of WHMCS 8 to 7.x

jlucho

i have upgraded to WHMCS 8

I see that whmcs8 has a lot of bugs and problems

my business cannot stop, until the technicians solve the serious problems of whmcs8

How can you go back to version 7.x? this version was more stable and its functionality was very friendly

53 minutes ago, jlucho said:

Yes I have a backup copy, before doing the migration

During these days, I have had renovations, new purchases, etc.

How do I keep the same information? the database structure, is it the same?

You should have taken a backup of your 7.x version. Pretty hard going back now.

58 minutes ago, AALayer said:

Debería haber realizado una copia de seguridad de su versión 7.x. Bastante difícil volver ahora.

I do have a backup copy of my website, before migrating to WHMCS8
My question is: during this week, I have had renewals, purchases, etc, if I return to whmcs7X that information would be lost and I do not want to lose it

2 hours ago, jlucho said:

I do have a backup copy of my website, before migrating to WHMCS8
My question is: during this week, I have had renewals, purchases, etc, if I return to whmcs7X that information would be lost and I do not want to lose it

I'm not much experienced in terms of restoring backups for WHMCS for orders/history.. etc however you would better lose a few now and restore the backup, then to lose a lot later on. Also if they are a few you can add the services/purchases.. etc manually for each client.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hello,

There is no downgrade option due to the way WHMCS upgrades which includes major database changes. The best way to achieve this as @AALayer stated would be via restoring your backup and re-entering any orders and payments manually. 

If you open a ticket with us we can get you sorted with a developer license so you can take these steps in a separate environment. Then swap the two installs when you are ready. 

1 hour ago, slim said:

WHMCS 8 has bugs, thats for sure, but they are being patched - there is at last count 4 hotfixes. I would stick with it and provide WHMCS with clear concise bug reports so things get fixed quickly

I hope they fix the rest of the bugs asap.. and release 8.0.1.. not sure why it is taking them so long.

2 minutes ago, xyzulu said:

The one where you are unable to delete customer accounts properly. I know I would probably cope if I did upgrade, but I was hoping they would have pushed out a fix already for these  8.0.0 bugs.

I try not to delete customer accounts.. haven't come across that one yet 🙂

I just had a bug approved via ticket - The Auto Recalculate Price button on products doesn't work. (It seems to work for domains thou).. They say this will be fixed in the next point release, due in a few days. In the past ive always felt WHMCS havnt been responsive - but in the last few releases I had done some beta testing and reported bugs.. and to their credit they did fix.

Yeah, I expected some issues.. I just thought fixes would be out now.. it's been nearly a full work week. Even if they pushed hotfixes for the issues I'd be ok. Anyway.. I'll be a little more patient. I'm not too upset with WHMCS... provided they keep up the information flow along with fixes.

4 minutes ago, Damo said:

Why aren't these types of things caught by internal testing?  The health check SMTP one for example, whilst not critical, does show that features aren't being case tested. 

True, thou this version has some major changes, and first release is always going to have issues. just wait another week or two until the second point release.

Thanks @slim. I understood that this is a 'major' release. The item I mentioned as an example was something  new and should have certainly been identified during internal testing. 

Issues and bugs come up all the time but I'm looking forward to an official response from WHMCS to this one. WHMCS is not the same software, or development team it was 5 years ago (or 1 year, or 10years). 

The pretence of public beta testing does not excuse a quality release.  

9 minutes ago, Damo said:

WHMCS is not the same software, or development team it was 5 years ago (or 1 year, or 10years). 

but testing of major releases has constantly failed for the last few years - I don't think the dev/testing team has changed, it's just the same people repeating the same mistakes.... with the usual expected outcome.

though v8 is looking more particularly buggy than usual with very obvious bugs seemingly gone unnoticed.

@brain!  I agree. There's a big gap between between functional and business direction. 

You've been around a long time too and instrumental with so much help and support. 

I understand the need to prioritise. WHMCS has lost the ability to please/appease its vocal user base and its capital investors. 

It would make sense to close the forums and any public conversation if it's being disregarded. The official line here seems to be thanks for the feedback, we made this decision, place a vote if you want change. 

So much has changed in the decade+ that I've used WHMCS. It would be great if WHMCS took some to serious time in understanding use-case and not just what is thought makes sense. 

19 hours ago, slim said:

The Auto Recalculate Price button on products doesn't work.

I confirm this bug also - reported here: 

The system today generated some wildly wrong invoices - I had to email customers to tell them not to panic.

One invoice in particular has a crazy calculation on it and I cannot for the life of me work out a) where that calculation has come from and b) how to reset it.

Edited by sol2010