NelsonJPG

how I can change the price of a invoice?

Hello ...

how I can change the price of a invoice?

I need to add a rule to subtract tax (2%) to the total , but I can not do this.

ejm

subtotal = 40.00

VAT1 = subtotal * 12 / 100

VAT2 = VAT1 * 2 / 100

total = (subtotal + VAT1) - VAT2

this is possible?

this is possible?

I don't think so from within WHMCS settings because taxes are usually calculated against subtotals - your situation looks more like a VAT refund and so you'd probably need a custom solution to do this.

one possible solution might be to change your VAT1 rate to 11.76% - if you can do that, then total1 should be the same as total2.

total1 = (subtotal + VAT1 @ 12%) - VAT2

total2 = (subtotal + VAT1 @ 11.76%)

so your totals and VAT totals should be correct for your records. :)

what you may then have to do is alter your invoice/email templates etc if they HAVE to show VAT @ 12% and then a 2% subtraction - but they're just basic calculations than can be easily performed using Smarty or PHP along with existing variables. :idea:

btw - you can't change VAT Rates in WHMCS, you'd have to delete the current 12% VAT rule and add a new rule for 11.76%.

http://docs.whmcs.com/How_To_Guides#Change_Tax_Rate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Esi
      Hi all
      i need to solve a problem with a wrong invoice ( obv paid from my client ) due a wrong data insert in registration from client. in my 7.5 whmcs version there's checked "Store Client Data Snapshot" option and it's working correctly, i need so ( i think that is the only way ) modify wrong data from db table mod_invoicedata.customfields and mod_invoicedata.clientdetails but value that i need to change is into a big array and i don't know how touch correctly it.
      Someone has some suggestions or workaround to solve this problem that i think could be really common after whmcs upgrade system and changing ?
      Thank you so much.
      Regards

• By Screamfox
      Hello everyone, 

Well i forget to put the Cron Job task in my Cpanel runing every 5 minutes so, and now after 2 month many invoices as not sent and not due or generated automatically ,the right question is how can i generate all the invoices the cron task usually create for all clients ?  Because now all the 2 month automatic invoices is not here only the transaction ID from PayPal and CoinGate, but the invoice is not created/generated by the automatic system and i have more than two thousand clients so how can i generate again all invoice and put all has payed marked pay and others unpaid if unpaid ? 

I only found this issue after 2 month so now i many "automatic" invoice is not here, there is a way to generate all invoice again ? and mark payed if the transaction is on that month, or a smiliar way ? 

Very Important
      Regards
      Screamfox 
    • By hanstavo
      When I tried to do a test checkout I realized that I cant continue. I get an error about invalid tax percentage, but I don't even have tax setup. I am using WHMCS 7.4.2
      I get the error no matter what payment gateway, and I have tried a fresh install of the checkout.tpl file and a bunch of other files that is included on multiple pages such as common and the sidebars.
      When I enable error reporting, I get the following stack trace:

WHMCS\Exception\Billing\BillingException: Invalid tax percentage: in /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php:0
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->validateTaxPercentage(NULL)
      #1 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/invoicefunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->setLevel1Percentage(NULL)
      #2 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): updateInvoiceTotal(0)
      #3 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): createInvoicesProcess(false, true, '')
      #4 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): createInvoices(1, true, '', Array)
      #5 /home/myuser/public_html/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(true)
      #6 {main}
    • By hanstavo
      Can Someone Please help me? When I tried to do a test checkout I realized that I cant continue. I get the following error, but I don't even have tax setup. I am using WHMCS 7.4.2
      Oops!
      Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
      Please go back to the previous page and try again.
      If the problem persists, please contact us.
      « Back to Homepage
      For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

WHMCS\Exception\Billing\BillingException: Invalid tax percentage: in /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php:0
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->validateTaxPercentage(NULL)
      #1 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/invoicefunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->setLevel1Percentage(NULL)
      #2 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): updateInvoiceTotal(0)
      #3 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): createInvoicesProcess(false, true, '')
      #4 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): createInvoices(1, true, '', Array)
      #5 /home/myuser/public_html/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(true)
      #6 {main}
    • By WHMCS John
      An issue has been identified in the 7.4.2 release - published on 9th January, 2018 - that can result in tax being rounded down in certain circumstances when a negative line item is manually added to an invoice.
      This can result in the tax being calculated at 0.01 too little on some invoices.