WHMCS Client Area FTP Mod! CHECK IT OUT!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make a post in a couple of days explaining everything and Bretts actions, Depending on his next action (After what hes just said on my live chat to me)

Why try to stop this train wreck now? Might as well go full hog, as they say. :roll:

transcript from brett who does not know the meaning of open source

Brett - StrideHost.com says

hello

Terry Robertson says

hi

mate this has gone on long enough

Terry Robertson says

well if you had the mod fully compete by liam before releasing it then it would not have

at this time im going to refund you money

and ask that you remove the mod

what goes on between me and liam was our business. if he shared that with you then he broke my privacy

i had asked him not to share anything about the mod

as well he didnt finish it because he didnt know how to fix the feature

and wanted to charge me even more money to get it to work

and im sorry about the way ive been handling my self but when i have un nessary comets and quotes it really does get to you mate as a person

so at this time im going to refund your 20$ and ask that you remove my mod as i no longer want to do business with you or your company

Terry Robertson says

as its open source you cant request this be removed

i can as i have discunted the pricing just for you requested by you and liam

you signed on to my tos when checking put

*out

if the mod itsnt removed thats fine, you will receive a letter from my lawyer....i no longer wish to continue business with you mate

Terry Robertson says

openc sourse meand just that it is open for anyone to use

anyone who has paid for it

stated in the mod tos

you may either remove the mod or pay the full price that i was selling it for. i cannot go on like this is whmcs its hurting my name and im sorry but its just not worth it with you mate....

Terry Robertson says

if uyou that concerned all you need to do is stop the licence

the license mod has been removed from the open source copy running on your site

i can see that

i made a edit in my license mod

to see if its been removed by anyoje

Terry Robertson says

i never paid discounted price i paid wahat yopu advertised on the forum

you paid $20.95 discounted price

that fact is we no llonger want your business

we will be refunding your money today

you will be asked to remove the mod in full

or will receive a letter from my lawyer

plain and simple

Terry Robertson says

the same price listed on the forum for unsupported version

that was at a discounted price as u requested

i thought id give others a chance a t the discount

which broguht me no suscess

again you are being asked to remove my mod

if you dont comply you can pay the full price or have my lawyer contact you

and it also states that the open source MUST keep our license system in it

With all this talk about the source code...

@StrideHost:

Did you conveniently overlook my previous posting in this thread, did you completely miss it, or did you simply have not much to say about it? You openly acknowledge the fact that you're using code which was released under the GNU GP License, but you've violated said license by encoding/encrypting it. If you aren't using code from that other software, which was GNU GPL licensed, you can do what you want with the code.

transcript from brett who does not know the meaning of open source

Well Brett made a couple of lies there,

1) I do know how to fix his issue and offered to, However he choose to have the licensing module implemented instead of fixing bugs (Brett paid by the hour for work)

2) he doesn't know about the licensing disabled with a script telling him

3) When Brett asks his customers to contact me for support on his module, Customers kinda know i helped code it

4) Terry paid exactly the same price as you have your open sourced versions listed for in this thread and on your website (Doesn't mention discount)

Well Brett made a couple of lies there,

1) I do know how to fix his issue and offered to, However he choose to have the licensing module implemented instead of fixing bugs (Brett paid by the hour for work)

2) he doesn't know about the licensing disabled with a script telling him

3) When Brett asks his customers to contact me for support on his module, Customers kinda know i helped code it

4) Terry paid exactly the same price as you have your open sourced versions listed for in this thread and on your website (Doesn't mention discount)

if liam does not know how to fix, then how did he manage to fix the css issue and remove the switch to binary dead link on mine

i think this is the cost

lol, i didn't mean that.

i wouldn't touch this! obviously too much hassle and was rushed into release incomplete more to make money for him then anything else - much like his web hosting site apparently (which appears 90% incomplete as well). And it seems if you try to get support for what you paid for your told to take your money and take a hike or else...

nevertheless i wouldn't have any use for it as i am not a host and even if i was i'd hope that my clients would not be lazy enough not to download an ftp client or click the cpanel link :D

Not to mention I don't use anything from the default themes - all my whmcs pages are pretty much different html/css coding so from what i gather i'd have issues with this since he made it to use the default stylesheets.

Edited by wwesn

In terms of software being released in "open source", the literal definition of open source means its unencrypted. It does not mean that this addon is free for anyone in general. That also being said this particular addon's original source is in fact protected with a GPL. If someone wanted to download the initial source and code it into WHMCS you could not in fact prove that it was not done by someone else, not Brett. So Brett, your case will not hold strong in a court of law.

And I do agree with wwesn about the actual usefulness of this addon. Addon's are supposed to make people's lives easier. Not complicate them. As a professional developer I find web ftp clients to be the most annoying thing to work with. They aren't very user friendly...

I really highly doubt anyone would buy this addon at this point. You have 10pages of complaints pretty much throughout this thread! - On a side note if this was a cartoon my eyes would have just popped out of their sockets.

WOW!

I'm shocked and surprised that this has been allowed to go on as long as it has! More children trying to play "I own a business".

This whole thing is scary. I don't use any third party mods for this exact reason, If I need it I code it and keep it to myself.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and think about it. Someone appears on the forum makes a couple of posts and releases a module without any real involvement or posts in the forum before, you buy it regardless and then are surprised when it turns into this??!

I'm seriously looking forward to a certain post from Bear.

[ /closed ]

More children trying to play "I own a business".

explain. i am no child trying to play at running a business, i have been hosting since 1999. i got this mod as i thought it would aid my newbies who keep asking how do they use ftp etc. as i am no coder or developer.

then all i did was post on here flaws within the mod, to allow others to know of these, and its thanks to liam in getting this fixed.

explain. i am no child trying to play at running a business, i have been hosting since 1999. i got this mod as i thought it would aid my newbies who keep asking how do they use ftp etc. as i am no coder or developer.

then all i did was post on here flaws within the mod, to allow others to know of these, and its thanks to liam in getting this fixed.

Does my post mention any names or refer to any one person directly?

This was left open because it was an offer. It's looking like that was a mistake, and I think this has gone on far longer than it should have.

Here's to hoping anyone that comes along will read the entire thread and draw their own conclusions about the participants, the seller and the offer, but we're done here. Frankly I'm astonished at the entire thing. Shameful.

</thread>

Any additional threads opened to continue this will be removed.