Order Accept Encountered Problems No nameservers are defined for the server this domain is assigned to. Please correct and try again.

We've had our ENOM connection for years now. No changes to our default nameservers.
Suddenly - we cannot register domains.

Order Accept Encountered Problems
No nameservers are defined for the server this domain is assigned to. Please correct and try again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, velocity08 said:

Having exactly the same issue

have tried the same steps

have you had any success in resolving this issue by any chance?

ta

For me it was because the domain i wanted to register was already set as the hostname on one of the vps service for a client, so i simply had to rename the hostname from within whmcs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We had the same issue.

One client already had shared hosting(example.com) with us but the domain is with other registrar.
Later, client ordered transferring the domain(example.com) and paid its invoice.
However, from admin, we could not process transferring accept order with next error message.

No Nameservers are defined for the server this domain is assigned to. Please correct and try again.

The above error message is misguiding.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:00 AM, Pnrhost Support said:

For me it was because the domain i wanted to register was already set as the hostname on one of the vps service for a client, so i simply had to rename the hostname from within whmcs

We tried what @Pnrhost Support suggested and changed domain "example.com" to "1example.com" in shared hosting.
This step by-passed WHMCS side validation but another message received from Registrar

[601] Failed to create order: DomainPassword

We had a look database tblorders, the order record's  transfersecret value was not there.

Thus, we manually update like the following. (s:11 means string length of "example.com")

a:1:{s:11:"example.com";s:8:"AuthCode";}

Then, we could process [accept order] in WHMCS admin. 

I assume that WHMCS does not save Auth Code correctly when there is exising domain in another service.

Edited by johnc

• 3 months later...

The problem is exactly what Pnrhost Support said. The client already has a service associated with the domain name.

In my case, the client had hosting in place then transferred their domain at a later date.

I simply changed the domain from example.com.au to _example.com.au then transferred the domain then once complete i changed the hosting package back to the real domain.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem is ridiculous. My site is going live next week and I don't know if my clients are going to run into brick walls creating an order. 

Can anyone confirm that this only happens when an admin is making an order, or does it apply to all orders?

Is there a fix for this? This is a major problem obviously!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This community doesn't seem to be very active or helpful. This is a clanging error that must have a simple solution.

I can't transfer a domain in because of this error. Tried filling in nameservers everywhere. Also 'reset to default nameservers' does nothing. (default nameservers are correctly specified)

I solved this issue after contacting support. The problem was I hadn't entered the default nameservers information in the server settings.

Go to: System Settings > Servers* (listed under products/services) > Edit (Small icon on the right). Add your nameservers and click 'Save changes'.

* Obviously if you have more than one server, you'll need to select the appropriate one to edit. I only had one, hence I overlooked this requirement.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:00 PM, Pnrhost Support said:

exactly the same issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 8:00 PM, Pnrhost Support said:

Thank you! Similar problem, client had placeholder VPS domain name, similar to new one I wanted to register.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/09/2022 at 11:06 AM, WHMCS John said:

In the case of WHMCS being the server I can confirm this does not resolve the problem, only changing the hostname in the virtual server product then accepting the order again resolves it.

• 1 month later...