Domain sync cron

Hi,

I just want to confirm that it would be good practice to delete the cpanel cron job which syncs the domains after upgrading to WHMCS 7.6, as the changlog mentions that 7.6 already looks after thr cron job. At the momment the domain snyc cron job is running every 4 hours.

Regards,

Gary                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Edited by graisbeck

Thanks for the information. So, the new Domain Sync settings are set to run every 4 hours by default, which in turn sends out an email to admins. Would it be best to change it to something different, like every other day? What do people recommend?

Edited by graisbeck

33 minutes ago, graisbeck said:

Thanks for the information. So, the new Domain Sync settings are set to run every 4 hours by default, which in turn sends out an email to admins. Would it be best to change it to something different, like every other day? What do people recommend?

Disable ( http://prntscr.com/ke97qj ) "Domain Sync Enabled" setting under Setup > Automation Settings and it should resolve this for you going forward.

edvancombr, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that mean the domains would no longer be synced with the registrars anymore?

Just to add to this; I've gone to try and make a purchase on my site and I get a 404 error when trying to checkout. This did not happen before upgrading to 7.6!

1 minute ago, graisbeck said:

edvancombr, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that mean the domains would no longer be synced with the registrars anymore?

Just to add to this; I've gone to try and make a purchase on my site and I get a 404 error when trying to checkout. This did not happen before upgrading to 7.6!

From what I know and understand by unchecking the option, email notifications will be suspended.

16 minutes ago, graisbeck said:

possibly because you're still using the "Modern" and I think there's an issue in v7.6 with MarketConnect adding promo banners at the viewcart stage - they can cause Modern to have a fit, but standard_cart can handle without issue... switching to standard_cart might be a short-term fix for now as Modern hasn't really been updated in years... or disable the cart/checkout promo settings in MarketConnect.

32 minutes ago, graisbeck said:

i'd agree that if you untick the box, then the feature doesn't run - so it would stop the notifications, but only because there would be nothing to notify you about (as no syncing was taking place).

21 minutes ago, graisbeck said:

Did you look at the sync issue above?

i'd go along with @WHMCS Marcus and say that four hours should be fine for most users... remember that you're only syncing 50 domains per cron, so if it's running every 4 hours, that's 300 domains per day.. if you run it every hour, that's 1,200 per day... so the desired frequency depends on how many total domains you need to sync.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

i'd agree that if you untick the box, then the feature doesn't run - so it would stop the notifications, but only because there would be nothing to notify you about (as no syncing was taking place).

i'd go along with @WHMCS Marcus and say that four hours should be fine for most users... remember that you're only syncing 50 domains per cron, so if it's running every 4 hours, that's 300 domains per day.. if you run it every hour, that's 1,200 per day... so the desired frequency depends on how many total domains you need to sync.

Thanks for the explanation brian!, I have under 50 domains at present, so I'll set it to run once per day.

Edited by graisbeck

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Rangka Kacang,

Personally I prefer to filter the emails on my mail server into a folder. That way the emails can be reviewed from time-to-time for any errors.

We welcome suggests for new features on our dedicated feature requests website at http://requests.whmcs.com
I had a search and it looks like such an idea has yet to be suggested for scrutiny by other WHMCS users. Feel free to suggest this as a new idea for comment and voting.

The more votes an idea receives, the more likely it is to be considered by our development team for potential inclusion in a future feature update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/08/2018 at 5:36 PM, Rangka Kacang said:

I keep getting this "Domain Sync Cron Emails" every 4 hours after updating to 7.6 and this is annoying. Or at least try to combine it with the "WHMCS Cron Job Activity" email or something? There should be a feature where email should only sent out if an error is found... I mean, let's say I handle 10 billing platforms using the same email address and I'm receiving all these emails every 4 hours... in 1 day, I get about 60 email notifications...

This question was asked in 2013 (5 years ago) and it's still happening now. I mean like, are they even listening to their customers?

Until this is made into a feature, you can simulate this by setting a content filter in your email client / webmail backend:

IF
Subject (contains) "WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Report"
AND
Body (does not contain) "status changed" OR "expiry date updated"
DELETE MESSAGE