Add Addon to all clients that has specific product ACTIVE

zitu4life

Hello there

I am looking a simple way to add an addon to massive client that has a specific product ACTIVE. I know I could be doing that open on single client and add that addon one by one manually. So maybe other knows a way to do that on a better way.

I have created this addon and it is a free ADDON, so want now to add it in all wanted client, and this addon should honor client product  billing cycle, because it is free and client will only has this free ADDON if he has this SERVICE\PRODUCT ACTIVATED.

Client 1:

Product is Hosting Silver (30-08-2019 - 29-08-2019) monthly
Will add Addon Standard Support (30-08-2019 - 29-08-2019) monthly

Client 2:

Product is Hosting Silver (10-09-2019 - 09-010-2019) monthly
Will add Addon Standard Support (10-09-2019 - 09-10-2019) monthly

Client 2:

Product is Hosting Silver (15-09-2019 - 09-09-2020) year
Will add Addon Standard Support (15-09-2019 - 09-09-2020) year

PS: all clients already had product activated, so I only need to add addon to that product on existing client, doing that one by one I know the way 😃

I want to do that because in that way clients will know and better see it that they have FREE support integrated in their product and our company, so on every invoice they will see displayed there Standard Support FREE with price ZERO and matching with product billing cycle...

Email and invoices will looks like this:

items:
Hosting Silver - www.testdomain.com (14-09-2019 - 13-03-2020) 45 USD
Addon - Standard Support (14-09-2019 - 13-03-2020) 0 USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: 45,00 USD
Credit: 0 USD
Total: 45,00 USD

I want to display clients on every invoice that they also has support on my services, they already know that, but I want to have it displayed.

It could be done by PhpMyAdmin SQL, how?

I accept better idea or advice too. 😃

15 hours ago, zitu4life said:

I am looking a simple way to add an addon to massive client that has a specific product ACTIVE.

you lost me at the word "simple"... 😲

there isn't a simple way that I can think of.... well, manually adding them would be simple, but I assume a long boring task if we're talking about a lot of clients. 😴

I want to display clients on every invoice that they also has support on my services, they already know that, but I want to have it displayed.

as long as they had the same NDD, then that should occur automatically... but I don't think free product addons have a next due date, possibly you would have to make it a recurring cycle (same as product) and price it at zero.

I accept better idea or advice too. 😃

are you sure that this situation is suited to using product addons as opposed to configurable options ?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Addons

When should I use configurable options instead of addons?

• When you want the billing cycle of the addon to match the billing cycle of the product

isn't that what you want to do - have matching cycles ? e.g a radio button configurable option that only has one option and is therefore enabled by default ??

It could be done by PhpMyAdmin SQL, how? 

using product addons, you'd have to conditionally copy across more information, specifically NDD, across tables in the SQL query...

enabling the radio config option would add it to existing applicable hosting services automatically, and therefore invoices too...

TaqP0p0.png

ATXE772.png              c7TRRCx.png

of course, this configurable option would be enabled for all applicable products, but if the product isn't active, then the client can't think that it's configurable options will be either, so probably not an issue... eg the free support comes with the product, not as a separate addon... and if they've let the service lapse from active, then so has the free support.

if it were a checkbox, and you gave them the option of yes/no, then it would default to No and you'd have to use a conditional SQL query to update/add them to Yes.

Edited by brian!

@brian!Well, well... I have seen now that configurable options is working but only for new orders have it been displayed on invoice and emails!, so same product that were added to a client before changes, do not load configurable options on then even if we can see it on client summary page products...So I guess that WHMCS saves conditions of that product on time they were added for first time, so now this same products (changed because we add configurable options) and WHMCS still uses same conditions as first time...

Perhaps should still have a way to fix it...I am thinking if we changed products STATUS on client summary to canceled and then activated it again if could help...or possible some query on phpmyadmin to refresh products, just  a rough idea

19 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Perhaps should still have a way to fix it...I am thinking if we changed products STATUS on client summary to cancelled and then activated it again if could help...

if they didn't already have configurable addons, then there would be no entry in the appropriate database table - before an invoice is generated, just saving changes on their product profile should do it.

• 2 years later...

I have a product with both monthly & annual billing options. Additionally, I've created configurable options for this product with monthly & annual billing. 

When a client chooses the monthly billing option of the parent product I want the cart to only allow the selection of the monthly-based configurable option. 

When a client chooses the annual billing option of the parent product, I want the cart to only allow the selection of the annual-based configurable option. 

Also, I need the custom fields of the parent product to display conditionally, based upon the configurable option selected. In other words, if the client chooses the configurable option "SalesForce Integration" Custom fields will appear in the cart asking them to supply their SalesForce Login details. If they choose the Hubspot Integration, The Custome Fields will appear in the cart asking them to supply their SalesForce Login Details.