Who is the best domain registrar for resellers today?

54 minutes ago, PapaKai said:

If I am right, that's a hosting company and not a Domain Registrar for Reselling Business...
I can't even find a WHMCS Registrar Module covering them - neither shipped with WHMCS nor available in www.

They are a brand of Marcaria. While they are a registrar, mostly focused on intelectual property holders,  they don't seem to have a wholesale registrar operation. 

Hexonet was the best...sadly it seems they've abandoned the Hexonet platform for their CentralNic Reseller, which provides encoded WHMCS modules. So not as flexible as the Hexonet modules of the previous era...

@RadWebHosting Our software bundle for CNR (CentralNic Reseller) is developed by the same team (my one). We did our best in regards to aligning the feature level to the HEXONET integration (just 2 minor points are left). We started with the encoding of the HEXONET (aka. ISPAPI) Integration as well a while ago. We are spending resources (and by that money) on making the world of WHMCS a lot better, but are not open to share insights to our code base to others (including competitors!). So, whenever there's something not working / not working as expected / not flexible enough / missing, just open a support ticket and address that. We usually can help with providing a solution (adding a feature / patch / hack or explaining about a whmcs quirk that can be used or by consulting in general). Sometimes, Resellers are even not aware that we already have a solution at hand / built-in or that it is possible somehow via WHMCS in the meanwhile.

That's the key - addressing your needs and questions. Otherwise, yes, how should we help out in terms of closed source software?

Completely agree with @PapaKai.
It was definitely a nice thing to be able to go through the source code for the Hexonet module for WHMCS as a developer. Doing certain things in WHMCS is a PITA and I could more often than not figure out a solution to my problems by looking at their code.
That being said, I totally understand why they encrypted their code.

We've been very happy to do business with Hexonet. Especially because Kai is so easy to get in contact with. If we open an issue on their Github repo, we have a reply rather quickly. Sometimes a fix is uploaded within hours.
I remember on one occasion, we had an issue with a specific premium domain. I was asked by Kai if we could do an online meeting, he found the issue and released an update fixing the problem not even an hour later.
I've also been in contact with him a few times regarding things completely unrelated to their modules, yet he still provided a lot of useful information. At this point I'm convinced he has written more documentation on the WHMCS code than the WHMCS developers has 😅

• 1 month later...

I think I'm being pushed from Hexonet to CentralNic? The prices are much higher for me at CentralNic. It would be about a 30% increase. I wonder if I can migrate to another reseller other than CentralNic. My ENOM and OnlineNIC reseller plans are better priced.

As for the best reseller plan, Hexonet was difficult with all their changes but had good prices. Now with a force move to CentralNic, the prices are too high and so much hassle. 

I wish I would have just stayed with ENOM, better prices and less hassle.

Any feedback with Reseller Club?

1 minute ago, Web Host Pro said:

I think I'm being pushed from Hexonet to CentralNic? The prices are much higher for me at CentralNic. It would be about a 30% increase. I wonder if I can migrate to another reseller other than CentralNic. My ENOM and OnlineNIC reseller plans are better priced.

As for the best reseller plan, Hexonet was difficult with all their changes but had good prices. Now with a force move to CentralNic, the prices are too high and so much hassle. 

Just a reminder to always compare current prices among available options; .com wholesale price grows 7% per year in most years, so the price you remember from Hexonet might not be the price they would be able to charge for the same TLD at this time. 

Current .com wholesale price is USD 10.26, to get a sense of what's the mark-up being applied by each registrar. 

7 minutes ago, Web Host Pro said:

I also recommend talking to our Sales Team (if not done yet). Keep also in mind that at HEXONET (and this applies also to CentralNic Reseller), you receive senior WHMCS Customer Support and just a rare number of registrars have a dedicated team assigned to cover development and support.

Thanks Ruben, I fully agree. Yes, the CNR Plattform comes with a pricing increase for some TLDs. Still, I could imagine that the CNR platform could finally also see better prices after the HEXONET Migration - the more domains for a TLD the better the prices even get for a registrar, plus less infrastructure costs, ... That consolidation is important to happen and we're supporting our customers in that process where we can.