caygri

Whmcs and WordPress what is better integration?

Question

Hello, 

how are you? I’m restyling my software shop, and thinking about wp+whmcs because I have already a wp site but missing some features and whmcs has it! 

On codecanyon I see there is 2 module one with elementor and another whmpress.

What I need integrated with wp: 

- user need on sync and one login, after login go on whmcs user area 

- price table auto update

- integrated knowledge base of whmcs on wp (if is possible)

- whmcs generated and manage subscription and assistance

what you suggest  me? 

8 answers to this question

Also, if you use something like elementor or something with WordPress, you can generally use the Data Feeds if you don't want to use WHMPress. For the vast majority, you will likely need WHMPress, which integrates your client area into WordPress 🙂 HostX as mentioned above would eliminate the need for two separate sites. You could manage pages, etc within HostX!

Thank You so much for your addice! And sorry for delay i dont receive email notification! Thank You so much! 

Keep WHMCS and WP on different hosting services, and don't install both of them in the same space!!!!

So, i.e., yourdomain.com for your main, wp site and panel.yourdomain.com for your WHMCS ... in a different hosting (if possible different IP, different server, different datacenter, different planet too... 😄 )

In WP use just the "integration link" provided by WHMCS; if you want to use external API calls from WP to WHMCS, profile permissions very accurately, leaving just a strict read-only (but maybe better if you create a different database, with a mysql backend replication... so your WP can access just the cloned data, purged of any sensitive information (i.e. passwords, credit card data ...)

21 hours ago, mfoland said:

I actually have a great idea for you! 

https://whmcsglobalservices.com/whmcs-themes-templates/ HostX by WHMCS Global Services is AMAZING! I actually use it. You can make pages and add content.

but always remember that their site was hacked and their entire client database leaked onto the internet for anyone to download.... so caveat emptor (buyer beware) - if you go down that road, do so with your eyes wide open. 😲

On 7/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, brian! said:

but always remember that their site was hacked and their entire client database leaked onto the internet for anyone to download.... so caveat emptor (buyer beware) - if you go down that road, do so with your eyes wide open. 😲

I haven't had an issue yet, but that would suck royally. I have seen some sites using it without a license lol, and actually having a nulled whmcs too lol. Maybe WHMCS should more open source their software, OR improve upon the data feeds and API. You can EASILY use the API to code some php into your wordpress site quite simply 🙂