Free Trial License Required for developing WHMCS Template for my Hosting Website

hostcupid

Question

16 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Kian said:

Open a ticket and request the Dev license (you need to have an active Leased/Owned license). It is also possible to purchase additional Dev licenses for 45 $ each.

Hi, i have a valid WHMCS license which has been given by my main hosting partner. I dont have WHMCS purchased directly from WHMCS Website.

10 hours ago, hostcupid said:

I understand, WHMCS has an option of getting Trial license for some stipulated days. If that is still available, kindly do let me know how to proceed for the same.

I suppose if you only need it for a month or less, you could pay for a monthly starter license @ $16 and, before the end of the month, apply for a refund under the 30-day money-back guarantee... but I suspect that you'd only be able to do it once!

Get a developer license! I have a monthly license and have a dev license as well since I develop stuff! It’s amazing to have. I also have the licensing addon and that is also attached to the dev license so I can test the licensing aspect before going live

4 hours ago, mfoland said:

Get a developer license!

chicken meet egg. 🐔🤝🥚

in order to get a dev license, you need to already have an active owned/leased license - so getting a dev license wouldn't help the OP in his situation as they would have to buy a full license first - and if they only want it for a few days anyway... 🕞

On 5/28/2019 at 9:19 AM, brian! said:

chicken meet egg. 🐔🤝🥚

in order to get a dev license, you need to already have an active owned/leased license - so getting a dev license wouldn't help the OP in his situation as they would have to buy a full license first - and if they only want it for a few days anyway... 🕞

If you have a license from a reseller, as seems to be the case here, we can still offer a paid development license for a one-time fee of $45.00 (as of this writing).

@hostcupidFeel free to reach out to the Customer Service or Licensing teams to inquire on a paid development license.

2 minutes ago, WHMCS NickH said:

If you have a license from a reseller, as seems to be the case here, we can still offer a paid development license for a one-time fee of $45.00 (as of this writing).

huh? OP doesn't mention having a license from a reseller... and i've got zero interest in buying a development license from WHMCS. headshake.gif

Just now, brian! said:

huh? OP doesn't mention having a license from a reseller... and i've got zero interest in buying a development license from WHMCS. headshake.gif

He mentioned in his 2nd post that he has a valid license. If he contacts us we can work with him to see if he's eligible for a development license 🙂

Hi, Thank you all for your replies and sorry for not responding for your answer a while. My requirement has been changed and i have come to a final solution. Planning to Purchase a Dedicated Server of my Own, Would like to host WHMCS from my domain and i shall be the reseller for my clients. 

1. Looking for a Cost Effective WHMCS license for my hosting business. (P.S: Looking for Cost Effective Please)
2. Looking for WHMAMP license as well for creating Alpha and Master Reseller accounts.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:49 AM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

There are a couple of options, some Hosting Providers (including dedicated server providers) may provide a WHMCS License, I'd recommend  checking with them or you can start with a license from us https://www.whmcs.com/pricing you can start on the Starter tier and upgrade to Plus or another tier at any time

You really should offer DEV licenses for free, why would anyone PAY to develop the stuff you don't ?? Start thinking about the users of your software instead of profit profit profit. Charging for a dev license is retarded, and is keeping developers from making stuff for YOU guys!

1 hour ago, lulzkiller said:

You really should offer DEV licenses for free, why would anyone PAY to develop the stuff you don't ?? Start thinking about the users of your software instead of profit profit profit. Charging for a dev license is retarded, and is keeping developers from making stuff for YOU guys!

Unless people are already making themes and have a agreement I can't see them deciding whmcs is the platform to develop for. 

From my point of view, the smaller hosts will move/sell and that's probably 90% of sales for theme and module sellers obviously many will stay and pay for support/updates of a theme but again that's not a cost effective business model for theme sellers as the money just isn't there for it anymore for them to pay for 1000 users many of whom didn't expect a drastic price jump with customers they don't charge ongoing fees for! 

As a customer of whmcs - I'm free to move as my business isn't dependent upon them, if I was developing modules or themes I'd be really annoyed! Although I've seen a few ported to alternatives with a licencing manager! 

11 hours ago, hostcupid said:

1. Looking for a Cost Effective WHMCS license for my hosting business. (P.S: Looking for Cost Effective Please)

There are a couple of options, some Hosting Providers (including dedicated server providers) may provide a WHMCS License, I'd recommend  checking with them or you can start with a license from us https://www.whmcs.com/pricing you can start on the Starter tier and upgrade to Plus or another tier at any time