is any   improved way to add favicon now a days?
      Sometimes I have a lot of pages opened, so favicon really helps  identifying my own website easily and  also   having favicon   makes websites more friendly 😉

• By jiamila
      Upgrade version to 7.8, the End User License Agreement is displayed after logging in to the background.
      Interface, click Accept and then jump back to the page. The routing mode has been adjusted to basic. Is there any solution?
    • By akarweb
      Hi,
      Before 7.8 update i have no smtp problem all the mail sent and good. there is no problem. But i upgrade 7.8 and smtp not work. All the time say ehlo, helo connection smtp not connected.
      Please help us.
      Thanks.