Minor display glitch with long email addresses in support ticket view

Email addresses which are long, extend beyond the box. I think you might need some word-break css action.

not sure that would work as it might consider it one word - so where to break?

alternative solution would be to truncate the variable in Smarty... as the sidebar has it's own template (sidebar.tpl), you can modify the template to fix this.

not sure that would work as it might consider it one word - so where to break?

Hmm, you might be right, I haven't tested it, but the doc for the value word-break indicates "Lines may break between any two letters"... I'd imagine the location to break is simply defined by when it reaches the end of its bounding box?

alternative solution would be to truncate the variable in Smarty... as the sidebar has it's own template (sidebar.tpl), you can modify the template to fix this.

True enough! It's not really a common enough issue (nor problematic enough) to warrant changing manually, unless of course we were using a custom admin theme already.

I think it's kind of handy to be able to see the full email address there, so truncating server-side would interfere with that. If the CSS doesn't work, perhaps a tiny bit of javascript to truncate by default, show on hover.

-Jordan