Need Web Host Suggestions - SiteGround no longer supporting WHMCS in Feb, 2021

benneth

15 hours ago, rdomains said:

WP accounts provisioned via WHMCS

Are you using any provisioning module for WP via WHMCS ? - https://www.softaculous.com/docs/developers/whmcs-auto-install-module/ 

Yes, all of that PLUS 24/7 tech support 

With all cPanel and DA we provision WP along with DDoS Protection, , Litespeed , Proactive defense mechanism along with Antivirus & Malware cleaner other than the usual WP hardening processes 

Not really, but can look into that. Please do share your feedback on AWS too in addition to addressing the points above.

With AWS provisioning we add extra layer of security using our managed DNS 

Where are you hosting whmcs and client sites right now?

WHMCS hosted with cPanel servers and as for WP it's with cPanel / DA (OVH / Psychz Servers) / AWS 

47 minutes ago, Magicklug said:

No, just found it on google.

Those sites are not based on experience, they're based on the fact the site owner has an affiliate relationship with each provider, and stand to earn a little from signups made through the site. They are not to be trusted, or in my opinion suggested, as a valid source for decision making. Please consider that in the future, and make your recommendations based on personal first hand experience.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2020 at 4:47 PM, benneth said:

If you haven't heard... SiteGround is deciding to push their own Web Toolkit, and eliminate WHMCS application support this February.

The impact on my business means I have to migrate my entire client base away from SiteGround in the next 2 months, which is a bit stressful.

For solution's sake... Can anybody recommend a suitable web host that:

• Prioritizes WHMCS application support (has it on their roadmap for a long time)
  • Has kick-ass support
  • Is based in North America (Canada preferred, US is okay)
  • Allows me to take a snapshot of the entire cPanel, and export it regularly (on SiteGround, they restricted WHM backup tools big time).
    • This would allow for easy server transfers out from the host, especially if you needed to move your clients to a new host for any reason...

Based on preliminary research, I've heard good things about:

• InMotion
  • A2 Hosting
  • HostPapa

TIA for any help or suggestions. Looking forward to a long (and successful) migration process.

Who did you end up choosing then?

Please do share your experience with the new host.

Went with InMotion. 3 years plan.

Take-aways:

-Make sure you recreate your products on your new server, as SiteGround didn't allow for the transfer of packages from WHM

-Migration was free

-Make sure the migration team lists ALL of your accounts, they missed a couple of mine and I had to track them down manually

-There are 10 days left before SiteGround is shutdown for WHMCS customers... So, make this a priority if you need to migrate away from SiteGround!

-ALSO, make sure you reassign the owner to your root account for WHMCS (InMotion migrated each account in separately). 

Edited by benneth

28 minutes ago, benneth said:

Cheers for the feedback and those important tips, Benneth!
And congrats on moving away from Siteground.

Today they sent an email to us informing that they're once again jacking up their Cloud Prices.

Per your advice, I am gonna start migrating our server tomorrow.

By the way, how did they migrate WHMCS for you?

Did they simply migrate the complete cPanel which had WHMCS on it?
Or did they copy WHMCS Files and Database over to a new cPanel account?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Went with InMotion. 3 years plan.

Take-aways:

-Make sure you recreate your products on your new server, as SiteGround didn't allow for the transfer of packages from WHM

-Migration was free

-Make sure the migration team lists ALL of your accounts, they missed a couple of mine and I had to track them down manually

-There are 10 days left before SiteGround is shutdown for WHMCS customers... So, make this a priority if you need to migrate away from SiteGround!

-ALSO, make sure you reassign the owner to your root account for WHMCS (InMotion migrated each account in separately). 

Hi Mandalorian (great show by the way),

For the WHMCS migration, it was simple. They copied the files and database to the proper URL... pretty seamless. Eg. they transferred WHMCS.YOURWEBSITE.COM to WHMCS.YOURWEBSITE.COM (no change).

The funny thing is that since SG offers no root access (on the VPS I had), InMotion recreated all of the accounts as individual cpanel accounts. At this point, I requested that all accounts live under "root" so you don't have to create dozens (if not hundreds) of unique API keys, one per website. Instead, create one API key with ROOT on InMotion, and then all of the cpanel accounts should show up in the "Server > Sync" admin in WHMCS.

Another funny thing is that the packages in WHM were not migrated properly. You have to recreate these yourself (since there's no root access, therefore InMotion cannot do this for you).

DEFINITELY get on this, I've spent a week, week and a half messing around with both support teams (mostly InMotion migration support). A "rolled out" migration is what I ended up doing, although InMotion doesn't like doing it this way. Consider doing it all in one shot if you can (including your NS/A record changes).