Tom Catchesides

Stripe statement descriptor not being set with 7.8.2

I submitted a support ticket about this a couple of hours ago but am hoping that someone might be able to answer this more quickly here.

We upgraded to WHMCS 7.8.2 at the weekend to ensure compliance with SCA via WHMCS's own Stripe gateway. Since then, the statement descriptors on our customers' bank statements read "FALSE" for regular subscription payments. I'm obviously concerned that this is going to lead to unnecessary chargebacks. 

We haven't changed any settings at the Stripe end and have a default statement descriptor set on there. In WHMCS, the statement descriptor is set to "{CompanyName}" and our company name field is set.

Has anyone else seen this problem with WHMCS 7.8 and Stripe? Does anyone have any ideas for workarounds?

I reported a similar issue on the thread above which is being investigated.

My issue was the description within my Stripe account showing the transaction ID rather than the invoice number used by WHMCS.

I wasn't aware/I don't think it's been reported of showing false on clients statements. If this is another bug it is much more serious.

1 hour ago, zomex said:

My issue was the description within my Stripe account showing the transaction ID rather than the invoice number used by WHMCS.

The description in Stripe is fine for us. It's the statement descriptor that's a serious problem. I've attached screenshots of what I see in our Stripe dashboard for a charge made this week compared to one made last month with WHMCS 7.6.

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 14.49.35.png

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 14.49.29.png