How can I reset Email Templates default language

zitu4life

Hello There

Setup>Email Templates

Instead of using options Manage Languages, I have override all English default language to my native language. I have seen so far that there is no option even for Full Admin to reset default.
I think these functions should be added by WHMCS, because lot of users could just be open a ticket for small issues that if you just a had a option to backup and reset all to default.

It is better to just open a ticket with more advanced issues. I have just posted few minutes before How to reset Admin roles too.

PS: would be better for WHMCS  and all members here to, if WHMCS had a guru Staff that will be watching post and capt some improvements that are really easy to implement instead us to submit a future request all the time and waiting 3 to 6 years for easy improvements that also will help WHMCS reducing amount of tickets to be opened.

image.png.3e75601d80d4c1c4072b43b171eb80ea.png

Hello @zitu4life

Thank you for your post,  while this is not a feature that we have I can see the benefit and will flag this with the team, there was an old feature request https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/restore-default-email-templates however it was archived as it only received 4 votes.

If you do require a copy of the templates they are stored in the database, so you could extract them from a fresh database or contact us for assistance on getting a extract of the Email Templates Table. 

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

If you do require a copy of the templates they are stored in the database, so you could extract them from a fresh database or contact us for assistance on getting a extract of the Email Templates Table. 

aren't they also available in /resources/sql/install/tblemailtemplates.data.sql ? if so, they could be restored via SQL - but only if you know what you're doing and after backing up the existing database table first!

I create this thread to show that these small changes will improve platform to be better and also WHMCS will benefit with that. I have another WHMCS installation with fresh install, so I could easily copy those template and fix my issue...but I a m looking for to have this system with easy way to overpass a situation like that...not going to PhpMyAdmin and running some query...End users want to fix thinks in their environment (Web Browser), that is way I create this post, hope that WHMCS think about that.

Same thing for Admin Roles...There is no way on (Web Browser) to reset default...
End users wants things easy....

11 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

hank you for your post,  while this is not a feature that we have I can see the benefit and will flag this with the team

@WHMCS ChrisD Kindly take in consideration Admin Roles too, to create a way to reset then, like print bellow.😃

image.thumb.png.d03f665520eb12897f7477c432e66273.png