Issue when trying to register domain name

Hi there,

I am using WHMCS for 6 months now, but there's one bug I'm not able to fix. When I try to register a domain name at example.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&query=domain.nl I get the message Congratulations! domain.nl is available!, but in my spotlight TLD's it says that that domain is unavailable. Sometimes it's turned around, I get the message domain.nl is unavailable but then my spotlight TLD says I can add it to my cart. This only happens when I'm trying to register a domain name that is not registered yet. You can see it for yourself below:

example1.png

Does anyone experience the same issue or does anybody know how to fix this bug?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Dorus

example2.png

Hi Dorus,

are you using Standard Whois for your lookups and does this only occur for .nl domains?

i'm wondering if somewhere between WHMCS doing the initial .nl lookup, and doing the secondary .nl lookup for the spotlight box, whether it's hitting a whois lookup limit for .nl (which if memory serves is 15 per day)...

Which domain registrar and version of WHMCS are you running?

It may be worth testing another WHMCS cart template to see if it resolves the issue.

I'm using WHMCS 7.1.2 and the standard cart. When I use another cart template, the problem still exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dorus,

are you using Standard Whois for your lookups and does this only occur for .nl domains?

i'm wondering if somewhere between WHMCS doing the initial .nl lookup, and doing the secondary .nl lookup for the spotlight box, whether it's hitting a whois lookup limit for .nl (which if memory serves is 15 per day)...

It doesn't matter which Whois I use for looking up those domains. I have tested all of them already. Yes this only occurs for .nl domains, all of my other spotlight TLD's function like they should...

It doesn't matter which Whois I use for looking up those domains. I have tested all of them already.

you mean you tried different whois server entries or you've tried other Lookup Provider Options.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Suggestions#Configuring_Lookup_Provider

Yes this only occurs for .nl domains, all of my other spotlight TLD's function like they should...

then if using standard WHOIS, i'd be tempted to change the sort order of the spotlight TLDs... move .nl to the far right and see if that makes a difference - it might delay that secondary lookup.

also, take a look at the activity log and see if there are any whois errors in there.

then if using standard WHOIS, i'd be tempted to change the sort order of the spotlight TLDs... move .nl to the far right and see if that makes a difference - it might delay that secondary lookup.

Thank you very much, that solution worked for me!