WHMCS Client Area FTP Mod! CHECK IT OUT!

I think this mod was a great idea. It seems like you rushed into releasing this too quickly. It seems like you don't understand your client base and their needs.

I suggest going to various hosts and just checking them out. How they operate and use WHMCS in their sites. A lot of us use custom themes, your addon's should be able to work in any theme pretty much without too much trouble. In special cases you should offer customized integration into the theme.

As well you should definitely work on your customer service and relations. Try hiring a customer relation department, it may help ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just epic. Nice bit of Sunday evening reading...

Firstly, as a developer, it is my top priority to make sure that my modules work with WHMCS, WHMCS should not have to be adapted to work with my modules. Username length, what the heck is going on there? I don't know if there is actually a limit on them, but if there is, what were you thinking?! :eek: You're expecting hosting companies to remap all their usernames for your module? I don't quite think so somehow.

Customer service, by the way you've portrayed yourself in this thread, you seem like the sort of person with gold watches in a coat on the street, we'll never see you again. You may reply to support tickets pretty sharpish, but after reading that log, you don't seem very helpful & polite. You should try and keep personal talk out of business relations, until you get a bit better acquainted.

You joined last month, and are releasing a module already. If you're a dev, you should be able to help people on the forums, not just sell your product? I feel for you in the way that you're releasing your first module, and you have no feet to stand on, neither did I when I started selling Bandwidth Mailer. But I knew as soon as someone ordered it, my system would be faultless. Trust is priceless, and reputation is king. You've blown both of those out of the water in this thread... Get a reputation, and let your customers sell your products.

And the cherry on the cake... Exec()?! I'm speechless.

well I think you just need get sort of customer service attitude and experience how handle customers properly - not everybody have this attitude - I knmow many programmers who are very good at coding but at customer managemet, service and support they are very bad as they simply never did it so they have to achive some experience to provide proper customer service or hire people to do so. So dont be angry from some of posts... level of support and kindness of developer is always on par with module quality even greatest module best coded module can be totally killed by bad support but I see you getting better so keep this way and everything will be fine. I have different business as main for my living and Am asked sometimes very dull and nonlogic questions and some people even ask me several time again and again about stuff I thought I already explainted but thats the life I have to be always friendly, understrandable and hide my emocions and I try give polite answers even most unpolite cistomers I have... only this way is possible run business in right way ...sometimes also my customer is not my cup of tea and his behaviour to me is not good but I have always smile and keep perefectly supporting even such customers... thats business ...those who dont like accept this screw their business very soon so if somebody cant get over it than have to stop making business and get employed somewhere... my2 cents

Edited by maara

Im sorry about the way i went about handling things here guys..just been very stressful and hepteak week. Will take everything into action and consideration not only with mods but with customer service. This has been my first month active as a coder publically on whmcs but ive been using whmcs since 2007/2008 and designing some things here and there. But again thank you to everyone for the tidbits

Im sorry about the way i went about handling things here guys..just been very stressful and hepteak week. Will take everything into action and consideration not only with mods but with customer service. This has been my first month active as a coder publically on whmcs but ive been using whmcs since 2007/2008 and designing some things here and there. But again thank you to everyone for the tidbits

no problem, but id try and get it recoded without Exec() if i were you as this is a major security issue with many host providers.