Add new payment method - 404

Client reporting that they cannot add a new payment method - credit card.

I can reproduce. i am also seeing strange issues.

When I "Login as Client" I can see that I am masquerading as them, however when I go to add payment method, I get a login screen.

I've never seen this behavior before.

I am also now getting a Oops 404 I've I try to reset a password as a client would on the front facing portal.

Edited by battles
typo in Title

6 hours ago, battles said:

Client reporting that they cannot add a new payment method - credit card.

I can reproduce. i am also seeing strange issues.

When I "Login as Client" I can see that I am masquerading as them, however when I go to add payment method, I get a login screen.

I've never seen this behavior before.

I am also now getting a Oops 404 I've I try to reset a password as a client would on the front facing portal.

Are you using a custom theme or the SIX theme? Test to make sure it works in SIX first and if it does, you've got a coding issue / conflict in your custom theme. If it's broken in SIX, make sure you have all files properly uploaded.

18 hours ago, battles said:

there are 4 new password reset template in the recent versions of Six, so that does sound like they may be missing from your custom template.

2 hours ago, battles said:

Thanks all. I am using Six. I have never changed it in years.

When you say you haven't changed it for years, have you applied the SIX template updates that take place with each release?

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.9.2-release.1...v7.10.1-release.1

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v7.9.2-release.1...v7.10.1-release.1

Once you click one of those links, click 'tags' to change the WHMCS version in case you haven't updated your order form and SIX template for quite a few releases. All changes need to be applied if they haven't been already.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 9.11.12 AM.png

14 minutes ago, battles said:

I guess I'm dumb. I was assuming the WHMCS updates also pulled in the Six changes?

It might but when I run the upgrade, it never says it’s going to overwrite those files. It only warms me about overwriting standard cart. Rename your current SIX folder and then upload the current SIX folder from the zip file. Then see if it all works or not. 

That doesn't seem like a valid location to upload the files. You've given 2 different URLs and I have no idea which is right:

https://my.domain.com/password/reset/email/clientarea.php

https://my.domain.com/account/paymentmethods/add

Is this a subdomain called 'my' and then installed inside a subfolder of that subdomain or is it right inside of the subdomain folder where you're uploading files? I'd either need to know your actual domain or have temporary FTP info to look at it. You could also open a support ticket with WHMCS if you're more comfortable giving them access.

20 hours ago, battles said:

I guess I'm dumb. I was assuming the WHMCS updates also pulled in the Six changes?

they should do - would be pretty pointless to update the core WHMCS if it doesn't also update the default Six at the same time... and I know that you are using Six and not a renamed duplicate.

if it makes you feel any better, I can reproduce both the password and payment methods 404 pages in v7.10.1 using Six - but only by setting the (un)Friendly URLs setting to Full Friendly Rewrite.... changing the setting to either of the other two options, resolves the issue for me.

maybe support will give you a better answer, but i'd certainly suggest changing the Friendly URL setting to one of the alternatives, shift refreshing the CA page, and see if that is the cause of the issue.

This is so weird.

So - we have this proxied through CloudFlare.  I un-proxy'ed it this AM and now it seems to be working?

I've now switched the proxy back on to see if it again breaks it.

We turned the proxy on, because we are changing domains for our WHMCS install and I want to utilize their url forwarding cause it works slick - you have to have it proxied through CF in order for that feature to work.

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

they should do - would be pretty pointless to update the core WHMCS if it doesn't also update the default Six at the same time... and I know that you are using Six and not a renamed duplicate.

if it makes you feel any better, I can reproduce both the password and payment methods 404 pages in v7.10.1 using Six - but only by setting the (un)Friendly URLs setting to Full Friendly Rewrite.... changing the setting to either of the other two options, resolves the issue for me.

maybe support will give you a better answer, but i'd certainly suggest changing the Friendly URL setting to one of the alternatives, shift refreshing the CA page, and see if that is the cause of the issue.

yes! it makes me feel a lot better!