Whmcs and WordPress what is better integration?

caygri

Question

Hello, 

how are you? I’m restyling my software shop, and thinking about wp+whmcs because I have already a wp site but missing some features and whmcs has it! 

On codecanyon I see there is 2 module one with elementor and another whmpress.

What I need integrated with wp: 

- user need on sync and one login, after login go on whmcs user area 

- price table auto update

- integrated knowledge base of whmcs on wp (if is possible)

- whmcs generated and manage subscription and assistance

what you suggest  me? 

16 answers to this question

So when Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Whatsapp etc all got hacked you stopped using their products? I thought not.

well at least two of those I don't use and never have... but I bet when those hacks occurred, there were people on other forums and sites warning users about that situation... did that not occur to you? I thought not. 🙂

Whilst you think your intentions are right, in my opinion, you are adding more fuel to fire. Doing more damage to his business. 

really? it was WGS who replied to this thread with a pointless defence... it was WGS who previously PM'd me pleading to get that hacked thread removed (even though there are similar threads on multiple other sites)... this thread would have died a peaceful death if WGS hadn't replied... or you for that matter... keeping this thread alive is fuelling that fire, not putting it out. 🔥

Anyone looking to business with a new company should do their research and this goes without saying. 

indeed they should, but do they always? it's really not much of a community if we all sit on our hands just looking after number one - and if users know that X has a reputation for this, and Y has a reputation for that, that we should all keep quiet about it??

being a newbie here, you won't be aware that in this place, if a user publicly asks for an opinion about a developer, company or product, these days they probably won't get a reply from anyone... that didn't used to be the case many years ago, and I could tell you why I think that no longer happens, but that's for another time.

Again, just my opinion. You could've just stopped at, xxx got hacked this year, I would do your research before committing. 

that's effectively what I said, and mentioning the database leak was just to demonstrate that the hack went beyond exploiting an issue with a module - their clients details were leaked and are still available to download....

it is also worth noting that this hack happened over a year ago, and i'm pretty sure that i've mentioned it in only 2 or 3 threads - which considering I probably make a couple of thousand posts per year, is hardly damaging their business or demonstration of an agenda on my part.

On 18/09/2019 at 15:39, brian! said:

I will not be making any further replies to this thread.

sadly, I bent that rule - but I wasn't going to let your comments go without a right of reply. headshake.gif

Also, if you use something like elementor or something with WordPress, you can generally use the Data Feeds if you don't want to use WHMPress. For the vast majority, you will likely need WHMPress, which integrates your client area into WordPress 🙂 HostX as mentioned above would eliminate the need for two separate sites. You could manage pages, etc within HostX!

Keep WHMCS and WP on different hosting services, and don't install both of them in the same space!!!!

So, i.e., yourdomain.com for your main, wp site and panel.yourdomain.com for your WHMCS ... in a different hosting (if possible different IP, different server, different datacenter, different planet too... 😄 )

In WP use just the "integration link" provided by WHMCS; if you want to use external API calls from WP to WHMCS, profile permissions very accurately, leaving just a strict read-only (but maybe better if you create a different database, with a mysql backend replication... so your WP can access just the cloned data, purged of any sensitive information (i.e. passwords, credit card data ...)

21 hours ago, mfoland said:

I actually have a great idea for you! 

https://whmcsglobalservices.com/whmcs-themes-templates/ HostX by WHMCS Global Services is AMAZING! I actually use it. You can make pages and add content.

but always remember that their site was hacked and their entire client database leaked onto the internet for anyone to download.... so caveat emptor (buyer beware) - if you go down that road, do so with your eyes wide open. 😲

On 7/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, brian! said:

but always remember that their site was hacked and their entire client database leaked onto the internet for anyone to download.... so caveat emptor (buyer beware) - if you go down that road, do so with your eyes wide open. 😲

I haven't had an issue yet, but that would suck royally. I have seen some sites using it without a license lol, and actually having a nulled whmcs too lol. Maybe WHMCS should more open source their software, OR improve upon the data feeds and API. You can EASILY use the API to code some php into your wordpress site quite simply 🙂

On 7/4/2019 at 8:36 PM, brian! said:

Hello Brian,

Yes, we got hacked, but we are well recovered from it.

It does not mean that our products are still vulnerable,  WHMCS users are using our products with no issues.  🙂

Even WHMCS got hacked and its database was leaked over the internet in 2012 (https://blog.sucuri.net/2012/05/whmcs-website-hacked-and-database-leaked.html)

It does not mean people should stop using WHMCS Billing Software.

You make things fixed and in the same way, we did 🙂

Thanks

WGS

Edited by WGS

2 hours ago, WGS said:

Yes, we got hacked, but we are well recovered from it. 

and what about all the clients details that got published when your database was leaked online (and btw it's still available for download) ? have they recovered yet, or are they still feeling the consequences?

2 hours ago, WGS said:

It does not mean that our products are still vulnerable, 

I have never said that they are - I have no knowledge whether they are or not.

2 hours ago, WGS said:

WHMCS users are using our products with no issues. 

you would have said the same thing 5 minutes before your site got hacked the last time. 🙄

2 hours ago, WGS said:

You make things fixed and in the same way, we did 🙂

all I have done, either here or when asked privately, is occasionally remind users of what happened to you - just in exactly the same way that you have just reminded users what happened to WHMCS back in 2012.... it's only fair that if you feel that you're entitled to do it about WHMCS, then so do I about your company (when appropriate). 🙂

• am I posting a link to that hack thread every time you post a reply in SO&R? absolutely not.
  • am I contacting users privately to warn them about WGS? again no - but if they come to me and ask, or if I think it's appropriate to a thread, then yes I will mention it - and I will continue to do so as long as I feel it necessary.
  • would I personally use a WGS product ? probably not after that hack.

