2025 Price Increase

I also tried out Blesta a few years ago, it was a complete nightmare.
Everything I tried to do required making code changes, which requires being a developer, even the most basic simple things. It just wasn;t nice to use at all.
the support was awful as was the community, both of which were very arrogant simps that just attack you if you dare point out any issues with Belsta or things that WHMCS can do that it cannot.

The best alternative I have found so far was upmind.com

I was seriously considering switching, but then they adopted the WHMCS pricing model which made it more expensive as they also charge for extra admin users.

It does have some nice features that many of us have been waiting many years for, such as multibrand.

Edited by snake

On 10/9/2024 at 2:54 PM, Evolve Web Hosting said:

Am I the only one scratching my head saying 'what did they add that was useful to me?'

My thoughts exactly. It's becoming depressing, really. So many broken things, so many great feature requests. And the threat of European e-invoicing in the horizon which they refuse to even acknowledge.

19 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

It is good that they are taking the initiative. The software is still too far behind (and in Beta I believe) that it can't be run in a production environment right now.

Yeah agreed. It is very far behind but heading in the right direction. An open source alternative can only be a good thing for competiton.

34 minutes ago, snake said:

i took a look at fossbilling, it does barely anything currently, so I don;t hold any hope for this at all, considering how many years its been around.
upmind still looks like best alternative.

I just took a look at the features, roadmap, per-user pricing and their user forums. It seems to be a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Also it's SaaS, and I don't trust anyone to host my customer's details and server connections. Their website looks nice, though...

24 minutes ago, stormy said:

I just took a look at the features, roadmap, per-user pricing and their user forums. It seems to be a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Also it's SaaS, and I don't trust anyone to host my customer's details and server connections. Their website looks nice, though...

I don't think its that bad, they seem way more flexible than WHMCS as everything is not geared around making money from a marketplace like WHMCS.

But I wasn't happy about the way they changed the pricing. I also like the fact that its SAAS, so I don't have to worry about updates breaking things.

1 hour ago, snake said:

i took a look at fossbilling, it does barely anything currently, so I don;t hold any hope for this at all, considering how many years its been around.
upmind still looks like best alternative.

upmind looks absolutely horrible. Their pricing structure is even worse than WHMCS and it's fully hosted on their servers. I wouldn't touch that.

I believe the best alternative (I know Bear has had issues) looking at the software only is Blesta. It's been around a long time, much less features but stable and well priced.

17 hours ago, bear said:

This ^^.
I also don't trust passwords in the cloud and so on. It may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get you. 😉

Regardless of where you host it, you still face risks.
Just because it's your own server doesn't mean it's more secure. In fact, chances are it is less secure because most people with their own servers are not security experts and have done nothing extra to lock down and secure their servers.
Almost every single client I have ever had who runs their own server has had vulnerabilities as nobody was keeping it or the software on it updated.

Password manager apps have very high security, they all have certifications and go through penetration tests and audits.
Even if they did get hacked and all the data stolen, it is all encrypted by your master password. 
this is literally the only way to be secure for most people otherwise they would just us the same password on every site or use their email inbox as their password manager.

On 10/11/2024 at 4:44 AM, pRieStaKos said:

Not the same products although. cPanel’s features are actually useful…

Yes, I know that but I see when cPanel increases their price whmcs do the same.