Future Release Roadmap

Evolve Web Hosting

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

We operate in a dynamic and ever changing space in which priorities can quickly change. In our experience a published roadmap was problematic from a communication perspective if customer priorities changed at short notice and features had to be dropped from the roadmap to deliver more pressing changes.

So far this year we are pleased to have delivered, amongst many other features, two highly popular ideas from the feature site; a Server Monitoring solution and On-Demand Product renewals. Additionally we continued our strategic goals to provide tools for you to capture the popular Wordpress hosting market by adding the WP Squared module.

This year we’re also looking to deliver On-Demand Product Addon renewals and a payment gateway module using the new “PayPal Vault” APIs.

We’ll be aligning with the WebPros group-wide strategy to provide a native sitebuilder tool in cPanel and Plesk, looking to provide opportunities for you to monetise and capture more of that market segment.

After that, our current plans focus on improving purchase flows, post-checkout experiences and user experience. With these improvements to the experience using the shopping cart, we are considering several ideas like Multiple client groups, Metric billing for non-monthly products, Credit Notes or a Cart API.

We aim to make three or four feature releases per year and typically include two or three major features in each release. You can read more about how our releases work in this blog post: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=106987

Since WHMCS default stopped paying updates for old users, I will not buy any new WHMCS versions, because they do not have any spirit of contract, I will continue to use the old version of WHMCS, or develop similar features themselves, because none of the new versions they have released so far is worth upgrading, except that WHMCS is more expensive

逐句对照

20 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

We’ll be aligning with the WebPros group-wide strategy to provide a native sitebuilder tool in cPanel and Plesk, looking to provide opportunities for you to monetise and capture more of that market segment.

Fixed that for you. 
Some of us who provide web design do NOT appreciate our control panel(s) offering their own version of site builders, thanks. You/they are once again COMPETING with the client base.

Hi @WHMCS John

Thanks for taking the time to answer. It's mostly the same ole story. Add features that grow MarketConnect and Web Pros bank account. The On Demand Renewals is a welcomed feature for sure. Server monitoring, not so much because it's tied to MarketConnect. Personally, I won't be using it. HetrixTools and others work well enough.

Some features such as the new text to verify that I'm seeing with AMEX and Visa / Mastercard to cut down on fraud would be great. Finishing SEO URLs throughout the system. Fixing the promo codes so they don't apply to configurable options. Fixing the admin area so when I edit a product addon, I don't have to go through 3 - 4 steps again to get back to the product addons screen again. Microsoft Login, Apple Login. Add Apple and Google Pay to the authorize.net module. There are plenty of others at requests.whmcs.com but I'm sure you get the point.

4 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

Some features such as the new text to verify that I'm seeing with AMEX and Visa / Mastercard to cut down on fraud would be great. Finishing SEO URLs throughout the system. Fixing the promo codes so they don't apply to configurable options. Fixing the admin area so when I edit a product addon, I don't have to go through 3 - 4 steps again to get back to the product addons screen again. Microsoft Login, Apple Login. Add Apple and Google Pay to the authorize.net module. There are plenty of others at requests.whmcs.com but I'm sure you get the point.

alot this you my waiting a long time also. You can see a couple of request features that have been more than 5 years and have still not been added. 🙂

On 10/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, WHMCS John said:

How many SiteBuilders does WHMCS recommend we offer during each checkout to optimize? Can we expect a direct correlation between QTY sitebuilder addons offered and QTY sitebuilder addons sold?

41 minutes ago, Remitur said:

Just 5 years old?
Sweet summer child, this one has 129 votes, and it's 10 years old: https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/credit-system-usable-in-european-union-countries   🤣

yes, this one has 496 votes and will not be added.  This i why I stopped voting i see some that have 500 votes and still not added it

https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/billing-term-change

Kayako helpdesk also had a feature request system that was ignored. Things that would have improved it many times over. 
After about 5 years of stagnation, they rolled them ALL into the new leased model and stiffed everyone that asked for them unless they paid a hugely increased price while killing the owned licenses. 

WHMCs mostly just ignores them, and went straight to the "pay more" model. 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:23 PM, bear said:

After about 5 years of stagnation, they rolled them ALL into the new leased model and stiffed everyone that asked for them unless they paid a hugely increased price while killing the owned licenses. 

Breaking news: it seems that kayako ltd dead just two days ago: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08111402/filing-history?page=1

Interesting find on Kayako. I very much doubt they're done, based on the number of businesses I come across using it, and feel they may be simply letting that UK registration of the name go. Resubmit elsewhere or a name change under the new owners (whomever that is these days) is likely, I think. 

10 hours ago, bear said:

feel they may be simply letting that UK registration of the name go. Resubmit elsewhere or a name change under the new owners (whomever that is these days) is likely, I think. 

It may be, but looking the document archive, last two years have been rather "complicated" for them...

Let's wait and we'll see...

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

We operate in a dynamic and ever changing space in which priorities can quickly change. In our experience a published roadmap was problematic from a communication perspective if customer priorities changed at short notice and features had to be dropped from the roadmap to deliver more pressing changes.

So far this year we are pleased to have delivered, amongst many other features, two highly popular ideas from the feature site; a Server Monitoring solution and On-Demand Product renewals. Additionally we continued our strategic goals to provide tools for you to capture the popular Wordpress hosting market by adding the WP Squared module.

This year we’re also looking to deliver On-Demand Product Addon renewals and a payment gateway module using the new “PayPal Vault” APIs.

After that, our current plans focus on improving purchase flows, post-checkout experiences and user experience. With these improvements to the experience using the shopping cart, we are considering several ideas like Multiple client groups, Metric billing for non-monthly products, Credit Notes or a Cart API.

We aim to make three or four feature releases per year and typically include two or three major features in each release. You can read more about how our releases work in this blog post: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=106987

Given your company's history of extortionary price increases, do you seriously think any of us would even remotely consider using any new WebPros products like your Site Builder or WP Squared?

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2023 at 7:44 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

Hello @WHMCS John

Instead of creating a new thread, i'll post it here.

Would you please be so kind someone from your team to check the Feedback community?

I saw comment spam on popular requests. Additionally, i wrote about 3 months ago a new request for using AI in the domain searches and it's not been approved yet by a moderator so that it can become public for voting.