I know you would like that thread to be deleted and that whole episode to just go away, but as I have told you previously, I have rejected having moderating powers here and can't do that - however, even if I did have them, I wouldn't delete the thread.... besides, there are numerous equivalent threads about that hack on many other forums, so this site is far from the only place where that hack has been discussed.

your problem isn't really what i've said, or those threads in general - it's the fact that you allowed your site to be hacked and your clients contact details published - that's not my problem, it's yours.... and sadly now theirs. 😞

there is absolutely no point in having a community of WHMCS users, if we are unable to warn each other about potential issues - it's nothing personal against you or your company, i'd do the same with others if the situations were similar... and they would be quite entitled to do the same if my site got hacked too.

over time, that hack will become increasingly less relevant to your business (assuming it's not repeated), but as of today as it's not even a year since it happened, it's still relevant.

I will not be making any further replies to this thread.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

your problem isn't really what i've said, or those threads in general - it's the fact that you allowed your site to be hacked and your clients contact details published - that's not my problem, it's yours.... and sadly now theirs. 😞

This is a very very huge problem, and shows some rather incompetent administration, honestly. 

As far as the OP's question:
Truth be told, what I'd do if you're looking for the same 'look and feel' is use WHMpress . This product provides a direct integration with Wordpress. They've got a couple of addons as well (comparison  tables , client area). I have all three (haven't tied in client area yet), and it can be setup to appear that your clients are doing everything from your site, look and feel.

I've dealt with those guys in the past and they are pretty responsive and reasonable. Pointed out a couple of errors and they fixed em right up 🙂

On 9/18/2019 at 3:39 PM, brian! said:

and what about all the clients details that got published when your database was leaked online (and btw it's still available for download) ? have they recovered yet, or are they still feeling the consequences?

I have never said that they are - I have no knowledge whether they are or not.

you would have said the same thing 5 minutes before your site got hacked the last time. 🙄

all I have done, either here or when asked privately, is occasionally remind users of what happened to you - just in exactly the same way that you have just reminded users what happened to WHMCS back in 2012.... it's only fair that if you feel that you're entitled to do it about WHMCS, then so do I about your company (when appropriate). 🙂

• am I posting a link to that hack thread every time you post a reply in SO&R? absolutely not.
  • am I contacting users privately to warn them about WGS? again no - but if they come to me and ask, or if I think it's appropriate to a thread, then yes I will mention it - and I will continue to do so as long as I feel it necessary.
  • would I personally use a WGS product ? probably not after that hack.

I know you would like that thread to be deleted and that whole episode to just go away, but as I have told you previously, I have rejected having moderating powers here and can't do that - however, even if I did have them, I wouldn't delete the thread.... besides, there are numerous equivalent threads about that hack on many other forums, so this site is far from the only place where that hack has been discussed.

there is absolutely no point in having a community of WHMCS users, if we are unable to warn each other about potential issues - it's nothing personal against you or your company, i'd do the same with others if the situations were similar... and they would be quite entitled to do the same if my site got hacked too.

over time, that hack will become increasingly less relevant to your business (assuming it's not repeated), but as of today as it's not even a year since it happened, it's still relevant.

I will not be making any further replies to this thread.

So when Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Whatsapp etc all got hacked you stopped using their products? I thought not.

Whilst you think your intentions are right, in my opinion, you are adding more fuel to fire. Doing more damage to his business. 

Anyone looking to business with a new company should do their research and this goes without saying. 

Again, just my opinion. You could've just stopped at, xxx got hacked this year, I would do your research before committing. 

Now, to answer OP, you could just use WHMCS and use the announcements feature as a blog. It's by no means elegant, but will get the job done if you are on a budget. If you arent, I would get in contact with a developer and get a custom integration of the pair. Similar to what im finishing off for my own website.

You have a lot of options with WHMCS and WordPress integration.

Personally I share the same views as others who mentioned security concerns when merging WordPress with WHMCS. It's best to keep both separate and link between them. Also by using a plugin such as WHMpress you are relying on them to keep everything up to date and bug free going forward. If WHMCS and Wordpress are kept separate then you won't need to worry about updates.

Code Canyon, AKA Envato, AKA Theme Forest is a horrible place to purchase WordPress projects. Unfortunately they have saturated the google search  results in different ways  where they now show up 90 percent of the time even when you are purposely trying to find an alternative.

Hence, my answer/response to your original question is to find plugins somewhere else other than Code Canyon.

What are the details you ask behind my opinion?

I purchased a theme on Envato's website that had just been made unusable because of recent WHMCS v8.1 updates and the author came back stating that they were no longer supporting WHMCS-bridge support since they were told that  WHMCS-bridge did not plan on updating to support WHMCS v8.1

I responded with a request to get a refund since this was the main reason I purchased the theme.

They replied with some instructions on how to use a workaround theme that they had, problem was their documentation didn't match the files and didn't seem to work.

After three weeks of trying to get the product to work with 24 hour turnarounds between mostly useless replies I requested a refund of the "Extended Support" that I purchased since I did not plan to use this theme past the six months of standard support.

When the author refused refunds in both cases I went to Envato with the simple request for a refund under their terms which state the following:

Item support extension not used

If you purchase an item support extension and request a refund of that extension before your existing item support expires we would expect the author to provide you with a refund of that item support extension

Unfortunately, all Envato did was forward my request to the author who denied the request again.

Furthermore,

There is no real way to judge the quality of the products on Envato/Code Canyon beofore you purchase them because as I found out after purchasing the theme from Designing Media, Envato just deletes all comments that point out the failures of the Support from a vendor and or poor quality of the documentation and programming.

Just my two cents, and since Envato has tried to cover this up by deleting my comments, I will keep looking for places to warn people since they have the right to know what they are getting into