How to Add the PayPal Direct Payment with Email

PayPal Direct Payment Transaction

Hi Guys. I recently received a PayPal payment through a direct payment on PayPal by a client but I would like to record the transaction to my WHMCS system to manage the business transactions all in one place.

Do you have an Idea on how to do this or can you recommend some steps to fulfill this scenario?

Managing Gateway Fees

Another thing...

Can you recommend me how to manage the billing and invoices when receiving a payment from a client and less the gateway fees on WHMCS?

It's so confusing that WHMCS is recording the actual invoice amount when on my actual merchant account (i.e. PayPal) is less for gateway fees of what was invoiced.

Please enlighten me. Thanks further...

4 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

It's so confusing that WHMCS is recording the actual invoice amount when on my actual merchant account (i.e. PayPal) is less for gateway fees of what was invoiced. 

from the invoices page, go to the specific invoice you want to add the transaction to and click the "Add Payment" tab...

jvhdVG0.png

enter the full amount of the invoice, e.g $25.00; enter the PayPal transaction fees (e.g $1.05) and optionally enter the PayPal transaction ID (copy & paste from email/website) and tick the "Add Payment" button - if the "Send Email" checkbox is ticked, it will also send a Payment Confirmation email to the client.

@brian! is correct, it depends on the gateway it self as well as the gateway module.  IIRC the built-in paypal module does do automatic transaction fee adding when clients pay manually via the client area or via subscriptions.  I no longer use that module but instead MyWorks paypal module, which also does the transaction fee.   Personally, I have paypal set to block direct payments so that clients have to use the client area so the payment is recorded automatically.   Other merchants accounts, like authorize.net, where the fees are taken out later on wont show the transaction fee because they don't return that fee in the API call to them and for at least authorize.net you have them and then the merchant account provider that takes out their fees. (which is another reason why i moved to Stripe)

8 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

WHMCS is recording what the client pays.  To get your actual "net income" you would use the monthly transactions report which will show the gross income, the fees, any expenses (amount out), and then the net income from that.  That value should reflect what you actually get from paypal. 

41 minutes ago, brian! said:

I think it depends on the Gateway used... run the Transactions report, and that should tell you whether fees are being deducted for each payment...

Oh, this resolved my wonder. Thank you very much @brian! @steven99

Actually, I am using a module too to additionally top any chargebacks for wire transfers or anything else...