Daily billing issues

xyzulu

I've opened a ticket.. however I wanted to post here as well.

When my first daily cron ran today, an invoice was successfully charged but the invoice was not marked as paid and not sent to the customer. I use the inbuilt stripe gateway and no changes were made on my end since the upgrade.  The transaction shows in the gateway log, but not the transaction list. The invoice does list the transaction as well, but the invoice is marked as unpaid still.

Side point, it's like the daily process did not complete properly as no cron email was sent to the admin either and the billing stats on the dashboard so todays income as $0

In the system health I see: 

System Cron Tasks

The system cron does not appear to have completed successfully within the last 24 hours. Check your activity logs or learn more about enabling the cron in our documentation.

.. this despite the cron running successfully every 5 mins. I've even run it manually via the cli with -v and no tasks are pending/queued.

I've included this in ticket #ANR-898319

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by xyzulu
added information

Same problem here.

After upgrading to 7.8.0, the Cron has not completed with it's daily e-mail, and only one automatic credit card capture has been attempted by the system. The one capture is only listed as a transaction on the invoice itself, but the invoice is still showing as unpaid. And the transaction did not count towards todays income, nor does it show up in the transaction list.

New orders using Stripe is working as normal. Hoping there is a quick fix for this really soon.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

We have received several reports of the following error when attempting capture on remote token credit cards:

Error: Call to a member function isCreditCard() on null in /path/to/whmcs/includes/ccfunctions.php:0

This is currently being investigated as a priority. Updates will be provided once more information is available.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

We have identified the cause of the issue and have opened case CORE-13678 with our development team to resolve the problem as a priority.

As an immediate workaround, visiting a customer's Client Summary screen (or have customers login one time) will trigger the card details migration over to pay methods for that client. Repeat the process for each client with a stored token or credit card to resolve the error.

For 24hr support, it took WHMCS quite a long time to acknowledge this issue. Their rely to my ticket finally acknowledging this issue was only made a few mins ago.. I opened a ticket with them about 20 hrs ago.

The initial ticket rely was dismissive and asked me to provide further details. I've linked them to this post.. perhaps there will be a bit more cohesiveness on this issue now.. we'll see.

Edited by xyzulu
Clarification

13 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

As an immediate workaround, visiting a customer's Client Summary screen (or have customers login one time) will trigger the card details migration over to pay methods for that client. Repeat the process for each client with a stored token or credit card to resolve the error.

As you can see from my other ticket (unable to delete credit card) this migration process in 7.8 just created multiple blank cards under the user whose profile I'd visit... I'm been unable to delete the cards from the user after this.

The tech told me the issue was a custom admin template (which I don't use). If you do care.. I'm not sure your workaround works.. especially if you visit the profile of a customer who has no card on file.. then they will have a blank undeletable card.. or 4 as I ended up with.

Edited by xyzulu

No, the cron did not complete and there was 0 credit card captures. So it seems it did NOT solve our issue.

No WHMCS Cron Job Activity e-mail since thursday from our system, and todays Automation Status report:

Credit Card Charges

0Captured

Furthermore, after upgrading to 7.8.0 (and applying the hotfix), I have seen 0 Fixed Term Terminations, 0 Overdue Terminations, 0 Overdue Suspensions and 0 Invoice & Overdue Reminders. So it seems like it's more than just a credit card capture issue.

The only thing the cron job does (apparently) is Generating new invoices, syncing domain expire date and Domain Transfer Status Synchronisation.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Pleased to hear things are now working again for all of you. We always hope to catch issues like this during pre-production but unfortunately we did not this time. Sorry for any disruption it caused.

For others reading this thread, there were 2 issues that affected the cron running that were resolved in 7.8.1 - one that affected users of tokenisation modules such as Stripe where charges were attempted for customers whose card details were stored using legacy storage methods, and one where the register_argc_argv php directive was disabled within the PHP environment (note that this is always enabled by default).

If you have upgraded to 7.8.1 and continue to experience problems, please let us know.

-Ed