Mass Bogus New Account Creation

For a while there I thought the bogus account creation was behind us.

But in the past few months I've seen a major uptick in bogus European new account creation.

Some bot out there are mass injecting new accounts nearly constantly. 

Anyone one else seeing this?

I see no way to stop it.

Anyone have recommendations on reducing the number of injected accounts into WHMCS?

Thanks.

Simply appearing,

So I suspect there is an exploit in the WHMCS that's allowing injection, without proper sanitizing of entry data. 

Yes there a Google CAPTCHA on page as well, so hacker is getting around that.

It's WHMCS exploit issue as far as I can tell.

This should not be possible, if the create account script had proper safeguards in place.

I might get 10 new account submissions in a the span of a few minutes from various IP addresses.

Attached is sample list of connections from one hacked server apparently.

ipvanish.com.jpg

Edited by TheHackRepairGuy
adding file

You need to match up the time of the account creation and the page they hit in the server logs. That's where I'd start. 
Is this WHMCS installation isolated from other software and users (like on a VPS all by itself, no Wordpress, etc)? If not, I'd be checking that vector as well. 

OK, so the visitors are connecting to the normal signup pages, and you allow signups without purchase. Someone is connecting repeatedly over a VPN and setting up accounts and not being stopped by Recaptcha, so you feel WHMCS is hacked? Have I missed anything?

This is not a WHMCS security issue, as far as I can see. If the method you're using for signups isn't preventing this, that means it's probably a failure of ReCaptcha combined with  allowing signups without a purchase. If you're using invisible recaptcha, change that to challenge/response and see if it helps. If that also fails to stop them, I'd suggest shutting off signups without a purchase, even if just for a while, if that's possible. 

I'd try the captcha first, and see if it does anything.