Function recalctotals() does not work - Error 500 on Google console after upgrade to 7.7.1

Dimitra

Hello,

I recently upgraded my website to the latest verson 7.7.1 and not I'am having the following problem.

When I choose a product and go to the product configuration page, the Order Summary is blank. Every time a choose a price from the dropdown menu, I can see the loading icon in the #producttotal div, but no price is calculated.

The errors I see in the DevTools Console are either ''Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)'' or
image.png.25c81686514b65147b4dd82d008a7432.png

I tried changing back to the default templates (Six and Standard Card) but nothing changed.

Any ideas why this is happening or how i can fix it?

Thank you very much.

On 18/02/2019 at 14:56, Dimitra said:

Any ideas why this is happening or how i can fix it?

I doubt that there's a generic problem with recalctotals - otherwise all hell would be breaking loose on here with other users stating their carts aren't working either.

my assumption would be that it's an incomplete/corrupted upgrade - the fact that it doesn't work under six/SC is a clue to that too... if it had worked there, it would imply a template issue... if it's not working full stop, it's a missing/corrupt file or a clash with an existing file.

did you use the automatic updater to update? which version did you update from ?? i'd be tempted to get hold of either the full or incremental zip and start uploading folders via ftp ('vendors' would be first on the list) to see if that resolves this.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Dimitra,

A 500 Internal Server Error is a generic error message produced by the server due to a misconfiguration. There are potentially a wider number of causes for such a problem, here is a brief overview of them and potential fixes:

• File Permissions are incorrectly set.  Should be (depending on server but general rule of thumb) 644 for files and 755 for folders/directories.
  • An error in one of the PHP Files - Try enabling the display errors options described at http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_Pages
  • An error in an after-market customisation applied to your WHMCS installation
  • PHP Memory & Process limitations - Try increasing to 128MB
  • PHP Process Limitations - Check with server admin/hosting provider
  • Corrupt PHP Modules, Extensions, Builds - Check with server admin/hosting provider
  • The obscure - If points 1-5 don't produce a fix typically the best course of action is to check the Apache Error Logs

The most likely cause of this kind of error is an after-market customisation. Could you please ensure there are no customisations present on your installation as these can often change the way WHMCS operates.
These are typically located in the /includes/hooks and /modules/ directories

Once the issue is resolved you can add them back one-by-one until the problem begins again - at which point you have identified the troublesome customisation and can contact the vendor directly for assistance resolving the problem in their code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I restored my website to the previous version and updated it again (manually this time). I think the first time  the update was not completed. The problem is not solved, but now I get the warning about the missing WHMCS Base URL. I added the script from the documentation page but in the console, the variable is empty. Is this variable related to the error 500 I'm having? Also, where is this variable defined?

@WHMCS John I tried most of your recommendations, (except the builds check that I will check tomorrow) but nothing changed. What is more, when I enable the errors display option, there are no errors displayed.

Thanks again.